WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

Considering people's remarks about the refs blowing their whistle too much, which some says ruin the gameplay, I have a couple of questions:

How many refs are in the game? Surely they all have different ways of judging the game, some being more prone to give yellow and red cards, and some more willing to let things go.

Maybe those who have experienced WE9 as a game torn apart by the refs have just been playing with a ref of that type? Like in PES 4 there must be an option (this time in Japanese) to choose your ref in the pre-game menus just as you chose ball type, stadium, etc., etc.

rocco79 said:
Considering people's remarks about the refs blowing their whistle too much, which some says ruin the gameplay, I have a couple of questions:

How many refs are in the game? Surely they all have different ways of judging the game, some being more prone to give yellow and red cards, and some more willing to let things go.

Maybe those who have experienced WE9 as a game torn apart by the refs have just been playing with a ref of that type? Like in PES 4 there must be an option (this time in Japanese) to choose your ref in the pre-game menus just as you chose ball type, stadium, etc., etc.

In PES4 you could'nt choose the ref, could you ?

I got a real question here.If you guys noticed,when you are about to take a freekick or a goal kick,do you guys noticed that the markers on the field map blinks? Can someone explain to me that function?

An about the ref thingy,I always use "Martin O'Brien" on WE8LE,he was great,very shy in giving out cards and fouls.He sucked though in WE9.

phrase said:
I got a real question here.If you guys noticed,when you are about to take a freekick or a goal kick,do you guys noticed that the markers on the field map blinks? Can someone explain to me that function?

An about the ref thingy,I always use "Martin O'Brien" on WE8LE,he was great,very shy in giving out cards and fouls.He sucked though in WE9.

Yeah..good question mate. I noticed this too, totally forgot about it until you mentioned it.

Can anyone enlighten us pls. Could it posibbly mean free player? Or calling for the ball. Hmmm needs some investigation this weekend.

Cheers.

No its the two colours of the radar flashing together because two players are in the same position, i think!

cammeyboy said:
Can somebody explain the crossing to me in winning eleven 9 when i double tap as in pro evo 4 my crosses seem to float to the back post, the same as when i press the button once, any suggestions?

Hope this helps:

---
Far Side Cross
When the player with the ball is deep in
the opponent’s half, press the Ω button
while aiming with the directional button to
send a pass to the far wing. When there
are two or more players in the direction of
the pass, the ball will be crossed to the
farthest player.
Short Cross
twice while aiming with the directional
button. When there are two or more
players in the direction of the pass, the
ball will be sent to the nearest player.
Cross along the Ground
three times while aiming with the
directional button.
High Ball
Press the R2 button while making a cross
to loft the ball high into the air.
Early Cross
Press the Ω button together with the L1
button and directional button to cross the
ball from any position, not just when in
the opponent’s half.
-------

Anyway I feel that the manual is just a rough guide. Shot strength may may play a big part too.

Cheers.

Yup that's a good manual Jiwa but you see problem is it doesn't act like that like Cammeyboy said. At least it doesn't sometimes.

I mean sometimes it seems there is no way to cross to your striker in NEAR post. Cuz even if you press double tap or circle it still goes to far post or center just at a LOWER trajectory than a single cross which gets much more air.

Hey guys been trying this in training for ages but can't get it to work. How do you do the stepovers on the spot. In PES4 I stopped the ball with R2 and then quickly double tapped R2 twice and the player would do stepovers without moving. When I do this in WE9 the player moves after the first stepover. Thanks.

Just scored with Hamman from about 35-40 yards. The goalkeepers seem to be too much on the the six yard line and the long shots seem to have a bit more power and the ball just rises above the goalkeepers.
I think it is great that we can now score long shots but maybe it has become a bit too easy.

Yeah some nice long shot goals are possible now Tony but I personally like that and don't think it's too easy. It depends on player and timing and many other stuff like GK positioning like you mentioned and to be honest it didn't happen nearly as much as it does in real life before and it was almost impossible to score nice POWERful shots from long way out before even if they scored on PES4 and previous versions they were those loopy shots that flew in over the GK's head because he was out too much not due to power but now with new special ability and overall tweak the game has gotten. We see some nice long-range powerful shots go in like in real life and to be honest I don't think its too easy.. i think its just about right but then again I haven't played that much and haven't scored more than 1 long-range goal yet either.

take care

PLF said:
Yup that's a good manual Jiwa but you see problem is it doesn't act like that like Cammeyboy said. At least it doesn't sometimes.

I mean sometimes it seems there is no way to cross to your striker in NEAR post. Cuz even if you press double tap or circle it still goes to far post or center just at a LOWER trajectory than a single cross which gets much more air.
Change long pass mode to Type 5 in button configuration and you can pass wherever you want. :)

PLF said:

Thats from the PES5 - beta manual. Anyway not been playing much this week, looking forward to a solid weekend on WE9. Try it out again then, also probably try it with type 5 controls.

;)

Hi this has prob been asked a million times before but, where is Robinho i think i may have found Santos on the B set of teams but can't see him. Has his name been spelt differently as usual, he does not seem to be in the Brazil listings for national team players as far as i can see either? Cheers

Last edited:
j4y3m said:
Change long pass mode to Type 5 in button configuration and you can pass wherever you want. :)
Thanks I'll try that next time I play heheh won't be soon :(
Anyways I hope with long passing type set to 5 it means I CAN get to ball to my striker at NEAR post whenever I want since this seems to be most common problem.

So will double tap in controller type 5 mean my near post striker gets it? :D

I FIND SOMETHING
WHNE YOU CHOOSE YOUR FORMATION

4-4-3

AND THEH YOU WILL SEE A-1 A-2..ETC..

PRESS RIGHT AND SEE THE NEW EDIT IN FORMATION

.dark man. said:
I FIND SOMETHING
WHNE YOU CHOOSE YOUR FORMATION

4-4-3

AND THEH YOU WILL SEE A-1 A-2..ETC..

PRESS RIGHT AND SEE THE NEW EDIT IN FORMATION

4-4-3 , what no Goalie?

I think I sense a slight mistake here ;-)

hi just a quick question is the replys longer so you can now see the bulid up play for a good goal thanks

PLF said:
Thanks I'll try that next time I play heheh won't be soon :(
Anyways I hope with long passing type set to 5 it means I CAN get to ball to my striker at NEAR post whenever I want since this seems to be most common problem.

So will double tap in controller type 5 mean my near post striker gets it? :D
No you'll have to hold the analog stick to the near post and put slighlty less power on the power bar, it's not perfect but okay.

albertz114ever said:
hi just a quick question is the replys longer so you can now see the bulid up play for a good goal thanks

I don't think they are longer, but you don't have as much time to click the pause button when it goes out of play as you had in WE8.

IN LAST SERIES FROM winning eleven in ml when i want to buy player there was star

now there is arrow

can any one tell me more about it?

.dark man. said:
IN LAST SERIES FROM winning eleven in ml when i want to buy player there was star

now there is arrow

can any one tell me more about it?

I think this tells you what type of development curve they have.

Back
Top Bottom