PES 2011 Discussion thread

AT LAST lads!!!! AT LAST!!!

listen, lets cut through the bull, PES on next Gen has been shite.Fact.

I am another PES5 devotee. look at my join date, I have been here from the start,the glory days, the days the used to hand out cigars after every glourious release and say "there you go lads, another year...another work of art"

Been playing PES11 demo today, all day. The PS2 and PES5 can finally be laid to rest.

Its all there for you, only your imagination can stop you in this game, the subtlety it back into PES. If you think it can be done you can do it in this game (with the right player in the right situation of course)

this game is gonna take months to master, months! weight of pass, angle of pass, which player to attempt the pass with.

who to sprint with, who to dribble and jink with, which defender not to out run, which defender not to try and trick.

Its a game of chess again.

dont watch videos and judge this.... the videos are just a window into the mind and ability of the person playing the game. you can get your creative juices flowing with this, your tactical nouce can become a useful weapon again AT LAST!!!

of course people will find cheat goals, easy ways to create chances, but the point is you are not forced down these evil paths ( unlike FIFA sadly)

Like PES 5, you can be anything youwant to be, a speed freak, a pass master, a trickster, a counter attacker,its all in the detail.

Listen, i didnt score for 5 games as Bayern V Barca, but I didnt care as I knew every mistake was my own, every bad pass was my fault and most importantley.. I was learning.

and forget about all this Automatic, semi-auto, auto passing BS thats gone on for the last 3 years.. In PES 11, if you dont like the passing, you think you can do better? well then press the modifier shoulder button and every pass is under your strict control regardless of the quality of the player making the pass.sorted.

The Skills!!! Arcadey? to easy??? Listen... have a look of the skills list, now there are some nice movements in there that can create some space for you, its not all rainbow flicks and flip-flaps. I suggest not adding a string of tricks but adding one of the more subtle (that word again) tricks to each direction. drag back for back, step over for forward, side drag for up or down etc. This will give you a realistic edge with better players and also NOT make you look like a trick whore

its all there if you want it, its like Little BigPlanet for footy.

Ask not what PES can do for you... but what you can do for PES

AT LAST Lads!!!

Last edited:
its not as if they make the run the end up offside, this i wouldnt have a problem with, its the fact that there is still ample space for them to go into but they are just refusing, if im breaking with iniesta, i expect a least 1 of my 3 front men to be stretching the defense, instead of all coming short or being basically stationary .

i got to the byline with barca put in a low cross for example, when i watched the replay xavi had made a run to the penalty spot and at the exact moment i crossed it decided to take 2 steps back.

if i get it with a midfield, i expect my full back to be bombing forward if theres empty space for him to attack, same thoughout the pitch, the game is making me pass back inside, or alternatively try beat the defender 1 on 1.

i never seem to remember having this problem with the old pro/winning eleven, maybe it was because i could set the forward and back arrows for my players...is this option still in the tactic, cant seemed to find it.

as i said earlier, im enjoying it alot but this is really getting to me, also i still have not seen an advantage played.

In your gameplan before each game, experiment putting your values in to the team style section, I never pass without using L1 as well because I like my players to run into space should I need them.

Good to hear that. I trust you.
Btw, now that you have a ps3, add me: DuduBR9

When I had an xbox 360 I played against a friend of yours (he used to play with Roma). I remember your gamertag (I will bet joe).;)

PES 2011 is a must buy for me this year. Probably the only football game in years that will actually offer us loads of fun in offline modes. Online i'll join the PEEL. :BOP:

Cool, ill add you now man :). You have to work for goals like that this year :)

OH MY GOOOOD!!:CONFUSE:

YouTube - Gameplay PES 2011 Demo

The first 20s after the kick off was enough to make me get crazy for this demo.:BOP:

The pace, the camera, the scale of the scfield, the movement feels so free, players are moving so realistically in right pace.

I'll watch the rest of the video... maybe I can find something not very good:P

But at least these first 20s just fell right in every aspect, so much more like the real thing that all these last years i've been playing.... :JAY: Fifa...:JAY:

Maybe i'm just getting crazy for exppecting too much after only 20 secounds of video, but it really feels so good..:WORSHIP:

Has the wide camera been changed a bit compared to the beta ? These 20 secounds of gameplay gave me a much better view of the whole field, much better view of the midfield. It looks so good.

edit: the first goal was crap. no way he's playing on a hard level

Last edited:
In your gameplan before each game, experiment putting your values in to the team style section, I never pass without using L1 as well because I like my players to run into space should I need them.

yeah im gonna have to tinker with the gameplan a bit more i think mate, i assuming by this response that the forward/ back and the 3 diff length blue arrows are not in the game any more? have these been assimilated into the team style section? pity if true cause i liked setting up each player individually.

yeah im gonna have to tinker with the gameplan a bit more i think mate, i assuming by this response that the forward/ back and the 3 diff length blue arrows are not in the game any more? have these been assimilated into the team style section? pity if true cause i liked setting up each player individually.

Yeah, I cannot see the player attack mindedness anywhere too, the important thing I think is for people to get out of the mindset "well old PES and FIFA let me do this", whenever I bought a new WE or PES game I was always slating it for weeks until it clicked.

Nice to see I am still ok to be here after my positive playtest :))

I can't get myself to like the long-ball pass/crossing animation. It always looks like he's chipping the ball. I don't mind the animation but when it's the only animation for every cross that's just annoying.

Crosses and putting the ball in from that area still seem to make the game look worse than it should still.

Firstly as has been alluded several times is the animation but this is only a small issue to me. It just looks a bit odd because at times the player really doesn't look like he's exerting himself but then ends up putting loads of power on the ball.

Marking doesn't look great from corners. Players seem too far apart which seems to result in a lot of attacking players getting headers toward goal.

With those attacking headers seems to come pure randomness though. I saw a video in which an unmarked Ibra put a diving header (just off the ground) over the bar from about 6 yards out centre of the goal. I don't know if I buy into that kind of a miss, i don't know how you couldn't hit the target. Is it a case of headers being too powerful so they've tone them down by making them random?

Plus they seem to fly with a great deal of speed also even at times when it doesn't really look like the ball should.

Rather than spin off the head all attacking headers seem to propel really fast in a straight motion.

I think it's on the previous page but there's a video of Iniesta scoring a header by turning his header from facing away from the ball and then the ball just flying straight into the net. It just looks weird.

Headers irked me in PES 2010 too. If somebody can give an insight and tell me how they found them that'd be cool i spose.

Last edited:
AT LAST lads!!!! AT LAST!!!

listen, lets cut through the bull, PES on next Gen has been shite.Fact.

I am another PES5 devotee. look at my join date, I have been here from the start,the glory days, the days the used to hand out cigars after every glourious release and say "there you go lads, another year...another work of art"

Been playing PES11 demo today, all day. The PS2 and PES5 can finally be laid to rest.

Its all there for you, only your imagination can stop you in this game, the subtlety it back into PES. If you think it can be done you can do it in this game (with the right player in the right situation of course)

this game is gonna take months to master, months! weight of pass, angle of pass, which player to attempt the pass with.

who to sprint with, who to dribble and jink with, which defender not to out run, which defender not to try and trick.

Its a game of chess again.

dont watch videos and judge this.... the videos are just a window into the mind and ability of the person playing the game. you can get your creative juices flowing with this, your tactical nouce can become a useful weapon again AT LAST!!!

of course people will find cheat goals, easy ways to create chances, but the point is you are not forced down these evil paths ( unlike FIFA sadly)

Like PES 5, you can be anything youwant to be, a speed freak, a pass master, a trickster, a counter attacker,its all in the detail.

Listen, i didnt score for 5 games as Bayern V Barca, but I didnt care as I knew every mistake was my own, every bad pass was my fault and most importantley.. I was learning.

and forget about all this Automatic, semi-auto, auto passing BS thats gone on for the last 3 years.. In PES 11, if you dont like the passing, you think you can do better? well then press the modifier shoulder button and every pass is under your strict control regardless of the quality of the player making the pass.sorted.

The Skills!!! Arcadey? to easy??? Listen... have a look of the skills list, now there are some nice movements in there that can create some space for you, its not all rainbow flicks and flip-flaps. I suggest not adding a string of tricks but adding one of the more subtle (that word again) tricks to each direction. drag back for back, step over for forward, side drag for up or down etc. This will give you a realistic edge with better players and also NOT make you look like a trick whore

its all there if you want it, its like Little BigPlanet for footy.

Ask not what PES can do for you... but what you can do for PES

AT LAST Lads!!!

Nice one mate

Yes, i was going to say this. It's going to take time for this game to not only be mastered but fully appreciated.

It's new it's fresh and it's going to take time for people to get the best out of the game.

I don't think you can expect people to be wowed by this straight away. It's if they stick at it and the game will keep rewarding you however long you play!

And because of this, i'm expecting noob reviewers to make bad judgments of this game, wich is sad.

But that's good for us:))...

1. I dont belive (to be honest, no offence) any of your previews...im going to try this myself and decide its good or not for me, because here are many people likes the worst soccer game , pes2008 here....so i just cant trust you what is good or not.
2. I dont belive in vids because the other footy game...lets name it, fifa looks good in videos but i dont like the gameplay that much to buy it.

So ill just wait, thanks for the videos by the way.
The only thing bothers me, theres too many overhead and bycicle kicks...from nowhere!!! :O

1. I dont belive (to be honest, no offence) any of your previews...im going to try this myself and decide its good or not for me, because here are many people likes the worst soccer game , pes2008 here....so i just cant trust you what is good or not.
2. I dont belive in vids because the other footy game...lets name it, fifa looks good in videos but i dont like the gameplay that much to buy it.

So ill just wait, thanks for the videos by the way.
The only thing bothers me, theres too many overhead and bycicle kicks...from nowhere!!! :O

I hate PES from 2008 onwards, I've been playing FIFA for the past few years. I personally love the demo but I agree, try the demo and see for yourself, if you liked the old PES games I'm sure you'll love this!

Back
Top Bottom