WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

For a smash shot I have Gerrard, Riise, Cisse and (an aging fast) Hamann for a lay-off shot, I just need a guy for good corners and curlers.

He's rated 20 in Champ-man (sorry Foot-man it is now, but the abbrieviation doesn't sound as good). So the first stats patch will set that right for you. Plus they always under-rate the Japanese players, I think they don't want to be accused of unfair balancing issues. Like with Inter.

Also in old versions of champ man, Everton players were always rated a bit high (Colliers bro's favourate team, by coincidence).

Well it has been said the maker of konami likes Inter, hence the ridiculous stats they have.

Dead Man said:
They made it unbalanced again! Its 2 hard and pretty useless but has worked sometimes for me.

Yeh they f*cked up the through balls :|

In WE8LE they were great, for once you could do proper over the top through balls and they improved the regular ones too, and now they have managed to completely undo it again and make them worse than they haven been in a long time.

There's other things they seem to have taken 3 steps backwards with compared to WE8LE too, such as the cpu team playstyles, instead of them all being different and realistic like in 8le, every team now plays the same, with 5-6 men in and around the box at all times :-/ Good thing i don't have to play the computer a lot, but its still annoying when i do because its just boring to play.

There's lots of nice improvements too imo and i like the game a lot, but how is it they managed to go backwards with a lot of stuff at the same time =/

BadAss84 said:
Yeh they f*cked up the through balls :|

In WE8LE they were great, for once you could do proper over the top through balls and they improved the regular ones too, and now they have managed to completely undo it again and make them worse than they haven been in a long time.

There's other things they seem to have taken 3 steps backwards with compared to WE8LE too, such as the cpu team playstyles, instead of them all being different and realistic like in 8le, every team now plays the same, with 5-6 men in and around the box at all times :-/ Good thing i don't have to play the computer a lot, but its still annoying when i do because its just boring to play.

There's lots of nice improvements too imo and i like the game a lot, but how is it they managed to go backwards with a lot of stuff at the same time =/
on the thru balls, you need to be a player with high passing stats... you will see a difference

What should i do to see the stamina bar in the screen while i´m playing? is that possible?
I looked for the translated menus in pdf, or something like this, (i cannot patch), but i wasn´t able to find it.
Thanks in advance.

PS. This forum is awesome (yes, i´m new), it is like a guide to WE players all over the world. You guys are great!

Can somebody explain the crossing to me in winning eleven 9 when i double tap as in pro evo 4 my crosses seem to float to the back post, the same as when i press the button once, any suggestions?

Chaps...

Does anybody else have any issues playing WE9 with a multitap??

I have a slimline PS2 and a slimline multitap which works 100% for WE8LE and other games like Mashed.

Now I know that the slimline PS2 had to have a different Multitap which is why I had to fork out again, despite paying £30 for an official one not long ago. Still, if it means 4 player WE, then I am happy.

HOWEVER, it doesnt. It means frustration that I cannot get it to accept the multi tap and cannot enjoy the game as I normally would. Very often I want to play 4 player, its pretty much all my friends and I play and to not be able to do it means we have gone back to WE8 for multiplay.

Its such a pain in the arse.

Anyone else have any issues with this? Anyone able to play 4 player??

bigfnstar3 said:
i had a funny feeling they would stack beckham a little bit more this year, but thats just crazy!!!! :nono:
His freekick ability has diminished to the point of disappearance.

P-dogg said:
Chaps...

Does anybody else have any issues playing WE9 with a multitap??

I have a slimline PS2 and a slimline multitap which works 100% for WE8LE and other games like Mashed.

Now I know that the slimline PS2 had to have a different Multitap which is why I had to fork out again, despite paying £30 for an official one not long ago. Still, if it means 4 player WE, then I am happy.

HOWEVER, it doesnt. It means frustration that I cannot get it to accept the multi tap and cannot enjoy the game as I normally would. Very often I want to play 4 player, its pretty much all my friends and I play and to not be able to do it means we have gone back to WE8 for multiplay.

Its such a pain in the arse.

Anyone else have any issues with this? Anyone able to play 4 player??

Yes, with a multitap.

There is not such thing as english commentary in Winning Eleven 9... Only Japanese bullshit and that sucks big time.. But you can turn off the commentary... :twisted:

To all:
bbaeh.gif

Sorry, I am bored today...

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
i havent seen any info about okocha in the game, can someone pleases post his face, stats? cheers

Hi,

In previous versions of the game,you can press R2 and see the different views of the stadium at the beginning of the match.But WE9 you can't do that,can you?
Or can you buy this option from WE shop?

Thanks...

Sulph

You said you play WE9 with a multitap, is your machine a slim PS2???

If so, whats the multi tap you use?!?

Thanks dude.

No not slim ps2, and not an original sony multitap, one i bought here in hk for like 60 bux. 60/13 to pounds.

cammeyboy said:
Can somebody explain the crossing to me in winning eleven 9 when i double tap as in pro evo 4 my crosses seem to float to the back post, the same as when i press the button once, any suggestions?

I have the same problem, tried every long pass type but they always play it to the second post.

Thanks for letting me know Sulph. Its really pissing me off.

Oh well, back to 2 player lol :D

Seen as this is the questions and answers thread. Ive got a question.
Sorry if its been asked before.

As the Master League hasn't really been changed or improved in WE9 does that mean it won't be in PES5 or will there be improvements?

Back
Top Bottom