Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

We must improve away from home this season

CWright said:
We must improve away from home this season
Undeniable. I think we lost 11 away last season. Shocking. :shock: New guys should make a difference. I'm looking forward to watching Sissoko myself.

ive never been so angry in all my life

why the FUCK couldnt we score.

i refuse to blame gerrard because he was unfortunate and created at least 5 chances for himself because of our dickhead strikers who are fucking awful

morientes, one of the worlds best strikers? no.
cisse, one of the best in europe? no.

why are we selling baros when we have lazy twats like morientes in the team

not a good match for Gerrard. He was very unfortunate. Liverpool had dozens of chances but couldn't capitalize. Cisse should never ever play wing again.

But lets look on the bright side, its only the 1st game. Rafa will make plenty of changes in the line-ups and formation for the next match for sure.

It was just so frustrating today, Boro looked like a team that would have settled for a point from kick off. Twats

I disagree, gerrard missed some chances yeah, but it wasnt a bad game for him. he was trying his best to get into attacking positions unlike the fooking strikers!

zenden best start bucking his ideas up too, looks like another Kewell to me

Another bad away result.

God Damnit, i thought this cursid away run would go away in the new season.

All though im not a liverpool fan, i had bets on
1) Steven Gerrard first scorer
2) Half Time Full Time Draw/Away
3) HomeAwayDraw Away

I lost all, and all could have went my way, i was so frustrated.

It was good to see Steven Gerrard pop in and out of places getting lots of chances, but it seems like you guys could be the United of last season.

Also, i was not very fond of the change that Rafa made to bring on Baros

Where was Cisse playing? Garcia's position? Seemed like it

Where is Crouch and Riise, injured or something?

Sissoko played pretty well but got pretty frustrated at times, did have a chance to score though, did he kick out at Parlour or the air?

Other than that, it was pretty good, but i recall a wrong offside descion going your way.

Some of my friends also said that Middlesborough deserved a penalty after Reina took someone down, can someone confirm this.

I hope this is not going to be like the rest of teh season for liverpool, because im going to make a lot of bets that say "Steven Gerrard first scorer"

Not the best start to the new season and i hope United dont take off.
I want it to be an exciting 4 horse race.

We definitely need to sort out our right midfield and some cover for Hyypia/Carragher. Its always been a mystery why people rate Zenden so much - he is definitely not sufficient as a solid first team player.

Sissoko looks useful though - a bit more experience may do the trick.

rockykabir said:
We definitely need to sort out our right midfield and some cover for Hyypia/Carragher.
I totally agreed. From today, Liverpool's midfield looked a mess. We had Cisse, a striker, playing wing to swing in crosses :lol: Not a very good sign. :D

To be fair, strikers do that at times. Ruud does it, Drogba does it, Henry does it.

obviously you lot havent been payin attention to preseason and early CL

he has been usuing Cisse on right wing as well as Upfront

crouch injured and suspended, riise dunno

after one game sulph, i dont know how you can say where gonna be the utd of this season...one game!

Nah i think Cisse was actually PLAYING there not just moving there during play.

Liverpool should have made some big signings in useful positions and not someone like Crouch.

Well we havent really seen him play much for Liverpool though however thats what many people expect. I think they needed a centreback, firstly, and a backup/firstteam keeper which they got in Reina.

I mean like a world class midfielder and not some of the players that they currently have.

Actually I think their midfield is fine, with Riise seeming to be a left winger secures his left mid position, Gerrard and Xabi are untouchable and Garcia on the right.

Seems fine.

To me, Fletcher is a bit like Igor Biscan. Good in flashes but not consistent enough - and should be playing in Greece as well!:D

How can you say he's inconsistant? He hardly plays games. But everytime he does, he gets the job done.
And in case you didnt know, he was injured for most of last season. Almost as long as van Nistelrooy's injury.

Last nite's game again proved that Boro is one of Pool's bogey teams.It seems that Rafa has found the strategy to stop them but thats it,it stops there.I dont understand this,away game againts Boro and playing 4-5-1?? They should have played with a more attacking formation and perhaps should have gotten away with a win.

Very poor first half, I think Liverpool had only one good chance in that half, Gerrard should have tucked it away but he played his balls off the whole match. Southgate said after the game that the Boro' players thought Gerrard was heading his own crosses which shows the ground he covers. I also am very concerned about our strikers and Zenden ain't done shite yet other than that it was a good effort

It was dissapointing that Rafa went with safety first in the first half, he we had gone for it with 4-4-2 maybe we would of had three points.

lol at Southgate's comment on Gerrard getting on the end of his own crosses, don't worry we'll get you back at anfield.

I can also see why we bought Crouch, the sooner he gets back for games like this the better.

Boro were shite.

Hopefully the board are really working the arses off as they've said on getting a CB & RW plus getting Owen once Baros goes.

Owen will not be going to Liverpool even though both parties want it so bad.

Back
Top Bottom