Sony PlayStation 3

Guys can anyone tell me when those games are coming out on PlayStation3:

1- Winning Eleven 2007
2- Devil May Cry 4
3- Resident Evil 5
4- Metal Gear 4

No PES 6 is being released for Xbox 360 in October not WE/PES 2007 as Konami have stated, that will be released on PS3 in Jan.

DJ

Well Konami have been working on it for a long time. If 360 sold well in Japan, then we would have seen WE10 on it, but as it hasn't....

man, i'm fuckin pissed with M$ about the whole BC thing. They promised 360 to be eveutnally 100% compatible.

This is one thing I can't complaint about with SONY. I can't live without my classics.

Final Fantasy VII will be the first game I play in my PS3 next year.

rockykabir said:
Interesting to see how they will be able to push a £550+ bundle :eh:

Santa will buy it for that much. Remember the Xbox360 was going on eBay for £600 WITHOUT games.

After what I've seen last year with 360 on Ebay, $500 or $600 seems like nothing.

People were payin $1000 - $1500 for that shit..

Nothing can surprise me anymore. I'm expectin to see people pay $2000 and more for PS3 this year..

Yet $600 is still a lot. :D

No no...The ebay thing is something else altogether...a niche market if you like.

The people paying £600+ for a XBox core is just a small minority of the masses - most (normal) people will not even dream of spending that much on a console. A lot of em are desperate parents making a last hitch deal for their spoilt brats :mrgreen:

Buying a PC is something different....Parents will be willing to spend £600+ for something which might be beneficial for them. Essentially, a games console is a toy - or a just another entertainment system for wasting away the hours for the casual gamer. Will the majority be willing to pay £550+ for a Retail priced bundle?

As I said previously, online play is something which interests me the most. With the PS3, which is seemingly targeting an exclusive audience, would there be many players about?

I doubt it :(

Last edited:
I still think they will. Look at it this way, many kids have PS2, it's "cool" to have one, and so lots of them are Sony fanboys. They would have been telling their parents for 12 months to buy a PS3, and when parents find out the price, usually when they go to the shop, they don't want to break their childs heart LOL!

If that is the case...the same people who have spent £600+ over ebay is likely to do it again (prob cos they didn't have the time to queue up to a retail store).

The price being asked for a 360 in eBay was approx £500-600 for a £300 console. How much would be asked for a £425 console?

Never underestimate affordability. I badly wanted a 3D0 when I was a kid - same as most of my friends at school as well :D. But the price being asked was unrealistically too much - I was even willing to combine two Eids and a birthday but still no go(!). Happy they didn't though at the end, as most of the people who ended up getting a 3D0 were spotty spoilt brats who had nothing much else to say other than brag about having a mediocre games system.

As much is the power of fanboyism - I doubt it will do much to convince an average household to make an investment of the value of a small country. Most kids taste change like the season in the year - show them FIFA on the PS3 and on the 360 and there won't be much difference. Lets not forget the other investments that are needed to be made to achieve the best outta the PS3 - namely a HDTV.

A salesman in GAME or whatnot (alrite Adonis ;) ) will try their best to get a sale - and if it means revealing the truth that there ain't much difference between the 360 and PS3 to get a sale, they will do it ;)

rockykabir said:
A salesman in GAME or whatnot (alrite Adonis ;) ) will try their best to get a sale - and if it means revealing the truth that there ain't much difference between the 360 and PS3 to get a sale, they will do it ;)

Cue Adonis coming in here defending his principles etc, but others in other games stores or electronics stores will do this as sure as the sun rises and sets. Which is what I tried to say months and months ago before the PS3 was priced.

Holio said:
Cue Adonis coming in here defending his principles etc, but others in other games stores or electronics stores will do this as sure as the sun rises and sets. Which is what I tried to say months and months ago before the PS3 was priced.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

rockykabir, but it will still sell on eBay and by Xmas is will be sold out. What are we arguing about again? That no one will buy? But "grown ups" will buy it for themselves, it will be sold out very quick.

Yeah definitely....those who are intent in buying it will buy it and it will get sold out. Its just that after that, after all the buzz has gone, will the sales to the "normal" consumers continue?

ah well, I guess time will tell. Should be interesting though...

Mmm... interesting. We will see what happens, really depends on the games. MGS and Final Fantasy really brang in crowds to buy the PS1/2 so I think they will do the same. PS3 will dominate the 3rd Gen market I think, but not by the same margin as the then 1st/2nd generation (i.e. PS1/PS2)

is the 20gb coming out at the same time as the 60gb and is the hard drive removable so say i could buy a bigger one

rockykabir said:
Its just that after that, after all the buzz has gone, will the sales to the "normal" consumers continue?

I believe that once the "regulars" see that the console sells out they'll think it really must be all THAT and shit. The harder it is available, the more people want it. Just like with Xbox last year. The law of supply and demand.

I don't believe the price will stop people from buynig PS3 even well into 2007. This is not your regluar product. Consoles come outevery 5 years, the buzz starts 1 year before the luanch. The market is huge. I'm pretty sure a big part of this market is willing to pay the full price. Then a year from the luanch, the rest will be catching up.

You guys wanna start placing bets? :)

Last edited:
To be fair, the people who are planning on buying the PS3 on launch, are the people who made up their mind about buying it long before the price was even announced. That doesnt really say that Sony did a good job convincing people to buy it cuz those people didnt need convincing. IMO, a good console would be one that could take a neutral fan and convince them to buy the product. Thats what Microsoft did with the X360.

Sure the PS3 will sell out on launch. The real test comes when they are 6 months past the launch and REALLY competing with the other companies.

People were saying the exact same thing for Nintendo and Sega at the time the PSX was coming out. The nintendo followers were convinced that cartridges were still tops at the time of the N64 - whereas Sony were looking forward with CDs. Most people were convinced that Nintendo were doing the wrong thing, but they seemed too arrogant to adapt. Although I still rate the Dreamcast as being one of the best consoles (ever), Sega were a little too late and a bit ahead of their time imo. It's unfortunate that they left the console scene :(

I thought the first mistake was for Sony to make such a huge delay (two christmases is a massive massive gap). A lot of people have brought their 360s - and M$ seems to be giving them away like nobody's business in various promotions and that. The Wii seems to be the perfect compliment to anyone who has a 360 - it is like the Brazil of the console world: everybody's second favourite.

The price was a shock - I actually thought they were teasing us with their claims of it being assuringly expensive(!). I can't remember the last time a extraordinarily expensive console had done well - and this is a huge huge factor. TBH I rather spend my money on other things such as going out or on holiday.

Just like Nintendo back in 1995, Sony seems to be heading into this battle with an apparent screw loose and a disgusting arrogance. Back then it was the issue of the cartridge format, now it is the price. Will history repeat itself? I think it's highly likely imo. Nintendo were the kings back then - reputation alone won't keep you afloat.

I'm speaking not as a fanboy (I never had a XBox before) but just your random casual gamer. Even if I am able to afford it, I ain't gonna splash out £600+ on a console - I've got other things to think about. I also want something that me and my mates can talk about and play each other online - not just the same old few hundreds in the exclusive group of people who can afford it.

Last edited:
Holio said:

here i come! ;)

Nah you're right, we do focus on sales before preference. But in all honestly I'd like to think at my store the staff are honest when dealing with customers.

Even today I was talking to a gent who was pro Sony regarding the console, and found myself shooting him down on many occasions. Imo the PS3 will win this next gen battle, but at the same time you have to remain neutral.

Lets face it, no matter the price its gonna sell. I honestly reckon that by summer next year the 360 wont have a lead anymore.

But do you not consider £550+ for a bundle to be an unprecedented issue? Did you get the impression that customers will be willing to spend so much on a console - or would they much prefer to spend that money on games itself?

I know most of my friends brought the PS2 because of GTA...but now that it is not an exclusive, that can make a huge difference. In fact, I will prob say that the GTA series is what made the PS2 so popular in the western market.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom