Winning Eleven J.League 2008!!!!! just announced

My question is, what's in your opinion the best J League Winning Eleven on PS2, have I overlooked, understimated and missed a release that was a must buy for a fan such as myself in the 9 AC -> 2008 CC time span (in which case I'd prolly pick it up on ebay along with the latest version!)?

JWE9AC is the BEST Winning Eleven so far (at least if you love Asian football) : J.League teams, K-League teams, Chinese Teams, Best asian teams, best European teams, National teams, Nippon Challenge, etc.

In comparison, JWE10EL, JWE2007CC and JWE2008CC are providing less content.

JWE9AC is the BEST Winning Eleven so far (at least if you love Asian football) : J.League teams, K-League teams, Chinese Teams, Best asian teams, best European teams, National teams, Nippon Challenge, etc.

In comparison, JWE10EL, JWE2007CC and JWE2008CC are providing less content.

undoubtedly but I meant gameplay-wise not content-wise, which one is better then?

hI!
i´M WRITting from Tokyo.

Today i´ve bought the game.

The games is good but is the same game always. j-league 2007 cc.
Only a few aditions, ball phisics and new nets :)

For me is boring because is the same.
This year konami...

Regards!

undoubtedly but I meant gameplay-wise not content-wise, which one is better then?

It depends of what you like, but my favorite is JWE6 (2002). Just perfect balance. But if you want something more recent, you should check either JWE10EL or JWE2007CC.

any chance for you to get us some player stats from players missing in pes08??

i'll open a new thread if so

cheers and thanks in advance!
hI!
i´M WRITting from Tokyo.

This year konami...

Regards!

Hi Fernndo how are you? Do you get the game? Play-Asia send me today whit fedex but i get this only the 26 august :(

PS2 only for this WE j league 2008.
Can someone post the stats of Klaas Jan Huntelaar adn Stephen McManus (Celtic captain) please?

I want to know if SC Internacional has gotten better since the last edition

I'm a little lost...why would stats matter, you could edit them anyway as you saw fit if they weren't satisfying you, I'd be more interested in a list of the licensed teams and players and in a detailed comparison with the most recent installments of the series...

Last edited:
Well, at the OFFICIAL SITE on the first page you can have plenty of Information regarding Line-ups and Licensed Teams

hI!
i´M WRITting from Tokyo.

This year konami...

Regards!

What did you expect? Of course it has the same gameplay (engine) like JLWECC07, but you could have guessed this before. But it will still be better than pes08 (more fun) and if pes09 will be shit again you have your game to play this year.

@all others

No warez talk!!!

yes it would

i don't edit stats... i play in a comunity of 3 others, some o them tended to over inflate their players stats, to a point that 2 of us were playing with normal stats and 2 others with regular average middle league joes with stats like kakas and messis.so bottom line, we made a rule, no stats that aren't official konami's one [no matter how crappy they might be]

the players i would like are players that shoul be in 08 but weren't, or ones ahd to evolve alot, they are;
antunes [roma]
pele [inter]
paloschi [milan]
pato [milan]just curious here, his stats were ridiculous in 08
balotelli [inter]
walcott [arsenal]again, just curious
barbosa [porto]
banega [valencia]

these just com to mind, but i'm sure these aren't the only players konami forgot, when they didn't updade the rosters before the game's release

by the rules i play with my friends no official stat, no player, i just want to make the missing players, that's it

I'm a little lost...why would stats matter, you could edit them anyway as you saw fit if they weren't satisfying you, I'd be more interested in a list of the licensed teams and players and in a detailed comparison with the most recent installments of the series...

you could...you know, put some thoughts in the customization process (generally speaking JWE "stock" players tend to be way too weak to allow you to appreciate the game at its full potential...whereas PES players, historically, have always been overdone stats-wise) and, for example, add an equal number of skill-points to each player, keeping that way the backbone characterization made by JSTAT-OPTA (or J'S Goal, whatever) or get your rosters edits off of a pool of skill-points available to everyone, subsequentially organized by putting in place several crucial boundaries and max/minimum levels...and those were just the first few ideas I was able to put together off the top of my head, I'm sure there's better ways to get the job done.

furthermore, as the veterans of JWE might've noticed throughout the years, while J League teams players' characterization sorta makes sense and has lately been based on real data, the overseas teams (mainly european and south american ones) turned out to be a mess in several occasions, being totally overpowered compared to the japanese counterparts (just because they're foreign teams, ridicolous) even in fields where the players should've at least been equal (running speed and stamina for instance), which is something that has never made sense to me and had to be fixed in a way or another.

That's what the Edit feature is for: truth be told, I wouldn't play Winning eleven if it wasn't in the game. To each his own I guess.

~ ~ ~

I've got a question for you guys: how do you apply the user-made patches to your game once people like fernando have made em available online? Does it involve any modification to the console itself (mine is an unmodified NTSC-J SCPH-10000 and my 40 Gig PS3 doesn't allow retrocompatibility)?

Last edited:
Yeah I know, I was talking about PS2 though, there's patches all over the net for Winning eleven games, the question is, how do they apply them to a system that has hardly any network connectivity and doesn't have a built-in HD (at least my model didn't)? Gamesaves on memory cards (which would leave a further question unanswered, how do they interface their memory cards with a PC connected to internet, I guess some sort of adaptor)? brand-new burn'd copies of the modified game? What else?

The PS2 still is a good business nowadays, so while WE games are being launched people will buy them and as a consequence patch makers will continue making patches :)

Back
Top Bottom