Winning Eleven 9 : First Impressions - NO QUESTIONS HERE

Jumbo agree totaly with you amazing the details they tweaked,
feels more natural, even the dribbling,
all the movements, all the physics

looking forward to use memorial match wich will keep scores between you and your friends

i don't know, the dribling seems just fine to me.

seems like you can't dribble the hell out of the opposition with ANY player, only those with higher skill points which i'm perfectly fine wit : )))))))))

wouldn't the dribbling now to be a combination of both r2 and directional? that would be pretty more logic, i guess!

if it is, it confirms what I am thinkin...

it's kinda konami's philosophy to get fifa's features and improve it. and I can tell from the street football videos in WE 9 videos that they got really impressed with fifa street (and who wouldnt)...in fifa street, u got to combinate both of the 'resources' to get new dribles, besides the ones u could do simply flicking r3. maybe it's a matter of matching things up, i guess.

besides, in football, players usually carry the ball, in fron their markers, doint step sides...there isn't a 'dribble mode' inside players' brains...they just move and do it. if konami could translate it in the direcitonal commands, its DAMN FINE and great for me.

and specially...if the game pace finally got much slower than even LE...excellent! sometimes, some matches got so fast, it really seemed like an arcade game! good job, konami.

i'm still going to try it, maybe this week...let's wait and see...

greets from brazil (where people in www.w11online.com are simply loving the game...but there's a 'filthydani' guy there too, he rated it 6.0)

Its good like that for me too, means that the learning curve will be steeper

easy to learn, hard to master

one of the best aspects of winning eleven games in my opinion

damn, i forgot about the crowd. the crowd is much better now. they start cheering whenever there's a counterattack, etc. SICK with captial "S" : DDDDD

jumbo said:
Goddamn, i'm in love with WE again.

I've only played a couple of games but so far, it's ****in sick. I'm payin attention to gameplay only.

+ ok, first, the pace is even slower than 8LWE which is SICK lol
+ the game doesn't seem like we8, 8lwe at all which is ****in sick
+ the first time i booted i was like what the ****. the players run/move differently now.
+ the headers are SIKKK. the players now fight and push each other for the ball and shield.
* once i had two people jump for it and they collided mid-air and fell down, none touched the ball SIIIICKKKK!~
+ there's like a million new passing animations. they pass leanin foward, leaning back, etc. i think Gerrard has his own short pass animation coz that sure as hell looked like the real him SIICKNESSS
+ the game is HARD. i keep losin the ball in the PK area against **** teams all the time. only won one game so far.
+ the keepers do one hand saves, sick leg saves and ****in dive for crosses. when i say dive they dive not like in prev games.
+ passes do not go directly to the players. not if you got a low pass skills. SICKK
+ high thru balls are now LOWER and FASTER which works totally SIKC!
+ one time I had Raul miskick the ball in front of an empty goal. the ball went into between his legs as he lost his balance. ILLLLL.
+ Man, there is ****in tons of new animations.

+ the horrible slowdowns that plagued WE8 are GONE. the only slowdowns ive noticed are during FK which i have seen in every WE i played.

WE9 is ILLNESS : ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Back to playin.

100% agree!!!
It feels like a brand new even better game. Ususally I'd be pretty good by now on the hardest setting. But I'm struggling on 3* and I love it!!! It's beyond what I thought we were gonna get, the gameplay is just first class. I love the way the crowd reacts aswell. :D Only a few things I've noticed which I suppose aren't really really bad points.

1 - the referee's seem a lot more lenient, I only got my first card afetr about 10 games when I releasied I hadn't had one lol. So I broke lampards legs :D

2 - FK's seem easier, I thought they were perfect in we8le. But some people felt the opposite.

3 - Corners and crosses are alos easier, again I thought they were perfect in we8le but some people would disagree with me. In we8le you had to use the radar and d-pad to decide where you wanted the ball to go. It seems to find the attacker easier now with both corners and crosses.

But all in all an amazing game, well done Konami cos you've surpassed my expectations :D

Also filthydani, I have the had the game ALL day, alot longer than you and I've played more than you and I totally disagree with your opinion. But your entitled to it, but don't try and force it on everyone else cos I've not heard anyone who's played it agree with you opinions. I'm sorry yor nation were not in the game, but I feel this has lef you witht a bitter taste for the game.

mattster12, you play in 3 stars? and you are struggling? omg. of course dribbling isnt a big deal for yoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Didnt see many injuries as well in we8le there were much more injuries,
I think they put more animations for the referees in like pointing where the freekick needs to be taken,
Amd the fairplay rules, much better

filthydani said:
mattster12, you play in 3 stars? and you are struggling? omg. of course dribbling is a big deal for yoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will be here all day? I read you saying that 20 times or more!. Come on... i didnt play it yet (tomorrow at morning i'll have it), and I understand that there is some pb about dr... but please, let the others say new things!.

Are u sad only about that or also because Egypt isnt any more on the game (i cant understand why...)?

filthydani said:
mattster12, you play in 3 stars? and you are struggling? omg. of course dribbling isnt a big deal for yoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck you man, I tried to be civilised with ya but you just have to be a cunt don't you.

FACT - NO ONE agrees with you and no one cares what you think!!

The dribbling is the same on any difficulty setting you moron :roll:

yo i was about to jump for a header and the frikin defender literally pushed me out of the way with his hand i i fell down. i ain neva seen that one comin SICK : )))

ignore his posts, he will get out of here hopefully with his attitude,

back to the topic, game seems great, please post some more impressions as you play and discover more things, as we all know, winning eleven takes ages to discover all the things so pls paste more things as you see.

yo there is a fuckin sick new anim for first time passing like a volley but with the side of the foot.

everytime they do it i jump up and down coz it looks so great :D

If you say sick again I'm going to gauge your eyes out with a blunt knife.

You know when players did that fighting thing sometimes before the ref usually gave a red card. Well now it happens after a tackle where there is no card give at all, great animations in this game. Lovely stuff :D

IS IT JUST ME or can you actually curl the shots with R2 now?

My R2 shot just curled BIG but i don't know what caused it.

curling shots = SICKILL

mattster12 said:
Fuck you man, I tried to be civilised with ya but you just have to be a cunt don't you.

FACT - NO ONE agrees with you and no one cares what you think!!

The dribbling is the same on any difficulty setting you moron :roll:

lmao, well, I'm personally in shock to discover that I'm in complete agreement with dani on whatever he's saying. I cant really tell what it is he's saying about the dribbling...but....yeah. lmao.

Its a good game I guess but I dont really feel in control of any of it. Mybe am abit to drunk, tired or whatever. Great nite isnt it.

jumbo said:
yo there is a fuckin sick new anim for first time passing like a volley but with the side of the foot.

everytime they do it i jump up and down coz it looks so great :D

damn! I can't wait to get my hands on this WE, only dayz away c'mon!
yo jumbo stop it.lol

I'm a go MAD! ^^

The slidetackling is wicked in WE9, you can do some crazy interception tackles now without getting called for a foul or booked, even in the penalty box! :D The keepers do mad saves and has much better response too, only seen one keeper error so far, which is pretty impressive for WE :D The ref pointing at the resp. teams' direction on freekicks and throw-ins is a nice touch!

To be fair I enjoyed the game up until I ran out of energy, which was kinda early. I liked the Ai better in this version, team mates makes smarter moves and so on. I was able to link up some really nice quick combos that I just hadnt seen in previous versions.

The physics as in collisions and simple ball deflections was a great improvement as well. A biggie. It makes a world of difference.

The animations however, some of them look great but I feel alot of them interfere with too much of the gameplay, of what you actually should control. I've always disliked LONG animations cuse you're not controlling it, it has a scripted feel to it, you may trigger it but you arnt in control during a longer animation. I had abit of a problem with triggering 1 sec long animations simple by moving into this or that direction, and making some moves automatic is a annoyance. I had plenty of animations, the look REALLY good but they arnt very practical. I've just recived the ball and I mean to move into this or that direction but the previous animation wont let me... its TOO long. stop it, letme play already :)

But yeah, it looks a decent game. Way to early to have a proper impression though.

Last edited:
I had my concerns about this game beforehand but my first impressions after 3hours play im quite impressed. It has a new feel to it and overall everything so far seems to be balanced out including dribbling.
Shooting is alot better now that rather than hitting the target 90% of the times there are alot of skyers. New shirt out feature, maybe not as important as other feautures just looks ace and alot more realistic.

Back
Top Bottom