WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

Anyone worked out the extent of the duplicate players syndrome?

Usually, the German and Dutch internationals are duplicated, with the clubs teams containing the real faces.

Appologise if its already been asked but are striped kits availble in edit mode? If so could someone post a screenshot. Thanks. :)

Duplicate names are back and there seems to be alot more I think, be hard getting rid of every single duplicate though.

"Anyone tried "my stadium" option?"

Never seen that option anywhere really, dont even think it is in the game.

Hi all, hope ur having a good day! Haven't got WE9 yet it is being delivered. My question is, that I have seen a lot of complaints about the :l1: + :triangle: through ball, going straight to goalkeepers. Is this true even with the good players or is it because they are pressing it too hard? Has anyone managed to figure it out yet? Thanks. So looking forward to this game.

eagle_eye said:
Hi all, hope ur having a good day! Haven't got WE9 yet it is being delivered. My question is, that I have seen a lot of complaints about the :l1: + :triangle: through ball, going straight to goalkeepers. Is this true even with the good players or is it because they are pressing it too hard? Has anyone managed to figure it out yet? Thanks. So looking forward to this game.

They made it unbalanced again! Its 2 hard and pretty useless but has worked sometimes for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isslander said:
someone said there were 3 variations of the F 50 ball, is it this one?

http://www.sportdirekt.no/p/Adidas/F50_x-ite_ball_L.jpg

Not the prettiest ball out there...

Ha, that red and white one is a BEAUTY compared to the ugly-ass F50s in the game. There's the black and white one, which is OK but looks like a beach ball (or a yin and yang sign), the "silver" one which just looks grey and lumpy in game, and the yellow and black "X-ite" (sounds like a brand of condoms) which is like kicking a fat wasp around.

Luckily, the mdl file is big enough to import the Aerow mdl over, so you can have three Aerows instead.

The L1 + Triangle ball is only good if your doing it from your own half and you have a slight chance of getting on the end of it, but if your in the CPU half it will just fly for miles.

Dudes i got a question. How the f*** can i pass the ball with the player standing next to the ball to a other player during a freekick? In pes4 i could give some sneaky passes by holding L1 during a freekick. I want my sneaky passes back!! :D

Like this: http://www.pesgroningen.nl//files/pes4pcgoals/juninho.avi

I know how to perform this freekicks in we9 BUT i want to pass it to a other player. NOT to the player standing behind the ball to take the freekick.

Last edited:
Not had chance to fully look at WE9 edit system but you know how Czech, German and Dutch players usually have to be switched for there proper versions will i have to do this again as usual? Or when i transfer my option file from WE8: LE will it change them for me as i already did it in this? I'm sure i have to change them again, but just tryin to get a confirmation. Even though i can read Japanese kana it's still annoying having to do this. Cheers :D

kingpug said:
I aint got a clue what to do, I have tried going down the flanks and crossing it in with Jarosik upfront, no goals, I have tried going down the middle and smashing one with Lampard, keeper saves it or its inches wide, I mean for me it is really impossible to score.

Am I the only one that just cant score?..maybe if I didnt get thrown off the ball right in there box I could have better chances.

No, mate. Take time to re-learn the shooting mechanics. Also use the R2-shot if necessary. Need a very light tap. There's some scripting there, where maybe 50% of your shots will hit the post. Also not all of the shots are to the corners, some are mid-way. On certain angles, only using R2-shot works.

In my very first game (3*), I scored 2 goals in the 1st half. And I was like WTF?? Am I playing FIFA. A sure way to open up spae and score is to pass to your CF in the centre of the box, near the pen. spot. Control it and cut back, palce it in the corner. Sure goal 90% of the time. (due to the fact that CF's hold up the ball better now)

Although I'm scoring regularly, I'm not getting the same kind of satsfaction yet. Headers are going in more now, and volleys/half-volleys are a piece of cake. But i've yet to score a bullet header as per WE8LE. A few glancing ones, and some with the lame leaning/stretching animation.

Cheers.

hi,guys i got the game yesterday,im still getting used to it,the empty stadium whn using normal view,is kinda irratating,but i have a question,i went to edit mode to do man utd's home kit,and i i only can do 2 logo's?,,how the hell am i to put the nike logo,the vodafone one and the utd emblem,ive made thm but cant put thm in,,is it only a combo of 2?

dharshthash said:
hi,guys i got the game yesterday,im still getting used to it,the empty stadium whn using normal view,is kinda irratating,but i have a question,i went to edit mode to do man utd's home kit,and i i only can do 2 logo's?,,how the hell am i to put the nike logo,the vodafone one and the utd emblem,ive made thm but cant put thm in,,is it only a combo of 2?

Use the flag editor to do the Man Utd emblem and the logo editor to do the nike and vodafone.

Cheers for the reply jiwa. I use R2 and normal, but the problem is the CPU keeper gets to almost everything, the only goals I basicaly score are crackers because its the only way I can beat the keepers.

When I win a header after god knows how many tries it just goes straight at the keeper, even with a rebound, I am at the left post and the keeper is at the right on the ground, although I press left and square the ball just goes 100% straight at the keeper, bollocks really.

In PES4 I used to score goals with ease, aka pass back and shoot, but for WE9 I have to score crackers from outside the box, I just dont get it. Suppose I just have to practise more.

just wondering if anyone has noticed who the best free kicker in the game is? in the last one i had the best chances with juninho pe. wondering if he is still the best.

Beckham? 99 for FK Accuracy.
And curl i think.

Personally i like taking FKs with Gerrard, Carlos or Recoba

i bought the dutch freekick master Sneijder and after a season or to, he's great at freekicks for a bargain price :-)

He starts off at 22 with late 80's for FK and mid 90's for curl.

I hate taking a FK with Beckham, in PES4 everytime I took a FK with Henry it was always a very good attempt, in one day I had 3 FK's and scored them all with him. Sneijder is also very lethal, but it all depends what you wanna do, place it or just smash it.

i had a funny feeling they would stack beckham a little bit more this year, but thats just crazy!!!! :nono:

Back
Top Bottom