FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

What about that?
fifa14ps4bundle.jpg

Can someone answer these queastions? Thanks a lot! :-)

1) Will ball be slow down, when I wil passing? You know, ball physics.....

2) will be passes curve with rotation?

I agree with mfmaxpower, for me the PES videos have been more enticing than the FIFA videos. Will have to wait and see what the demos bring.

I was playing some FIFA 11 (360) this weekend. I don't think you miss the impact engine one bit.

Does anyone know if it's now possible to loan a player and then attempt to buy the player?
I'm just thinking about players like Falco just pinging back and then his price going stupid and him refusing to join the club etc.

Unless this is already possible in 14 and I've missed it completely. I was trying to buy Remy at Newcastle and couldn't see how so in the end had to let the loan finish and then re bid, but his morale was then high due to how he performed for me so happily went back to QPR who had narrowly avoid relegation down to league 1. And then refused to leave as he was hsppy and in good form.

You can but you need to trigger the option of buying him after loan.Setting the price and every thing.At the end of the loan you can either buy him or not but without changing the price your club and his old one agreed upon.

Ah right.

Just heard the Falco deal has fallen through anyway lol

Shame there's no way of the game being set up so the loans that start on the game can be signed. I'd hate to see teams revert at the end of the first season.

Ah right.

Shame there's no way of the game being set up so the loans that start on the game can be signed. I'd hate to see teams revert at the end of the first season.

Where'd you hear that? All news I see has the loan confirmed.

Ah right.

I hope that I'm able to sign the loaned player before he goes back to his old club. ATM you can't even approach him till he goes back to his old team.

Time for a little review. Sorry it's taken a while. Had an eye infection so couldn't play as much as I'd have liked up til now!

I only really play FIFA for the Career Mode side (apart from the odd EvoWeb games online), so got a little excited when that email arrived saying I had access to the CM Beta (on X360).

So, new FIFA. New excitement, new players, kits, boots(!) etc.
Unfortunately, same CM, to a degree.
The GUI theme being darker is a good thing, as it gives the impression of being new & sleek. But it's pretty much the same menus as before. It's not a bad thing as it's familiar, apart from a few button changes here & there.
I thought I'd try a CM with Norwich. My aim being to get promoted, make major changes, see how the Play Offs work, and see what funds you get for getting to the Premier League. Simples.

First up, Team Management.
I don't know about you, but I like lists. I also like the team lineup graphic with my online fantasy football team. I don't like a mix of the 2.
Remember when you pause the game mid-match, you have the Team Management section give you a quick layout of your team (where you could change to a couple of formations quickly, or press B to go into more detail)? That's how the main team menu now looks. It's not the end of the world, but for someone who likes to spend time setting up a squad for each game it's a bit slow to navigate, so hopefully it's tweaked for the final version.

Transfers
First job was to decide who wouldn't be needed, so that the budget of £7m could be topped up. If you know your CM, you know what to expect.
Buying & loaning in players is the same as before. As Rad mentioned, it'd be nice to have a clause in the loans that allow you to negotiate a permanent deal at the end of the loan, as well as the upfront option. Might have to cheat and transfer Mr Falcao in permanently before starting a MUFC CM!
The offers for players who aren't transfer listed is a bit more frequent. Several teams made offers for Leroy Fer, instead of just one at a time. Hopefully that's not a one off!
Interest in young players up for loan didn't seem as high - some of them would improve a League 1 or 2 side. Again, pretty much the same as in 14.
I sold about 7 players for decent money (some were make weights for new players), and brought in 10 loan players. 3 were from Man United, and 3 were from Arsenal. Not sure if that's possible in the real world though? Anyhoo...

Nearly forgot - Short Lists. Still as slow as ever...

To finish of Transfers... Scouting.
Scouts were already in place & doing their job without me having to do anything. They also found a lot more matches than in 14, so seems that a postive tweak is made there.

Gameplay (I'll try my best!)
- Players & the ball seem a bit more weighted, which feels better.
- Long balls seem slightly different. If you hoof it upfield, it does slow down, so players actually have a chance of keeping it in play.
- Tackling is awesome when you time it right. Pretty embarassing when you don't. Some of the new animations make it look impressive at times.
- Shooting is easier to mess up (even on Semi-Pro, for um, testing purposes!).
- Player contact is improved. A lightweight winger trying to run into a solid defender won't work. Had a few entertaining midfield battles because of it.
- Opposition defenders are more likely to kick the ball out of play if pressured, instead of turning into Messi & running away from you.
- One of the pre season games at home (not the authentic ground) had a very small crowd. The away team had one end behind a goal that was almost empty, and half the home crowd had stayed at home. For the first league game, it was packed. Both sets of fans have their team colours, don't remember that in 14 (could be wrong though)

Verdict so far: If you liked last year's version, you'll like this one, even if it's just this test one (no sh*t, Sherlock!). Could do with a bit more tweaking for us CM fans, but I'll definitely be looking forward to getting it on PS4.

Last edited:
Time for a little review. Sorry it's taken a while. Had an eye infection so couldn't play as much as I'd have liked up til now!...

Thanks! Except from the AI kicking out the ball more often, did you notice any difference in the AI style of play, more realistic etc? Or is it similar to last year?

Thanks! Except from the AI kicking out the ball more often, did you notice any difference in the AI style of play, more realistic etc? Or is it similar to last year?

I haven't noticed much difference, but I'll put some time in tonight to be sure. I'll use some of the teams that should be noticeable too :)

Hmm so Fifa 15 in combination with a PS4 costs € 470 (in Holland), while XBOX One Fifa 15 + Forza Motorsport 5 bundle costs € 399. Intresting...

Last edited:
Jamesy, are you playing the beta on the 360 or XOne?

Thanks for the impressions. Hearing that players have even more weight is music to my ears! (And the complete opposite of what I'd expect from all these gameplay vids.)

I haven't noticed much difference, but I'll put some time in tonight to be sure. I'll use some of the teams that should be noticeable too :)

You might need to play on higher than Semi-pro to experience much variation in the AI, they don't even full on sprint until Professional and higher!

You might need to play on higher than Semi-pro to experience much variation in the AI, they don't even full on sprint until Professional and higher!

Yeah, and really with the ability to make things easier with sliders there's really no reason to not play on legendary, or at least world class, so you get the best out of the AI. You miss out on quite a bit if you don't play on the higher diff settings .

Has the lofted through ball been sorted. And also the dreaded one two pass from the kick off. Does your player continue his run when a 1-2 activated until another one is triggered.
They were total game killers last year.

Well well, FIFA15 early access will be 6hours only too, terrible.

Details on Upcoming Trials
September will also bring you two awesome opportunities to play new games early. EA Access trials for NHL 15 and FIFA 15 will be going live this month and we want to give you the details on what to expect. All EA Access members will get six hours with each game, and as always, you will be able to play each game five days before the release date.

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-access-brings-you-more-to-love-this-september?sf30565666=1

Back
Top Bottom