Winning Eleven 9 : First Impressions - NO QUESTIONS HERE

It's great to have so many impressions this early on LOL but i just wanted to reiterate something from my lat impression post.

The graphics! Now more than ever is the game looking smoother. i remeber playing WE6FE on the gameCube and being utterly impressed with how good it looked. now THAt game looks arcadey and WE9 looks all the more real. very happy that the graphic problems they had in WE8 have been greatly solved. kudos to konami for really impressing us with the way the engine can be bult to look even better on the current hardware/console.

strange that they dont have out of goal area mistakes yet...

jumbo said:
Goddamn, i'm in love with WE again.

I've only played a couple of games but so far, it's ****in sick. I'm payin attention to gameplay only.

+ ok, first, the pace is even slower than 8LWE which is SICK lol
+ the game doesn't seem like we8, 8lwe at all which is ****in sick
+ the first time i booted i was like what the ****. the players run/move differently now.
+ the headers are SIKKK. the players now fight and push each other for the ball and shield.
* once i had two people jump for it and they collided mid-air and fell down, none touched the ball SIIIICKKKK!~
+ there's like a million new passing animations. they pass leanin foward, leaning back, etc. i think Gerrard has his own short pass animation coz that sure as hell looked like the real him SIICKNESSS
+ the game is HARD. i keep losin the ball in the PK area against **** teams all the time. only won one game so far.
+ the keepers do one hand saves, sick leg saves and ****in dive for crosses. when i say dive they dive not like in prev games.
+ passes do not go directly to the players. not if you got a low pass skills. SICKK
+ high thru balls are now LOWER and FASTER which works totally SIKC!
+ one time I had Raul miskick the ball in front of an empty goal. the ball went into between his legs as he lost his balance. ILLLLL.
+ Man, there is ****in tons of new animations.

+ the horrible slowdowns that plagued WE8 are GONE. the only slowdowns ive noticed are during FK which i have seen in every WE i played.

WE9 is ILLNESS : ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Back to playin.

Mate, I'm loving your comments FULLY SICK!!!!
It's really cool to read about all the new good stuff while you wait for the game. Unfortunately, as I live in Australia I might get the game just before Xmas and only because I ordered with UPS. Doesn't matter though, with post like this one I'm more than happy to wait.
By the way, no one mentioned yet whether the radar option can be turned off.

:lol: Sick and Ill .. loool .. and where is the doctor :lol:

thnx guys .. now I can wait .. must get by tomorrow !!
again .. Thnks :D:D

omg after playing this game my feeling is that PES4 is more like a arcade soccer game

everything is so realistic in WE9 damm a good game 8)

filthydani said:
NOW THERE is something else is BAD ABOUT THE NEW POSITION, WING BACK!

I cant USE IT if i have SIDE BACKS! SO I HAVE TO EITHER PLAY WITH WING BACK OR SIDE BACK, I CANT PLAY WITH BOTH!

This game is getting BETTER and BETTER!!!!!!!

I don't really understand this. Why would a team play with both wingbacks and fullbacks at the same time? The point of having a wingbacks is to support a three man defence when your team loses possession. When a team uses wingbacks they usually play 3-5-2 with possesion, and 5-3-2 without possession. I think it might be a language problem, but are you saying you want 4-4-2 with wingbacks? So that when your team loses possession they become a 6-2-2? Or do you want a two man defence while in possession with everyone else forward?

I'm not sure what you're driving at with this post.

pepe montoto said:
It's really cool to read about all the new good stuff while you wait for the game. Unfortunately, as I live in Australia I might get the game just before Xmas and only because I ordered with UPS. Doesn't matter though, with post like this one I'm more than happy to wait.

Only fade it again :(

I wanted the bugger off :p

Nevermind :)

Im addicted :D

psfzola said:
I don't really understand this. Why would a team play with both wingbacks and fullbacks at the same time? The point of having a wingbacks is to support a three man defence when your team loses possession. When a team uses wingbacks they usually play 3-5-2 with possesion, and 5-3-2 without possession. I think it might be a language problem, but are you saying you want 4-4-2 with wingbacks? So that when your team loses possession they become a 6-2-2? Or do you want a two man defence while in possession with everyone else forward?

I think there was a link prev. to the PES5 'Beta Manual'. All here shoud read it thoroughly. I think many of the questions here may be answered.Instead of us arguing and creating unnecessary posts.

1. Cant have both sideback and Wingbacks.
2. Thre is a limitation to numbers of players/position. (i.e cant have 5 FW's,6DF)
3. Curling freekicks are nopw doen by Holding R1/L1 after the kick.
4. R2 Controlled Shot. Need to press :r2: AFTER, :square: (I.e while the shot powerbar is displayed)

And much much more...

Cheers mates :applause:

Holy fuck i just saw the SICKKEST header ever. The guy hit it into the ground, it bounced off the ground (ala Vieri(R)BouncingHeader) and Casillas made an awesome one handed reflex save in the last second.

Great stuff.

filthydani said:
NOW THERE is something else is BAD ABOUT THE NEW POSITION, WING BACK!

I cant USE IT if i have SIDE BACKS! SO I HAVE TO EITHER PLAY WITH WING BACK OR SIDE BACK, I CANT PLAY WITH BOTH!

This game is getting BETTER and BETTER!!!!!!!

This just confirms what has been obvious throughout the whole thread that Filthydani ( an appropriate name if ever there was one ) knows jack about footy.

pepe montoto said:

trust me it's worth the wait lol

Filthydani is probably a FIFA Fanboy who wants to change everyone's minds and wont stop until he does it which won't happen, and then he probably plans to squeeze in a post saying, hey how about we give FIFA a try guys!.. Or at least that's what I think, all he does is talk shit about WE.. must be a FIFA fanboy.

You dont need to press R2 after the square, you can hold it when shoting, and it will be from the inside of the foot

psfzola said:

Give me a posistion beside the Wing Back that defends the sides in the (midfield)....only!

If you can have DH(MIDFIELD)/CB(DEFENDERS) defending the Center, why cant you have Wingback(MIDFIELD)/sideback(DEFENDERS) defending the sides?

In the pes5 beta manual, it says LMF ONLY ATTACKS in the sides, CMF DOSNT defend the sides either..

JayD said:
This just confirms what has been obvious throughout the whole thread that Filthydani ( an appropriate name if ever there was one ) knows jack about footy.

You only said that after psfzola`s post? get real

The R2 shots get a LOT of curl guys.. so much that sometimes even though it's not powerful.. and from far way out and generally not hit well... the GK can't HOLD on to it... I really like htat.. it's not weakness of Goalie but realistic as there was sooo much bend on one shot I did with Del Piero that even though he didn't hit it well and with enough power.. Casillas couldn't hold on to it but his defenders cleared it anyways ;)

Anfield said:
i can't believe anyone response to filthydani....

just ignore him, and focus on we9 ;)

Great to read all the first impressions/reviews so far.Thanks to all who have posted, I know it's difficult to tear yourself away from the game. Appreciated.
I haven't got the game yet, and in so, so green with envy. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Cheers all. :)

Shevchenko 7 said:
Thats not Cool :( ..
Thats odd, I've been having serious issues from long distance. No more half-field screamers for SURe, they go way off target or they don't have enough leg behind it. (I tried with Adriano, so yeah).

THIS GAME IS BANANAS. ALL the animations are revamped. The dribbling is reasonable to me. The elastico move is soooooooooooo smooth with Ronaldinho. So many variations in animations. The R2 problem isn't really much to me, i just learn to use the D-pad instead. Its quite an easy adjustment. Analog passing is less powerful, which is a definite plus. If you press :x: during a free-kick, you get a power-bar. :r2: kick is amazing with many players with high - technique and curve. Great game guys, GREAT game.

Long rage shot is quite easy to pull off now ...but in the realistic way. I've scored some sick goals lol .It's a whole new games guys , need to learn everything from the begining again , passing , shooting , dribling, team working (key to win the game)etc.Oh and all the new animations r greats ^^ we9 gameplay is so so real

filthydani said:
El_taib/benjo... You wont like the game in a few days... wait and see.....unless you feel so happy that you can get goals just from passing and shooting the ball, football isn't about passing and shooting only, there is something called dribbling!!! And it is totally fucked up in this game......

It is too fucked up to actually get used to it

Can you be more precise about what u don't like in this new dribbling system ?

I got to say it's a little bit harder but closer to simulation in this new WE and I like it. In real soccer matches dribblers don't succeed each time they try, hopefully ! If it was easier u'll complain also because there's no interest coz u score each time u got the ball.
Just practice and wait to have a little more experience of this new one to have a true enlightened opinion !

Back
Top Bottom