Anth's 23 Mods // Gameplay v6.0 Released

Good news - after some abstract experimenting, I've made a fairly big jump in progress today - the most I've made in a good couple of months. It's helping the defensive bursting issue, the speed and the physicality - which together has a fairly big impact on overall gameplay. I can say there will definitely be an update now! It's much more difficult to beat defenders with the left stick now, but definitely still possible, especially with good dribblers.

Last edited:
It wasn't a criticism, it was a question why it was like that, why I used it and I realized that it was like that so I asked because if it was a mechanic I would study the mod to be able to change it to my liking, if it was a bug or something that shouldn't, it would be a report
I understand
what are you aiming for. Usually I try to play around with mods too. Related to gp mods I just wanna say it’s not without risk to mix it with another one or settings slider with too much difference to the recommendations. But if you know what are you doing, all 👍. I see many People complaining about the mod that it should be too easy. But besides maybe I am just an average players I hardly guess some of the People setting the mod in a wrong way up. I also set a setting in sliders to a higher value which enhances the experience a bit for me. But speed and acceleration should be really untouched imo. I am aware you speaking about the use of the controller buttons. I use them too to protect my „goods“ from Ai. So let’s see what Anth provided us next. 😉

Very unexpectedly, his update has taken off guys!! Some of these changes are pretty major and I wasn't expecting these results. There's even some 1v1 improvement in here (no miracle expectations, but there's a definite improvement in this area).

I just played one of the best matches I've played on 23 and it was a 20 min match that ended 0-0. CPU fouled my 8 times, XG 0.9 to 1.3. Some of the best midfield play I've had on 23 hands down. Refining still, but hoping it'll shape up quickly for a release.

Did anyone help that the mods do not change the source code of the game, rather it changes file settings within it, why do we still not have mods that change the codes within it? Is this because of EA's protections not to change the code??

Did anyone help that the mods do not change the source code of the game, rather it changes file settings within it, why do we still not have mods that change the codes within it? Is this because of EA's protections not to change the code??
Because its all in c++ without any modular nature to it. Only language that is open is some lua.

Rant Incoming. Hope nobody gets insulted but fuck it.

The amount of actual talent is extremely limited compared to other games and if someone is they are usually hounded away or ignored for the popular crap. Only person with actual coding talent left that actually gets the credit he deserves is Aranaktu.

I have an idea, C++ is even a little complex, I'm tinkering with it a bit, and sometimes doing simple things becomes complex compared to C# for example, do they make games in C++ even for the sake of security of the correct code? because C# makes reverse engineering easier to see game code.

Because its all in c++ without any modular nature to it. Only language that is open is some lua.

Rant Incoming. Hope nobody gets insulted but fuck it.

The amount of actual talent is extremely limited compared to other games and if someone is they are usually hounded away or ignored for the popular crap. Only person with actual coding talent left that actually gets the credit he deserves is Aranaktu.
It also doesn't help that it has DRMs on top of DRMs on top of Anticheat. You need to be extremely good reverse engineer to figure all of this out and possibly a master at x86/64 assembly.

I have an idea, C++ is even a little complex, I'm tinkering with it a bit, and sometimes doing simple things becomes complex compared to C# for example, do they make games in C++ even for the sake of security of the correct code? because C# makes reverse engineering easier to see game code.
As long as it doesn't use a transcompiler like IL2CPP.

I really enjoyed the feel of the game overall, the changes in passing makes beating the defensive AI really satisfactory, defending is way more rewarding, a great experience.

Only one thing that kinda bothered me: 1v1 against the goalkeeper should be more reliable inside the box especially in 45° angles imo (the ones with finesse shot are solid but the normal ones are really bad), maybe this can be solved by changing the sliders but I don't really have experience with it and kinda feels like cheating.

I really enjoyed the feel of the game overall, the changes in passing makes beating the defensive AI really satisfactory, defending is way more rewarding, a great experience.

Only one thing that kinda bothered me: 1v1 against the goalkeeper should be more reliable inside the box especially in 45° angles imo (the ones with finesse shot are solid but the normal ones are really bad), maybe this can be solved by changing the sliders but I don't really have experience with it and kinda feels like cheating.
Thanks man. I find just lightly touching the shoot button is much more reliable in 1v1 vs the GK.

Update should be out late this week or early next week also and it’s shaping up well. A lot more football is required to create chances and score now. Speed exploitation is mitigated.

Thanks man. I find just lightly touching the shoot button is much more reliable in 1v1 vs the GK.

Update should be out late this week or early next week also and it’s shaping up well. A lot more football is required to create chances and score now. Speed exploitation is mitigated.
I also think conversely regarding GKs, Do you feel they come out a little too slowly for 1on1s?

I've had a lot of instances where a striker breaks through, I'm holding :triangle: and it seems they're so deep on their own goal line and it takes a little too long to wake them up and get them to charge which usually results in being lobbed more often than not.

I'm sure this is more of a vanilla FIFA problem too and something that occurred in most of the recent editions of Frostbite FIFA more than anything, but curious if you have any understanding of GK values and their ability to respond to these kind of threats more appropriately.

I also think conversely regarding GKs, Do you feel they come out a little too slowly for 1on1s?

I've had a lot of instances where a striker breaks through, I'm holding :triangle: and it seems they're so deep on their own goal line and it takes a little too long to wake them up and get them to charge which usually results in being lobbed more often than not.

I'm sure this is more of a vanilla FIFA problem too and something that occurred in most of the recent editions of Frostbite FIFA more than anything, but curious if you have any understanding of GK values and their ability to respond to these kind of threats more appropriately.
I haven’t touched keepers behaviour at all as I’m not too familiar with the files. I’ll have a look and see what I can find out. @Paul-v may be a good person to ask regarding this.

How's that foul count for the 61st minute. Best part - I haven't touched anything to do with fouls. With some of these core changes, the fouls happen organically. Can't wait to share this update!

View attachment 226852
That’s what Gattuso used to say in his prime. His foul count in the 61st minute was higher though. 😂

How's that foul count for the 61st minute. Best part - I haven't touched anything to do with fouls. With some of these core changes, the fouls happen organically. Can't wait to share this update!

View attachment 226852

I love how compact that midfield looks. And also I use to find teams like Juventus, Inter Milan, etc weaker because they didn't have super fast players. But now it looks like they might be stronger with the speed being balanced.

Please Anth James fix the issue with crosses in the area... CPU dosen't cross to the area, it's the same move every time:

1st - pass the ball to the other player next to him
2nd - protect the ball with body until another player show up
3rd - dribbling our players and gave the pass to another player

Looping...

Last edited:
Please Anth James fix the issue with crosses in the area... CPU dosen't cross to the area, it's the same move every time:

Looping...
I don't think this depends on the Mod, each team has some "hidden" characteristics called "traits". Among these is "do a lot of crosses" or "do a lot of dribbling". Evidently the CPU team you played against has the "do a lot of dribbling" trait.

I don't think this depends on the Mod, each team has some "hidden" characteristics called "traits". Among these is "do a lot of crosses" or "do a lot of dribbling". Evidently the CPU team you played against has the "do a lot of dribbling" trait.
Well said. There’s so many layers and variables that there’s very rarely a magic fix and it often requires a multifaceted solution.

Looping...
I’ll refer to what @Fifapat said.

Also, while not entirely the sole reason, I really think that this is another knock on effect of 1v1. So much of the CPU behaviour is dictated by what is happening around them - spacing, zones, movement, etc. The rigid nature of 1v1 in my opinion is a big reason that we have similar patterns in gameplay. Especially when the ball is in that particular ‘crossing’ position, the defence collapses into the same shape and we have the same standard movements (or lack of) happening around them.

Last edited:

Also, while not entirely the sole reason, I really think that this is another knock on effect of 1v1. So much of the CPU behaviour is dictated by what is happening around them - spacing, zones, movement, etc. The rigid nature of 1v1 in my opinion is a big reason that we have similar patterns in gameplay. Especially when the ball is in that particular ‘crossing’ position, the defence collapses into the same shape and we have the same standard movements (or lack of) happening around them.
Could it also be a case because of the 1v1 philosophy the game's attacking AI is coded to "want 1v1s" and try to create as many 1v1 situations even if it's not warranted such as on the flank or near/far posts of the penalty area?

They do that notorious thing where instead of naturally releasing the ball for a cutback or a low cross that would accomplish more, they do this silly little ninja dribbling as far as they can possibly take it like it's some sort of Volta contamination into your match

There is a lot to say about crosses. It depends on team traits, the presence of a forward with power header and target man player instruction, the crossing and vision attribute of the crosser and heading attribute of the forward.
Also, very often the wings have a better dribbling attribute than crossing, so they choose the action related to that.

There is a lot to say about crosses. It depends on team traits, the presence of a forward with power header and target man player instruction, the crossing and vision attribute of the crosser and heading attribute of the forward.
Also, very often the wings have a better dribbling attribute than crossing, so they choose the action related to that.
Man, I miss your Squads mods. Still playing sometimes with Anth mod and your latest Squad mod. Great experience. I don’t have the feeling the 2 mods „steal“ something from each other. Or even worser they break Anth‘s mod here. It enhances the mod imo because the Team and Player traits modding is an great addition to the ebx Files modding because it have an impact in gameplay. Like @fifaccitiu.com explained here. I also played with his Squads without any additional gameplay mod and than you can see it effects gameplay well. Correct me if I am wrong @fifaccitiu.com

Could it also be a case because of the 1v1 philosophy the game's attacking AI is coded to "want 1v1s" and try to create as many 1v1 situations even if it's not warranted such as on the flank or near/far posts of the penalty area?

They do that notorious thing where instead of naturally releasing the ball for a cutback or a low cross that would accomplish more, they do this silly little ninja dribbling as far as they can possibly take it like it's some sort of Volta contamination into your match

I think both of these are on the money too. So many reasons, so many layers to it.

Afaik, the only thing you can change gameplay EBX editing wise is that you can change the distance at which a player can choose to cross. By default it's at the attacking box unless you are an early crosser.

Back
Top Bottom