FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

ROFL! Good one :P :APPLAUD:

Not just you :)

That´s obvious to me that exactly this happened.

To be honest,
when I heard about FIFA using the frostbite engine I thought of a rework in player models and animations as well.
That´s not the case and well...why should they have even done that?

Visual upgrades with that engine is a nice touch, nothing else.

If the gameplay is right (or at least similar as FIFA 16) I´m ok with this - in case PES 2017 will be a let downer for me like 2016 was.

I don´t find the animations so bad actually, except for a few ones.
The problem in here is, that some movements just happen too fast as the slo mo replays look good.

Judging by the video it seems the models look much better than fifa 16

FIFA needs an overhaul of defensive strategies. I can't imagine for how much longer do we have to wait for that.

Simple question:

I heard about the new Journey Mode and don't care about it much since I'm not 'Alex Hunter', or have anything in common with him. It's a cool mode but I'm still looking forward to taking a REAL life player in Be a Pro career mode as I always have.

They're not taking out that option are they? I know most people create themselves as a player and take him to player career mode but I like to play as a real life player.

.. I know most of you guys are aware that pes2014 had low shots, by pressing triangle directly after the shoot button, however I reckon it should be relatively hard to make low shots...particularly if its first time and the balls is travelling fast to you... its amazing how many players over hit a tap in, going much higher than they intended... This should definitely be player stat based!!!! Easy to pull off for the technically gifted.. but not so easy for the (thinking of a player who's crap without trying to offend)...

Seeing the Fifa17 vids, I did notice it looks smoother.. but im not sure if that's because the video itself was recorded at 60fps..My biggest gripe so far (as it is after watching the pes17 trailer), is that player animations/physics looks the similar to last year..which I have to say - look a bit off. Fifa players all look too thin with that odd build. Pes17 players look good when standing, but like crap when moving around the park.. all the players lean down excessively.. with knees too close to chest it seems.. the big shorts don't help this...Still can't believe that both games can't get player physics right. Look at the early (ps2) intro movies, the player physics were sport on.. that's what id expect by now...

Last edited:
Looks good to me but you have to play it to confirm either way..saying that I don't pick things apart looking at a mobile video ..I am still playing 16.. so no doubt I'll enjoy it..saying that I have a 1 year old little lad so don't play anything like it used to whichave is why I've probably not got fed up

that video looks really good to me, player models look so much better closer, now i dont have to play on co-op screen which are further away, and im sure EA will make it even better come release, really looking forward to this.

The lighting on that video looks good as do the ball physics etc but I still really really hate how quickly players can slalom around. Yeah you can make one quick turn but being able to jig from side to side so quickly is ridiculous.

Anybody know answer to question I asked ABOVE?

p.s. Great news about J-League being in the game! New leagues are always welcomed.

They're not taking out that option are they? I know most people create themselves as a player and take him to player career mode but I like to play as a real life player.

There has been no information about anything BAP/Career mode. This is EA though so I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if they removed BAP.

Anybody know answer to question I asked ABOVE?
There has been no information about anything BAP/Career mode. This is EA though so I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if they removed BAP.
Yeah PLF, sorry for not replying but there's no information.

My theory is that because of the Frostbite engine, all user face import options are disabled because of how out-of-place they'd look next to the super-duper faces - see the Rory McIlroy golf game (Frostbite) where you had a choice of 12 pre-made heads, with no options to change hair or facial hair, let alone anything structural - and that same game got panned because of how terrible they were.

Hence being forced to be that Hunter guy - they're betting that no choice (and a deeper story) is better than poor choice (and no story because it would clash with what you had in mind for your specific character).

With all that in mind... I reckon they'll throw out Be A Pro. But, nobody knows. I hope they don't.

Saying that, Pro Clubs is relatively popular, isn't it? You wouldn't think they'd get rid of that, so. Again, nobody knows.

EDIT: I know it's not an important feature, but, I hope they add something like NBA 2K's face scanner for next year's game - rather than just prevent us from ever importing our face into the game again...

Last edited:
Yeah PLF, sorry for not replying but there's no information.

My theory is that because of the Frostbite engine, all user face import options are disabled because of how out-of-place they'd look next to the super-duper faces - see the Rory McIlroy golf game (Frostbite) where you had a choice of 12 pre-made heads, with no options to change hair or facial hair, let alone anything structural - and that same game got panned because of how terrible they were.

Hence being forced to be that Hunter guy - they're betting that no choice (and a deeper story) is better than poor choice (and no story because it would clash with what you had in mind for your specific character).

With all that in mind... I reckon they'll throw out Be A Pro. But, nobody knows. I hope they don't.

Saying that, Pro Clubs is relatively popular, isn't it? You wouldn't think they'd get rid of that, so. Again, nobody knows.

EDIT: I know it's not an important feature, but, I hope they add something like NBA 2K's face scanner for next year's game - rather than just prevent us from ever importing our face into the game again...

On PC we will enjoy everything nice and tidy!!!
Mastah reis!!!:P

Well, NBA Live 16 had that feature with a pretty decent phone app. Still makes me wondering why they don't implement that in FIFA.

Well, NBA Live 16 had that feature with a pretty decent phone app. Still makes me wondering why they don't implement that in FIFA.
Really?! I didn't know that!

All of the teams are supposed to share technology with each other, so it makes no sense that they haven't stolen that for FIFA yet!

The way it's been in FIFA for the last few years has been a bit of a shambles - last time I wanted to do it, I had to download that Unity Web Player plugin, and it didn't like 64-bit Chrome for some reason, so I had to grab Firefox, reinstall it for that, and even then it was hit and miss as to whether it would load or not. Not exactly user-friendly, especially if you're playing on console and you have to borrow a laptop to get it working...

Thanks for the answers Placebo and Chris Davies.

I, for one, am going to stay cautiously optimistic that the BAP mode will remain in the game, at least for the upcoming FIFA 17 version. Because I did some research on this earlier today and I read somewhere that EA confirmed, this new cinematic mode with 'Alex Hunter' has nothing to do with career mode and is an entirely new mode with no bearing on other previous options.

I guess time will tell. Unfortunately I can see them getting rid of the BAP mode at some point, or at least the option of using a 'real life player' since most that even play that mode (which is already a minority), seem to create their own player.

Last edited:
Animations looked recycled from Ignite Engine,IMO! My excitement at the news of FIFA using a new engine is starting to diminish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr9yCJbG990

edit: Don't know why it's not displayed, just click the link.

fifa172001.JPG

juv-dybala-lg.jpg

juv-pogba-lg.jpg

juv-buffon-lg.jpg

juv-chiellini-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Look at 28th then 29th second of the video. The player's shoulders especially. I am afraid forstbite is only about faces this year. Ignite is the rest :TD:

I'm wondering how many teams will receive updated faces. What about Barca, PSG, Atletico, Bayern and other TOP teams?

For example: Neymar face in FIFA 16 is terrible. I know that what because PES2016 exclusive deal but it's ended and Neymar is no longer PES face.

juv-stadium-lg-2x.jpg

Juventus Stadium was not fixed. :(
the sun should shine particularly through the roof, as the roof has small gaps in the roof

Back
Top Bottom