Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Project gothem 3, Ghost recon 3 and Need for speed most wanted.

Gears of war has been pushed back to spring 2006 i've heard, And from a personnel Viewpoint . don't think pgr3 will make launch either . Mainly because im a cynic :S

Well PGR3 will be the game I get. If I have any spare cash then I'd like Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero as well. Kameo is looking excellent.

SHOCK NEWS from GAME's website:

IF I ORDER NOW AM I GUARANTEED A CONSOLE FOR LAUNCH / CHRISTMAS?

Unfortunately not - demand for Xbox 360 has been phenomenal. We have now sold out of our expected first allocation and are unable to promise delivery before Christmas if you place an order after 14:30 on 22nd August 2005. It’s always possible we will still be able to secure you a unit for launch, but unless we are 100% confident we are not willing to make you that promise.

HOWEVER...
We are able to continue to take orders for our first allocation of the Xbox 360 Core System until further notice.

I HAVE ALREADY ORDERED - CAN YOU GUARANTEE DELIVERY FOR LAUNCH DAY?

If you ordered before 14:30 on 22nd August 2005 then, essentially, yes. But we can only guarantee this as much as anyone can guarantee anything - it's never going to be cast-iron. So, allowing for acts of God or alien invasion, then yes. We're gamers too, and understand why you want it on day of release (believe us, we do as well) - and we will do everything in our considerable power to get it to you in time. Our track record on preorder delivery, especially when it comes to new hardware launches, is untouchable.

Interesting

I guarantee if you walk into town on release day you'll be able to pick up a console, pre-ordered or not. :roll:

You could buy ps2's until 2 weeks before christmas ( Remember the curfuffle with that , a good few weeks after apparent Sold out status ) @ Gforce in glasgow, and when they sold out they referred you to the motherwell branch. Was the same with many other Smaller Games chains. The hype over the ps2 seemed alot larger than the 360 So I think it should easily be available for one and all before christmas.

CWright said:
I am getting me 2 of them :)

Anyone else want 1?
:shock: $2000 fricking dollars, thing is someone is gonna buy that.

or.........errrrrmmmmm.........errrrrrmmmmmm...*scratches head* :-k ..... errrmmmmm....*looks up then scratches head again* :-k ...... errrrrrmmmmmmm ..... errrmmmmmm..... yeah!! bill gates :-\" ..... lol :lmao: :|

Last edited:

Very nice article. I especially like the ability to turn the console on and off using the controller, and the ability to connect iPod and PSP.

It really truly has become the 'PC under your TV' now, still connecting an ipod is cool, would be even cooler if you could connect to third party games with your PSP and XB360, PES6 anyone?

DON'T BUY THE XBOX 360 BECAUSE NO HD-DVD IN THE START, THE HD-DVD PLAYER COMING LATER AND I'M SURE MICROSFT WORK ON FEW GAMES ON THIS SUPPORT LATER.

ThomasGOAL said:
DON'T BUY THE XBOX 360 BECAUSE NO HD-DVD IN THE START, THE HD-DVD PLAYER COMING LATER AND I'M SURE MICROSFT WORK ON FEW GAMES ON THIS SUPPORT LATER.

Someone forgot to take their pills.

ThomasGOAL said:

Look thomas I know you are a Sony man, that is 100% clear, but don't come into the Xbox thread and start telling people not to get the 360. Especially when what you are complaining about is something that has been known for months, and I personally don't give a hoot about HD-DVD anyway. What devs want is fast access times and currently only DVD can give that. It's all very well having 30GB on a HD DVD but when it reads at 2x speed it's pointless.

ReActor said:
Look thomas I know you are a Sony man, that is 100% clear, but don't come into the Xbox thread and start telling people not to get the 360. Especially when what you are complaining about is something that has been known for months, and I personally don't give a hoot about HD-DVD anyway. What devs want is fast access times and currently only DVD can give that. It's all very well having 30GB on a HD DVD but when it reads at 2x speed it's pointless.

yup, i second that.

ReActor said:

And later when Microsoft out few games on HD-DVD...

I hate Sony Fanboys!! I own both an Xbox and a PS2 and I think both of them are great, I think I may even end up with an XBox 360 and a PS3. Xbox 360 is a definite because of all the things that come with it straight out of the box I mean its going to be great.

Thomasgoal you have demonstrated you know nothing about games consoles :)

DJ

Always prefered my Xbox over my PS2 since I've owned both, but yeah, fan boys are annoying. I'll be getting a 360 sometime early next year. It looks good anyways. :)

Mikey said:
Always prefered my Xbox over my PS2 since I've owned both, but yeah, fan boys are annoying. I'll be getting a 360 sometime early next year. It looks good anyways. :)
Me too, my PS2 is exclusivly for Winning Eleven / Pro Evo

well GTA SA is on xbox :) Forza motorsport is a reasonably good Live! alternative to GT4 :)

DJ

Have to admit it is annoying the fact that microsoft are going to release the 360 with no HD-DVD then later on relase it with HD-DVD. I might get one, not sure yet, im still getting loads of useage out of my PS2. Chances are one of my mates will have one on launch so ill see what i think about it, maybe wait till the ps3 and revolution are released and make my decision,

But like now ill probably end up with all 3!

Just one more thing, even though HD-DVD is only reading at 2x that is a LOT faster than a 16x DVD reading

Back
Top Bottom