Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

CWright said:
Gonzalez has been denied a work permit due to Chile being 72 in the World Rankings, apparently an International team need to be ranked 70 or higher in order for a player to be granted a permit?!

Maybe if he applies for asylum they'll let him play...?

What a shitty illogical technicallity...

Stasman said:
Ghazi was on about injured players, not players waiting for their chance in the team. (At least i think he was... back me up here bro)

We are still a couple of players short of a title challenge IMO, lets see if Rafa can work his magic and bring in the quality we need, particularly at centre-half and on the right-wing.

True dat. I was referring to injured players. although, Traore out of commission makes the team better IMO.

My firewall at work is tighter than a frog's ass. And ESPN is not running a commentary to the game.

Are there any other sites that provide written commentary that i can follow while at the gig?

Sofia 1 - Liverpool 2 HT

Conceded on 45 mins, bastards

3-1 so far.

How did Cisse and Moro look?. . (other than their obvious goals)

They looked good, Moros goals definately helped him.

Cisse is fookin quick!

A good game and a great save by Reina on 92 mins to stop them scoring a 2nd

From Sky Sports

Predicted Position: 4th
Star Man: Steven Gerrard
The Liverpool captain will again lead from the front having pledged his future to the club after much soul-searching.
One to Watch: Momo Sissoko
The giant midfielder arrives at Anfield with a huge reputation and a glowing endorsement from Rafa Benitez who believes he can become better than Patrick Vieira.

Manager: Rafa Benitez:
The Spaniard takes charge for a second year with his aim to improve on last season's Premiership finish.
Ins: Mohamed Sissoko (Valencia), Boudewijn Zenden (Middlesbrough), Peter Crouch (Southampton), Jose Reina (Villarreal), Antonio Barragan (Sevilla), Jack Hobbs (Lincoln City).
Outs: Anthony Le Tallec (on loan at Sunderland), Antonio Nunez (Celta Vigo), Mauricio Pellegrino (out of contract), Igor Biscan (Panathinaikos), Gregory Vignal (Portsmouth), Jon Otsemobor (Rotherham), Bruno Cheyrou (on loan at Bordeaux), Chris Kirkland (on loan at West Brom), El Hadji Diouf (Bolton), Vladimir Smicer (Bordeaux), Paul Harrison (out of contract), Patrice Luzi (out of contract), Richie Partridge (Sheffield Wednesday) Mark Smyth (out of contract)
Best signing: Peter Crouch
Sky Bet odds: 14/1
Likely top scorer: Djibril Cisse
Possible best XI:
-------------Reina------------
--Finnan--Hyyp--Carra---Riise-
--Garcia--Alons-Gerra---Zenden
---------Cisse-Crouch--------
Fixtures
Squad List

Live Sky Dates: Boro (A) - PP 13.8, Man Utd (H)18.9, Bimingham (A) - PP 24.9, Chelsea (H), 2.10, A Villa (A) - PP,5.11, Sunderland (A) -PP 17.12, Newcastle (H) - PP 26.12.

Well played by Liverpool for most of the game, but Cisse is a greedy fuck, he needs to pass more really.

I think hes just hungry for goals like last season, so he rather take them himself.

Yea, I wish he never hit the post so it would have been 3 goals for him :D

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
I still cant get my head round this signing, its almost as difficult to beleive as LFC winning the European Cup....
He's English and overhyped. How many more reasons do you need?

Yeah being English is probably the reason plus it "adds to his value", which I still dont understand, i can never see him starting for England, even though those claims came up against Azerbaijan, but he should be behind, Owen, Rooney, Defoe, Smith, hell even Heskey and Vassell.

Back
Top Bottom