Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
I still cant get my head round this signing, its almost as difficult to beleive as LFC winning the European Cup....
Almost as difficult to imagine Man U getting to win 5.... :mrgreen:

Oh, and Sulph, nobody's behind Heskey. :lol:

He's a good player! Theres so much more to his height and he gives us many options - especially in difficult games away from home.

The way I'm presuming Rafa sees it:

Cisse = Speed
Morientes = All rounder + good header of the ball
Baros = skills in passing players perhaps?
Crouch = height advantage + holds the ball up well for others.

He is not selfish (unlike the others maybe) and you know he'll play his heart out for the club.

Who knows, maybe Heskey could have played Crouch's role but he was sold off before Rafa's arrival.

rockykabir said:
Who knows, maybe Heskey could have played Crouch's role but he was sold off before Rafa's arrival.

Possibly cos Rafa likes a big front man, Crouch is probley better technically than Heskey though....

Phew, for Baros - i thought you said "SKILL IN PASSING TO PLAYERS"

and i was like what? he runs with his head down

Crouch can prolly be compared to Toshack in the past. He wasn't anything special but his height and un-selfishness worked wonders with Keegan.

In fact, I will say that Keegan wouldn't have scored half the goals he got if Tosh wasn't around.

Whats up with everyone here? Heskey and Crouch kick ass. The future England striker partnership.

I think YOU are high. Heskey is big and powerful just like Drogba and Adriano (but much better of course) and Crouch has one of the greatest headers in the game. Why do you think Liverpool paid so much for him?
The two can lead England to the European Cup easily. But not the World Cup cuz Rooney and Owen are stealing their spot light.

Trust me. 2008 is the year when the Heskey and Crouch era begins! Mark that year down on your diary, folks. We're in for the ride of our life.

Ol' Rune has started happy hour already. Kudos!

I actually think Crouch is gonna be solid for the team. As Rocky said, he has already proven to those who have watched him that he is a capable striker that can hold up play, create opportunities for charging midfielders (of which we'll have plenty of this season). Further, he has also shown rather gifted feet. . for a man of any size, he retains and moves the ball quite well.

It would be inaccurate to say that the majority of his 16 goals form last year were simple tap-ins. Several of them he created for himself, and on several other occasions, he unsettled the defense and created for teammates.

Anyone who can score 14 from January on thru the end of the season for a relegation-bound team has got to be more than a fluke.

ghazi said:
Ol' Rune has started happy hour already. Kudos!
I'm serious. I've seen the future. The future is bright for Liverpool. The future is Crouch!

I'm telling ya. People will be holding up banners saying that.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
or LFC getting their name on The Prem trophy.......

Vannizz...about as much chance as Utd this season. :lol:

You don't want Baros do you? As effective as RvN at the mo'.....

RuneEdge - for England manager!

Yup, Heskey's star has faded, Crouch's is rising. Always good to see players on their way up.

RvN for me is going to struggle a bit for Utd. Time for Rooney/Ronaldo to step up more I think.

Heskey had a great season for Birmingham last year, no defenders took the piss out of him just ask the hard as nails dirty as fuck blackburn defenders.

Lookng forward to the new season, it will be Cisse's year.

crayon said:
Vannizz...about as much chance as Utd this season. :lol:

You don't want Baros do you? As effective as RvN at the mo'.....

RuneEdge - for England manager!
yet he still had 17(overall) goals last year.... pretty good for being out most of the year

I agree! It's like C.Ronaldo, Ashley Cole, Joe Cole etc......every team has their hated one....

Good luck tonight, hopefully it wont be like last time at the riverside!

Back
Top Bottom