FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

I've always been annoyed. I live in America where EA have that shit exclusivity license over the NFL.

The other thing is that PES has generally always had a very active editing community that took care of these issues, so even if it was annoying, it was fixable. But as a PC player, I stopped caring about PES since we started getting the shittier version. FIFA has a good editing scene, but it's not what PES was at its height.

So this is annoying.

I think moddingway is fantastic, how is it not as good as pes patches? They even make awesome new leagues and add many stadiums.

I think moddingway is fantastic, how is it not as good as pes patches? They even make awesome new leagues and add many stadiums.

I do like it, and Ariel is the man for his work. But stadiums like it used to be in PES, and the community around it have disappeared. Largely due to konami's fault with they underwhelming games.

That's the Fifa/Uefa law about exclusivity to change no?
It seems it varies between countries leagues. And there's many leagues on football, as well as confederation.

NBA don't have that issue, based on USA/Canada only (only one league)

Bundes makes not part of the Fifpro i don't know how it may work if a "law" about to forbid exclusivity is applied

Speaking of licenses, I can't wait to see which new ones they have for Fifa17.

Don't remember this much debate when Fifa got the EPL exclusivity.

Its the modern world. Its just the way it is. Everything is a business these days.

Not the same situation at all, Konami doesn't have PL licence, neither EA.
Nothing seemed "stolen".
Btw i don't really care that much, the only big blow from EA they've done is the Bundes exclusivity, which doesn't makes part of Fifpro (so you can't reproduce player's likenesses/appearences)

Its exactly the same.

If ea sports didn't have it pes could have it. Its the same argument despite the game.

But its life, its business and as a consumer you have to accept that.

Not the same, PES 2016 has Liga BBVA licence, but it wasn't exclusive, only some stadiums was FIFA's exclusivity.

Now it is, from EA like they always do with all their games (NHL, Madden, they even tried to compete with Football manager with their Fifa Manager and stolen licence, but unsuccessfuly)

I didn't deny it wasn't business, just taking a look at the current situation and process to crash the concurrence with licence in priority is obvious. People who said that "they don't care about PES" are ignorant, what's the deal to pay more for an exclusivity contract so?

PES will probably loose many "kits" it's not that important, but the lack of stadiums and teams which aren't related to Fifpro (bundesliga)
Perhaps they will negociate with some Liga teams, like it was the case for i don't remember which PES (2012 or 2013)

From people who likes both franchises like me, those blows from a part to another (well, it's more one sided) annoys me more and more with years, it's not because of "one league" but an accumulation, if you don't understand that i'm really sorry for you

Couldn't care less about the loss of one stadium, I'm sure the modding team will return it in a couple of days simply by converting from Fifa16.

The Electronic Arts announced that the demo version of FIFA 17 will be shown during the Insomnia58, fair organized in the Birmingham dedicated to gaming. The event was established in the days 26-27 and 28 August and is the most important event of the English territory. EA has chosen to give players a chance to test first hand FIFA 17 was during the aforementioned event, therefore you will not see in action the new chapter of the saga during the days of Gamescom 2017. According to EA Sports boss, FIFA 17 will be a real way of breaking with the past thanks to the decision to use a different graphics engine from the one used in the past. The motion Frostbite engine will be the true protagonist of the game. Needless to say, the number of teams increased again thanks to the inclusion of the J-League and all the official coaches of the Premier League. According to the marketing manager of Electronic Arts, it is the UK market to be one of the focal points for the production of the game.

Not the same, PES 2016 has Liga BBVA licence, but it wasn't exclusive, only some stadiums was FIFA's exclusivity.

Now it is, from EA like they always do with all their games (NHL, Madden, they even tried to compete with Football manager with their Fifa Manager and stolen licence, but unsuccessfuly)

I didn't deny it wasn't business, just taking a look at the current situation and process to crash the concurrence with licence in priority is obvious. People who said that "they don't care about PES" are ignorant, what's the deal to pay more for an exclusivity contract so?

PES will probably loose many "kits" it's not that important, but the lack of stadiums and teams which aren't related to Fifpro (bundesliga)
Perhaps they will negociate with some Liga teams, like it was the case for i don't remember which PES (2012 or 2013)

From people who likes both franchises like me, those blows from a part to another (well, it's more one sided) annoys me more and more with years, it's not because of "one league" but an accumulation, if you don't understand that i'm really sorry for you

Don't feel sorry for me Im fine. Im not overly fussed by the whole situation.

Im merely amazed that its suddenly an issue because PES got Barca.. PES with edit mode will be fine and FIFA will always have enough to make it the big draw. Its just the way it is and the way its always been. Just FIFA has had more substance in recent years and improved its game.

2eSGW.jpg

Don't feel sorry for me Im fine. Im not overly fussed by the whole situation.

Im merely amazed that its suddenly an issue because PES got Barca.. PES with edit mode will be fine and FIFA will always have enough to make it the big draw. Its just the way it is and the way its always been. Just FIFA has had more substance in recent years and improved its game.

Oh sorry, i was wrong, i thinked you talked about Liga exclusvity from EA vs PL licence.

But if you talk about people who said that "PES got Barça" like it's a big deal...
Yeah, it's not a serious blow at all.
They only have "stolen" Camp Nou to EA, but Barça will be in Fifa 17 without problem.
While in counterpart Bayern will probably be totally absent in PES 2017... A jab vs an uppercut

Last edited:
The one thing that FIFA does every year is show little snippets but doesn't show its full hand until PES has shown everything, including the demo..i wonder if that's intentional

but my goodness what a boring trailer it was.
don't know EA like that.
they are the marketing KINGS what the heck went wrong.
it looked rushed.
maybe to have an answer for the PES17 BARCA trailer?
player models look bad, animations aren't nearly as organic like Pes17.
am i the only one seeing this?

but my goodness what a boring trailer it was.
don't know EA like that.
they are the marketing KINGS what the heck went wrong.
it looked rushed.
maybe to have an answer for the PES17 BARCA trailer?
player models look bad, animations aren't nearly as organic like Pes17.
am i the only one seeing this?

+1

0:49 robben crossing...:SHOCK:

I just.. don't like it .. at all .
Its just looks wrong . Why players in the game looks like they are "high ", on drugs .
+1

0:49 robben crossing...:SHOCK:

Yeah.... that is .. bit unrealistic :D

Last edited:
Hope it will be different with in-game cam view.
Very different from the first Fifa 17 trailer... But it looked like it was predefined animations, like they always does in their trailer.

Seems like we've got now a real close in-game footage

Did the clothes moved like it did in Fifa 16? I mean the creases move which can clearly be seen but does the models move? I didn't notice any cloth physics in that video

Back
Top Bottom