WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

he broken his nose just before WC2002 and wore the mask during all the competition... but became very famous cause of it

it was available in pes4 though... I really thought they kept it for we9/pes5, since konami seems to love useless things like sunglasses, caps, animal heads, and now necklace... exept that masks are damn cool \\:o/

Just played a few more games and I can see why some people hate it and some love it. Gone are the days where you just give it to your fasest player and press R1 beating players just on pace. Gone are the days where the through ball would create an attack every time.

This version plays like the real thing. Players in real life can beat a player and maybe two but they can't sprint from one end of the pitch taking everyone on and that is what Konami have changed. The computer will not just sit and watch you shoot he will slide and block your shots, mark you closer and better and you have to rely on good passing or a nice bit of skill to open the defence.

If you are football mad and want a tactical game that plays like the real thing this is for you. If you want a fast action end to end plenty of goals then I dont think this is for you. There are faults with the game such as the refs and at times the pases do not go where you want them to go but overall the animation is better, the game is no longer about who has the fastest players, computer has better AI and harder to get the ball off them oh and the shooting is 100% better.

sorry if this has been mentioned before in one of the previous 41 pages, but has anyone noticed that:

if you commit a foul and the game plays on, the ref will book you once the ball goes out of play.

and, if you get a small injury, the player remains on the floor (you carry on playing) until the ball goes out of play.

simply amazing!

Yeahh thats a very cool addition..

But then the referee booking you once the ball has gone out has been there since we8le...

The ref did book you when the ball went out on WE8LE, so that's not new.

But the injury and playing on is amazing! I'll describe what happened while I was playing the other day...

In fact, it was my first ever match!!! I was Man U, can't remember who I was playing, they were quite dirty tho, (probably Arsenal ;)). Anyway, 2nd half, I just brought Quinton Fortune on and he's on the left wing, but near the half way line and he passed the ball back, then got taken right out and was injured on the floor but the ref played on as I had the ball. So I carryed on, knocking it about, then they got the ball and it carryed on not going out of play. Eventually, I had the ball in my own half and the ref blew his whistle. Then the camera moved the where Fortune was lying and I then got a replay of him being taken out, then he was stretchered off. Then the ref did a drop ball where I was when he stopped play, the CPU team didn't contest the drop ball and the ref dropped it and I walked away with it. I think that was great, because I did have possession when play was stopped!

It was quality in game, so life like.

Sulph said:
Yeah they pretty much have all the famous player's celebrations..
What about Ronaldinho? In pes4 the samba dance was stupid cos it looked aggressive, like he was in a samba competition or something :lmao:

I've played about 10 matches now... impressions: I love it. And I love it because it feels like real life soccer.

Instead of making a new thread i thought put this question here..
Is thier a video someone has done thaty i can download of a hole match on we9 plz i want ta see the gameplay cheers

Just a few questions..

1. Has anyone saw new penalty animations from the goalkeeper.. like if a penalty goes to the top left corner but the keeper dives underneath can he perhaps put his hands up and still try and save it..?

2. How are the volley techniques.. any new ones, and are the vollies hard to do?

3. Has anybody tried to do a cheeky dinked penalty?

4. Could someone plz name all the adidas type boots plz.?

thanx in advance!

Well the vollies are better atleast for me, I think every volley in PES4 didnt leave the ground, I have done a few good ones in WE9.

Not hard, its all about timing and a bit of luck, for me I just press square and it does it :p

Orignally Posted by Sulph

You can do dinked penalties?!

No sorry i was just asking if anyone has tried them to see if you can do them.. i don't have a clue if it is possible, just asking if someone has tried it, and if they were successful or if they couldn't do it!

PLF said:
Hi this is nothing new though bro, it comes down to licensing issues and because of this they put duplicate of those teams/players.

Usually one is way more real than other.. one has correct face for example since the team is licensed while the fake Lee doesn't have real face.. and also they have to make stats and positions slightly different for licensing again to say they're not same.

Yeah, I thought it was a license matter.
What surprised me is the skill differences. I mean, Van Nistelrooy in the national team has different name and face, but the same skills he has in Manchester. The same for basically all other german and dutch players. Only for these oriental players there is skill difference. Also, while chinese and korean players have different face (like Lee, as you said, but also Park), japanese guys have the same face and name in club and national team, but different skills.

I suppose it's just a big license mess, it just feels strange.
:)

PLF said:
Anyways it doesn't matter no worries, what we do is over-write not needed players and duplicate players with players that need to be created to keep squads up to date so once you play an option file or patch like PLF data let's say.. there is no more duplicate players and only ONE Nakamura with real face/stats and role.

Great, thanks!
:applause:

PriceyNumber1 said:
No sorry i was just asking if anyone has tried them to see if you can do them.. i don't have a clue if it is possible, just asking if someone has tried it, and if they were successful or if they couldn't do it!

Oh right, yeah i got worried for sec there..

kingpug said:
Well the vollies are better atleast for me, I think every volley in PES4 didnt leave the ground, I have done a few good ones in WE9.

Not hard, its all about timing and a bit of luck, for me I just press square and it does it :p

Volleys are so much easier now (not good, IMO) and really feels too scripted at times.

Scored 2 with Ronaldinho in my first 7 games. (one directly off a corner).

ANyway, I'm sure some poeple out there would benefit as a result of this.

Cheers

Tashan said:
Off topic the slimline is much better

I'm using an older 'fat' PS2. Take a while to load as well, but not 2-4 mins. Usually bout 45-60 secs b4 the loading mem card screen appears.

Slimline has a better tuned laser, so it should read better. However, from what I've heard from local techs it that the slimline is not so durable as the earlier models.

To make it slim, they took out a lot of heatsinks, and as such its prone to overheating. This overheating can damage ur lens when played for extended periods. (recommend 5 hours max). May not be a problem if your from a colder climate, but here in SE Asia, many a slimline has had to have lens relaplcement after marathon sesssions.

Just some info.

Cheers

Are through balls still determined by the closeness of a team mate as in PES4???

Ive wanted to play a long TB to a forward setting off on a run well in front of me, only to see when I am pressing it down, a team mate over taking me from behind and as I let go of the button , the ball trickles a yard or two , to my team mate overlapping me and not the forward I wanted to hit ...

Headers (as in Pes4) As there is no power bar with the pass button, I find it at times impossible to header down to a team mate standing to the side of me a few yards away, the header usually go flying yards beyond the player I am trying to find! Yet the Cpu teams can head a ball down to one there team mates no matter how far or close they are .. Ive even seen 3 cpu players in a tri-angle round about me heading it between them ...

In WE9 can you now header the ball down to a team mate close to you ?

jiwa said:
Not really. Its more logical, Since :l1: + :square: is 2nd kicker shot, maybe its better if :l1: + :x: become a layoff then.

Do you see the relationship now.

Yes but i was so used to R3

greenmachine said:
Are through balls still determined by the closeness of a team mate as in PES4???

Ive wanted to play a long TB to a forward setting off on a run well in front of me, only to see when I am pressing it down, a team mate over taking me from behind and as I let go of the button , the ball trickles a yard or two , to my team mate overlapping me and not the forward I wanted to hit ...

I think that if you hold the /\ button longer, it goes to the guy further away...

I really need some help, how the feckin hell do you score?

I played 2 games today with Chelsea on a mere 3 stars, I ripped Ajax in two, hit the post and bar, it is like every shot I take goes inches wide, Drogba shoulda scored atleast 3 but didnt. It went to penalties were I won.

So I kept Chelsea and played Feyernoord, same as last game I ripped them to pieces as you would expect on 3 stars, yet just like last game every shot either hit the post, bar, went inches wide or the keeper pulled off a superb save. Yet again going to penalties were I lose 1-3.

I aint got a clue what to do, I have tried going down the flanks and crossing it in with Jarosik upfront, no goals, I have tried going down the middle and smashing one with Lampard, keeper saves it or its inches wide, I mean for me it is really impossible to score.

Am I the only one that just cant score?..maybe if I didnt get thrown off the ball right in there box I could have better chances.

Its much harder to score, and i play 6* you just have got to hold the ball outside the opponents box until you see an opening, thats what i do.

Back
Top Bottom