Sony PlayStation 4

Remote play on the vita and this share mode (especially the co op multiplayer part) really make the PS4 feel next gen. Going from this back to my brother X1 feels like a step down. I hate that there's no easy share button on the X1 too as I think that's my most used thing on ps4.

Now I want to see folders added

Yep, double tap the home button and press X to record.

I'm not convinced over SharePlay. PSN isn't the most stable network anyway so not sure how well SP will work in reality.

I never knew that! I asked on eurogamer months ago and everyone said the only way is via kinect or by hitting the home button and opening game DVR, snapping it and picking save clip.

I think shareplay will be fine, I watch a few streams via live from playstation and the image quality is crystal clear.
And I used OnLive for a while and that worked really well. Not perfect but in most cases I couldn't feel the lag. Though after an hour or so of playing Virgin media would throttle my speeds do the image quality would gradually get worse and worse.

Did some share play streaming driveclub today. from my end it worked fine, easy to set up too.
My brother who was playing said the image was clear and from what he could tell, no lag.

His connection wasn't fast enough to let me try the other way round though :(

Played the PES demo on shareplay with Honome from the other side of the world (Brasil and I'm in Australia) and it was just a bit laggy with a resolution downgrade. I'm guessing playing with someone in the same area would be great.

Great addition though.

Oh and I'm on 15megs and 1 up.

Played the PES demo on shareplay with Honome from the other side of the world (Brasil and I'm in Australia) and it was just a bit laggy with a resolution downgrade. I'm guessing playing with someone in the same area would be great.

Great addition though.

Oh and I'm on 15megs and 1 up.

I think the issue was that my upload speed is pretty bad, 2mb. I think for a good share play the host must have at least 5mb upload speed.

I don't play on the PS4 at the moment so happy to let someone enjoy my Swedish bandwidth ;)

I have:

Trials
MLB 14 The Show
Fifa 14
Assasin's Creed Black Flag
Tomb Raider
Killzone Shadowfall
Contrast
Resogun
Dead Nation
Whatever other shitty PSN+ games they release.

I've been stuck to the Xbone since release but this update has brought me back to the PS4 big time. Reminded me how much better it is technically. (Just needs some games that aren't HD versions of old games, man - I don't agree with all this GTA V HD, The Last of Us Last Edition We Promise etc...)

Anyone with DriveClub want to throw me a controller sometime? ;)

Or a few random games of FIFA (or the PES demo), would be interested to see it on the PS4!

Last edited:
I've had my PS4 two months now and I'm incredibly underwhelmed with it, so far. This update has done nothing to change my mind. I don't like the UI at all. The controller handles, thumb sticks and the tiny option button all annoy. Why is so much mapped to the tiny option button when it could be mapped to the massive rectangular button in the middle that gets used for nothing? I won't even mention the complete lack of original next gen content...

Next time I'm on and see you online I'll throw an invite out. I'm in work at awkward times the next few days though so It will either be during the day or late evening.

In Germany Share Play is restricted to inside Germany. You can only play with a person who has a German PSN Account, it's not possible to play on SharePlay with someone outside Germany :BORED:

Ps+ news

First up, December will receive Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition and Secret Ponchos on PS4. The former marks the first big budget retail game on PS4 to make it onto the PS Plus Instant Game Collection.

Then in January Plus subscribers on PS4 will get the standalone inFamous: Second Son DLC, inFamous: First Light, and the heady sci-fi puzzler The Swapper.

The PS3 and Vita titles for these months have yet to be announced.

In the meantime, the latest Instant Games Collection update is out today in North America and tomorrow in Europe. It includes: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, SteamWorld Dig, The Hungry Horde, Escape Plan. Frozen Synapse Prime and Luftrausers.

Well I got my PS4 shortly after its release and it has had the eject disk and beep fault from day one. It wasn't too bad as it didn't happen that frequently. While I was away this summer my sister placed her hot straightener on it (for a few seconds, she claims) resulting in two small heat bumps on the right (non removable) side. 'Fortunately' it didn't affect the console's performance, it was as I left it but slightly uglier. I planned to send it in for a replacement/repair when I got back but I didn't because I was afraid they'd 'blame' the malfunction on me. I dealt with the eject disk fault by buying a digital copy of Fifa 15 instead of the usual physical copy, so as to avoid the disk being ejected while playing online. The beeps on the other hand are out of my control, the bloody thing beeps when it's on, off and even a minute or two after disconnecting the power. Today I turned it on and... it started up in Safe Mode, fantastic. I had to initialize it and therefore lose all my saves etc. (if only I had saved them to the cloud). I can't deal with it anymore. I called Sony Support (Ireland), they had me on hold for 50 minutes, and the lady said that they would have to examine the heat damage and decide whether the warranty is void, i.e. it caused the problems, obviously it didn't considering the problems go back to December when I got it. If they deem it did the repair would cost me about €150.. I can easily sell mine for at least €250 and buy a new one (a white one, they're sexy) for the same price as the repair.. They didn't say anything about when/if they would send me a box although they did ask for my address etc. Should I expect a box?

Back
Top Bottom