Sony PlayStation 4

That PES logo on it looks really tacky!

Japanese Elm is the way to go ;)

$_1.JPG

I have a question.
A few days ago my son was playing Madden and suddenly the PS4 decided to eject the disc.
Yesterday we were watching a DVD on the PS4 and after 45 minutes the same happened.

Every time this happens it is impossible to put a disc in it, the PS4 simply doesn't accept it.

Today FIFA 15 arrived, so my son wanted to try it and after a couple of minutes, once again the PS4 ejected the disc.

I've been searching the net for troubleshooting and apparently this happens "regularly".

Does anybody knows a solution ?

I've bought the PS4 end of May....

I have a question.
A few days ago my son was playing Madden and suddenly the PS4 decided to eject the disc.
Yesterday we were watching a DVD on the PS4 and after 45 minutes the same happened.

Every time this happens it is impossible to put a disc in it, the PS4 simply doesn't accept it.

Today FIFA 15 arrived, so my son wanted to try it and after a couple of minutes, once again the PS4 ejected the disc.

I've been searching the net for troubleshooting and apparently this happens "regularly".

Does anybody knows a solution ?

I've bought the PS4 end of May....

I think so yes. Mine did the same months ago and it kept doing that ejecting disc noise even though no disc was in. It's an easy fix btw so rest assured. I followed this step by step and all has been fine since:

http://techbooters.com/2014/04/02/ps4-auto-ejecting-discs-heres-fix/

Doesn't void your warranty. It's just a screw to fiddle with :)

Last edited:
I think so yes. Mine did the same months ago and it kept doing that ejecting disc noise even though no disc was in. It's an easy fix btw so rest assured. I followed this step by step and all has been fine since:

http://techbooters.com/2014/04/02/ps4-auto-ejecting-discs-heres-fix/

Doesn't void your warranty. It's just a screw to fiddle with :)

Hi Gerd, I'm sorry to hear that. A friend of mine had exactly this problem and after a talk with Sony technical support they also told him about the fix that Lami talks here.

The thing is, some months after this fix, the error started to happen again to the point it wasn't able to do anything with the reader and then the Sony guys told him he needed to send the PS4 for a repair (seems to be a bad quality piece/assembly of the reader), that took several weeks. After this, his PS4 has been working perfectly for months.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but most probably after this "first aid fix" the error may happen again and then there's no choice but to send it to Sony.

I really hope I'm wrong, though.

Mine use to happen this sometimes too. I fixed with the fix on Lami´s link but it hapened some other time after that too. The last time is stops ejecting only after i unplugged it from the power for like 5 minutes. It doesn´t bother me much since i have all games digitally anyways, but if you have games on disc you better talk with support and ask for a replacement unit.

Thanks for the quick answers.
I think i will give my PS4 back. I don't want to fiddle with it to solve the problem for a couple of months and then having it again when the warranty is expired.

Right using PLEX on my PS4, had an issue where nothing would play but just buffer, sorted this by enabling AAC Audio.

However now have issue where playback is either black screen or frozen image when I fast forward with audio still playing, any fix for this?

I had the same issues and tried a few things for half an hour but nothing worked, so I got bored and just connected my laptop directly to my TV. Sorted.

:LOL: It's shocking how a year later they still haven't addressed this, I delayed and staggered my purchase of a PS4 for as long as I could thinking it would definitely be 'up to scratch' by this point.

hopefully we get the updates in November/January.

Does FIFA 15 use the real names you have for your friends? Kinda strange as I noticed two out of the three who I have their real names and FIFA 15, it shows their real name instead of their username in all the menus. But for them they just have the username and not real name.

Anyone else not able to play online just now?
PS4 says it's connected to internet but any time I try to play a game online I get a network problem message

Great great addition IF it works! Finally we will be able to play FIFA or PES 2vsCPU or in Master League/Career Mode. Finally!!!

Back
Top Bottom