Winning Eleven 9 : First Impressions - NO QUESTIONS HERE

After playing the game around 3 hours last night, and around the same today,i can only say this is defentivly the best we game so far i still have trouble scoring even on 3 stars ....but i play much better defence game now and its damn fun to play , lots of midfield battles and then som blistering counter attacks i love it and i will not go back to we8 le again :)

Another thing I must mention is the commentary. I was used to Trevor Brooking and the other guy Wattson or something. Now there are only japanese commentators but I like them more than the English ones. They actually do feel with you when attacking and stuff. They start talking faster and stuff. It makes you adrenaline flow :P The crowd chants are better and they don't sound like they are all hardcore smokers who cough when you hit the post, they actually go like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Is Filthydani banned already? :lmao:

played a couple of games and ive scored a few headers from crosses...this was nigh on impossible in we8le...so this is a step in the right direction in this department

jonno33 said:
played a couple of games and ive scored a few headers from crosses...this was nigh on impossible in we8le...so this is a step in the right direction in this department

Hmm, I scored headers from crosses all the time in PES4. Haven't played WE8LE much but I can't remember scoring from a cross so I guess it was more of a WE issue than a PES one. Anyway, I'll try to make some cross-goals too.

Another victory on 3 stars. 1-0 Juventus - Villarreal Scored from a cross... Actually Del Piero headed it at the keeper but it came back and then he struck the shot right at the keeper's head and it bounced in... :lol: Must have hurt... Anyway I did a distance shot with Camoranesi while holding R2 and it was just 2 inches of the left post but it was amazing to watch the keeper dive after it instead of the lame ball-looking the keepers did in previous PES's and WE's. Oh my God, I love this game!!!

Last edited:
i just learn to use the D-pad instead.

So analog users have to convert to d-pad just to enjoy this game?

Looks like filthydani is right. :|

i love the special goal celebrations! i scored with duff with R2 shot and i was one of the fans. some other fans were blocking the view, very realistic. scored another with drogba and we saw some fans waving the their scarves around like in the we8le intro.

Yep, it looks like the crowd celebration in FIFA 2k4. Although this one was from the back, only showing the darkened backs of the crowd.

donthomasso66 said:
After playing the game around 3 hours last night, and around the same today,i can only say this is defentivly the best we game so far i still have trouble scoring even on 3 stars ....but i play much better defence game now and its damn fun to play , lots of midfield battles and then som blistering counter attacks i love it and i will not go back to we8 le again :)

To me, scoring is way too easy! In a world cup event : France 5 - 0 Norway! Four long distance shots at max difficulty level! WE8LE was much more difficult, this installment has a FIFA flavour in it when it comes to hammering the goalie! Keep hammering, you'll surely score with 3 or four attempts!

The crowd celebrations are great. I find this game much harder than previous versions. Also the snow on the pitch looks great!

Just played my first game with the new translation and it at the end when it tells who was man of the match in the player rating. It gives you a little bit of an explanation as to why he got it :D Very nice touch Konami ;)

erichlebt said:
I cant really get your point, why would you want to have two sidebacks on the same side of the pitch???? A wingback just is a sideback participating in the offence more than a normal sideback.

If your such a pro your pretending to be you know that you can make sidemidfielders go back an defend.

If your that dissapointed, stop playing the game, go back to whichever WE you like.

Why would i want to have two sidebacks? i dont need 2 sidebacks, i need a position to defend the sides in the midfield

sidemidfielders arent supposed to defend the sides READ THE MANUAL!

If my opponent is playing with formation like 3-4-3 (2LMF/2WINGS), do you think one side back is enough to defend both of em? I DONT THINK SO

Last edited by a moderator:
has no mod banned this dick yet????? Im sick of the shitty picture and the sarcy comments.

Hes just looking for an argument. Its just not constructive.

Someone please give him a ban until all the frantic posting is finished.

use defensive midfielders on the sides then. By using the arrows you can easily make them keep to the flanks. A wing back is an attacking full back, not a defensive side midfielder, so a WB and a SB WOULD be two full backs. I'm sorry that you're too stubborn to see your mistake, but ultimately there's nothing more we can say to you as we have said it all. I think the most pertinent thing anyone has said to you is "go away".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you tell me more about the CPU and the AI?
What about its defensive game and offensive too?
Does he try to score or does he only defend and try to use few counter attacks?
I hope scores are not a succession of 0-0 or 1-0...
I don't want any 5-4 but I want a minimum of offensive game, for example I don't want to see Brazil playing a defensive game when then play against China...

what is it with you cowden? why do you care so much anyway? and who do you think you are to say ban him? are you going to tell mobs what to do? why do you bother so much? man i dont get this..

i didnt even call you names!

well you're wasting EVERYONE's time, hence other people are annoyed with you. I can't think of a team that plays with 2 sets of out and out defensive players on the flanks, why can't you just use either SMF and give them big defensive arrows, or CMF like they used to for Liverpool in WE7? Everything you need is there, you just have to use a bit of common sense.

my first impression is that are way to many fouls in a game. CPU defence is very strong, they just sit back with 9 people on there own half. Dribbling is different?? Just getting used to i think. Score a lot more from corners now. Still Don't score any Headers.

Shooting is hard, seems like you just need to tip the [], in we8le you could hold it longer.
Dont understand the R2 shot??

Have played 4 or 5 games now on 4 and 5 stars. To sum WE9 up in one word: AWESOME! This really feels like football. Played an incredible match Argentina vs Brazil now on 5 stars. Beat Brazil 3-1. The first one was a free kick hit by Riquelme, the two others were these two typical Crespo goals (scored by Crespo :P).

For the one's who hasn't got the game yet, you have something good to look forward to ;)

And BTW, I have a bit of lag when there's much action (like in previous PES/WE games), but it doesn't bother me much.

romagnoli said:
use defensive midfielders on the sides then. By using the arrows you can easily make them keep to the flanks. A wing back is an attacking full back, not a defensive side midfielder, so a WB and a SB WOULD be two full backs. I'm sorry that you're too stubborn to see your mistake, but ultimately there's nothing more we can say to you as we have said it all. I think the most pertinent thing anyone has said to you is "go away".

Sums it up perfectly, you don't play wing backs and Full backs, they are one of the same position but one is more attacking. In a 4-4-2 you dont have wing backs you have full backs and generally 2 wide midfielders. Wing backs are usually deployed in a 5-3-2 formation, with 3 CB's and 2 Wing backs, the wing backs job is to play as a full back and wide midfielder so it's like 2 positions in 1. I hope this clears it up for you dani, you don't play full backs and wing backs on the same team.

romagnoli said:

defensive midfielders (DMF) are supposed to be in the center, no where else

if WB isnt a defensive side midfielderwhy then why is it only used in the midfield? (i am talking about the game, forget about real life)

You can attack in the sides from LM AND WG!(IN THE SAME SIDE), but when it comes to defending, you can only defend with one player (WB/SB)... i dont know how hard it is to understand this...

if there is nothing you can say to me then why bothering with if from the first place? you could have ignored it? its not that hard really, if you dont like, you should go away

Just noticed a new feature where players are injured and the game continues. I was playing as Arsenal against Rangers and one of my players got injured in a tackle but the game carried on a a Rangers player kicked the ball out of play! A waring sign (!) appears in the top corner of the screen.

Hm I dont know why everyone says the pace is slow of WE9.. I find the player movements very fast and the pacew of the game is really quick in my eyes too.. Well maybe I should play more games, so far just played 2 games. But hey, work is important too :)

Cheers

I usually don't mind people being negative about WE, 'cos I'm not some daft fan boy who screams at people to go play Fifa when someone says something negative about the game. But Filthydani, please shut the hell up.

GFK said:
Hm I dont know why everyone says the pace is slow of WE9.. I find the player movements very fast and the pacew of the game is really quick in my eyes too.. Well maybe I should play more games, so far just played 2 games. But hey, work is important too :)

Cheers
I agree with you, the pace is good. The responsiveness of the players is better than in WE8LE (which in my eyes was too slow)

For the last time (and I'll use capitals just because it'll help a bit), NO TEAM USES FULLBACKS AND WING BACKS!

Seriously dani, use centre midfielders on the sides, or defensive midfielders. They WILL do the job you want, as would my other post about side midfielders told to sit back and defend more. What more do you want?

Stop being fussy, be more resourceful and stop wasting everyone's screen space.

filthydani said:
what is it with you cowden? why do you care so much anyway? and who do you think you are to say ban him? are you going to tell mobs what to do? why do you bother so much? man i dont get this..

i didnt even call you names!

you wind people up, your comment was noted about three hours ago. to persistently carry on your point and try and enforce it goes against everything a forum should be about, it should be about freedom of opinion, not dictated like what your trying to do.

You dont like dribbling, you dont like the wing backs - fair enough. but we heard it the first time.

I apologise for calling you names, but your argument became irrelevant hours ago. Listen to what other people say and dont argue with it.

filthydani said:
defensive midfielders (DMF) are supposed to be in the center, no where else

if WB isnt a defensive side midfielderwhy then why is it only used in the midfield? (i am talking about the game, forget about real life)

You can attack in the sides from LM AND WG!(IN THE SAME SIDE), but when it comes to defending, you can only defend with one player (WB/SB)... i dont know how hard it is to understand this...

if there is nothing you can say to me then why bothering with if from the first place? you could have ignored it? its not that hard really, if you dont like, you should go away

Just to clear some things up:

1. People tend to confuse wingbacks with offensive minded SB's.
2. Wingbacks usually play to help a 3 man defensive line (3 cb's)
3. Wingbacks play at the side of 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 3-6-1 formations; so they play on midfield (but are not midfielders).
4. Their roll is to "float" between the SMF & SB positions

About your problem. It's the same as trying to have both SMF's & WB's on midfield (2 WB's & 2 SMF's), or trying to play with 3 WG's, or trying to play with both a SW and a LIB (either one of your CB's is a Lib or a Sw, can't play with both)or trying to have 7/8 players in midfield . Kinda get the picture?

So you can't play with SB's & WB's but you can simulate it by giving backwards defensive arrows to your SMF's, dropping them very deep, etc.

Real life formation's, 3-4-3 for e.g., if they play 2 wings up front the men at the side on midfield are usually WB's or CMF's, rarely SMF's. I hope I've helped.

Back
Top Bottom