WE9 - Master League Thread

ARSENAL UNVEILS NEW SIGNINGS

During the offseason transfers in and out of the team was quite minimal... with the acquisition of a young cocu and benjani..

Benjani is quite old just turn 30yrs old.... but was quite impressive in the off season... so the manager is wondering if her would be a late bloomer so he was offered a contract for two years with one more year extension....

EVERYONE GO GRAB YOUR SEASON TICKETS FOR THE UPCOMING 2009 SEASON ON 5 STAR DIFFICULTY...

STAY TUNED.....

BK_83 said:
u must have diff on 3 stars and below? on way mutu will go west ham

4 stars mate.

Nah, i got the game pre ordered ages ago but i am only just getting into it after using the weamerica patch :D I will keep ya updated.

mathewss share your formation please :D !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lil update, sitting second the the Div 2 table with 1 match to go. Not doing very well, finding it hard to score goals.

Hammers scrape past Aston Villa to secure finals place in cup

Baros' 9th minute opener set the tone for the game as he smashed the ball home for 20 yards out leaving Abbiati hopeless. in the 42nd minute, Mutu was brought down 24 yards outside the goal, allowing Nihat to slot home his 3rd goal from free kicks. Pundits and critics labeled the match as the most boringest of the season, with both teams looking rather uncompetitive.
The draw lead to extra time, then penalties where Mintal scored the winning penalty after Abbiati made 2 heroic saves from the villa players.

Last match of the season : West Ham v Santos Preview

West ham, on a bad run of form but still sitting in 2nd position on the table are finding it hard to slot home goals even though they have made some considerable signings. Can they defeat Santos, who are sitting at the bottom of the table, only to have taken 4 points the whole season. Some battles to watch are Mintal V leo Lima and Repka V Giavanni.

Last edited:
Real Madrid

My Squad:

Goalkeepers:
1. Casillas
12. Peter Cech

Defenders:
3. Riise
4. Hienze
5. Rio Ferdinand
6. Nesta
16. R. Carvalho
19. Zambrotta

Mid-Fielders:
8. Steven Gerrard
10. Aimar
13. Ballack
15. Alexander Hleb
18. Scholes
20. Deco
22. Kaka
23. Beckham
25. Pirlo

Forwards:
7. Shevchenko
9. Recoba
11. Gilardino
14. Henry
17. Joaquin
21. Forlan
29. Anelka
30. Martins

Nassar said:
Real Madrid

My Squad:

Goalkeepers:
1. Casillas
12. Peter Cech

Defenders:
3. Riise
4. Hienze
5. Rio Ferdinand
6. Nesta
16. R. Carvalho
19. Zambrotta

Mid-Fielders:
8. Steven Gerrard
10. Aimar
13. Ballack
15. Alexander Hleb
18. Scholes
20. Deco
22. Kaka
23. Beckham
25. Pirlo

Forwards:
7. Shevchenko
9. Recoba
11. Gilardino
14. Henry
17. Joaquin
21. Forlan
29. Anelka
30. Martins

damn dude...... if u have all the star players in one team do u even enjoy the game playin wut other opponents.....
imho.... i think it is fun not buyin all the stars... or at least buy one or two of them..... so u can a good game.... wit serious title contenders in ur local league and champions league... but if thats wat makes u love the game then go for it

hahah... yeah i hate to have all the good players... i like it to be more realistic, with above average players and 1 or 2 star players.
i have a friend like Nassar too.. every master league team he plays, he buys all the best players...
the result of buying up all the good players will affect ur league too... the overall difficulty is lowered. theres no kick and fun anymore, like when ur star player is injured, u'll be like FUCK! how am i gonna servive for4 weeks without him? but in ur case, it will be, oh well.. time for micheal ballack's debut

Last edited:
Yeah because i want to play against good oppositions with star players so when i beat them then... i know am good or i had a great game...

i am think of using one of them small teams so i can play againts big teams like man utd, arsenal, liverpool, newcastle chelsea in the premiership.... a team like aston villa.... but i just dont have the balls to use any other team in the premiership if it is not arsenal yet... but i would give it a go sometime in the near future....

Yeah, i was surprised to score so many goals against Real Madrid.
It's funny though, I have never lost to Real in about 10 matches
as Betis. Only 1 draw I think, the biggest wins were 4:1 and 3:0.
But now 6:0, I guess the team was on fire and putting away all
the chances.

Here's my formation:
4-1-3-2

------------------Landreau------------------

--CarlosDiogo----Perea---Heitinga---Felipe--

-----------------Mascherano(DMF)-------------

--------------D'Alessandro(OMF)--------------
---Joaquin(RMF)--------------------Yeste(LMF)-

----------Cavenaghi(ST)-----Forlan(CF)-------

subs:
GK- Doblas
CB- Squillaci, Martinez, Juanito
SB- Ostlund, Castellini
DMF- Sissoko, Rochemback
OMF- Kallstrom, Fernando
RMF- Rosales, Ewerthon
LMF- Mitea
CF- Baros, Kuijt, Misimovic

My game is all about pass and move, with the occasional through ball.
The key is to vary the pace. Sometimes you slow it down, sometimes you have
to use quick passing. I also use the wings to stretch teams.

Last edited:
mmeny said:
Yeah because i want to play against good oppositions with star players so when i beat them then... i know am good or i had a great game...

i am think of using one of them small teams so i can play againts big teams like man utd, arsenal, liverpool, newcastle chelsea in the premiership.... a team like aston villa.... but i just dont have the balls to use any other team in the premiership if it is not arsenal yet... but i would give it a go sometime in the near future....

Me too, I don't like using the big star players.
But at the same time I don't like using unheard of players.
So I stick with the guys who are good players, but not superstars.
It makes it more satisfying to beat the big clubs.

Yeah, I can't imagine playing as any team other than Liverpool
if I had an ML in the Premiership.
I normally play as Liverpool in ML. But after watching Betis
play against Liverpool in the CL, I wanted to try Betis.
Plus it was my first ML in the Spanish league.

ARSENAL FC 2009 SEASON UPDATE (5 stars)

ARSENAL HUMILIATE MANCHESTER UNITED IN HIGHBURY.

Arsenal proved and showed they are the team to beat in the premiership with a superb attacking prowess against manchester united by thrashing them 4:1 in highbury to maintain its 100% record after just 7 games into the season.

Manchester united on this night had nothing to offer as they could only muster one shot on goal in the first half as arsenal dominanted the half and got the lead when lyungberg pounced on a rebound from henry's header on the fifth minute mark.

Lyungberg put in a superb performance in the right wing to show his manager that he still has what it takes to play at the top level and also an integral part of team as he goes into the last year left on his contract.....With a well taken freekick from 27 yards out by Henry meant arsenal where up by 2:0 before the half .

After the start of the break, arsenal where at it again firing all cylinders and as hleb combined well with fabregas to put henry through who lashed unto the ball to the right corner of the goal to give to increase the scoreline to 3:1 in the 65 minutes... Henry who has built a reputation of being at its best in big games through out his career to set up reyes to finally put the nail in the coffin in the 80 minutes to seal the victory for arsenal over their fellow title contenders.

However substitute wayne rooney grab a late consolation goal for the visitors on the 85 minutes and reyes should have made it 5 but fired wired from 12 yards.The game ended 4:1

Manager Mmeny spoke to the press after the game: We wanted to use this game to pass a message across to the team across the europe that highbury is not a place you would come in expecting to get a result.The fan were estastic tonight.This is not arrogrannce it is just confidence in our game at home with the fans solidly behind us we are always at our best at home. Henry, lyungberg and helb didnt make life any easy for them out there today. I couldnt believe after so much been said before the match about what they were going to do to us that they would be so clueless in the first half, like i said we love to do our talking on the pitch... and i believe we did a lot of talking to night on the pitch...

Last edited:
i would say dont ... even unlock them.... i usually dont unlock all those classic teams and players... dont kno if any one has any other idea... but i dont... cos they always come up in masters league

mmeny said:
i would say dont ... even unlock them.... i usually dont unlock all those classic teams and players... dont kno if any one has any other idea... but i dont... cos they always come up in masters league

Hmm, the thing is i play on WEmerica v5 patch with an option file that has everything unlocked. If there is no turning back, i better stop complaining about that :(

Last edited:
storeiconsapparelbetislogo.gif

FC Real Betis Balompie: 5*

La Liga Rd 13: Ten-man Betis thrash Barca
Betis 4:1 Barcelona

D'Alessandro, Cavenaghi, Forlan(2) -- Saviola
Real Betis came from behind to stun Barcelona inspite of
playing most of the game with 10 men.
Barca took the lead through Saviola's goal after a defensive
mistake. But Betis kept pounding the Barca goal, and equalised
through a fine long-range shot from D'Alessandro.
Perea got sent off when he brought down Ronaldinho who was clear.
Cavenaghi then scored for Betis with a fine solo run and chip.
In the 2nd half, Betis were forced to change their formation.
Forlan added two late goals as Barca poured forward and got hit
on the counter.

champlogo.gif

CL Matchday 3: Betis held by lucky Arsenal:
Arsenal 0:0 Real Betis

Betis were denied by Arsenal keeper Almunia and the post
to drop their first points of the CL. After a tight 1st half
with little chances, Betis totally dominated the 2nd half and
should have won this game. Arsenal broke at pace at times
but only had 1 shot on target, whereas Betis had 9 shots.
Betis next face Atletico away, who beat Real Madrid 2:1 tonight.

CL Matchday 4: Betis win at Atletico again
Atletico Madrid 0:1 Betis

Forlan
Betis are almost guaranteed a spot in the Q-Finals
after their second win in a week at Atletico Madrid.
Few days ago, Betis snatched a 2:1 win in injury time
at this very ground.
This time it was less dramatic as a 7th minute breakaway
goal by Forlan who chipped the keeper from 15 yards.
Real Madrid beat Arsenal 3:2 in the other game to keep
their hopes alive. In fact all the 3 teams have a chance
of joining Betis into the Q-Finals.

Copa-del-Rey: Marseille knock out 2nd string Betis
Betis fielded their entire reserve team for the home leg
against Marseille, having a 1:0 lead from the 1st leg.
Marseille won this game 2:1 and the tie on away goals.
This was Betis' first loss in any competition this season.

Last edited:

champlogo.gif

CL Matchday 5: Betis qualify with draw
Real Madrid 1:1 Betis

Raul's goal helped Real Madrid get a point against Betis
who had taken the lead through Cavenaghi.
Betis qualified as group winners.
Arsenal beat Atletico 2:1 to fight for 2nd spot with Real.

CL Matchday 6: Betis knock out Arsenal
Betis 2:0 Arsenal

Rosales, Yeste
Betis fielded a 2nd-string team, and comfortably won against
a surprisingly low-key Arsenal. The goal of the game was a
stunning half-volley by Yeste.
Real Madrid who drew with Atletico qualifies in 2nd place.

Betis get Roma in Quarter-finals
Inter v Real Madrid
Barcelona v Valencia
Betis v AS Roma
AC Milan v Bayern Munich

The quarter-finals features 4 spanish teams, with holders Inter
taking on Real Madrid.
Betis face familiar foes AS Roma.
Manager Mathejo reacted to the draw:
"At this stage, it's knockout football. So anything can happen.
Roma are a difficult team. Two seasons ago we lost to them 3:0,
which was our biggest defeat ever under my tenure.
But last season we beat them. So it's a 50-50 match.
We play at Home first, so the key will be to not concede a goal.
We will try to win, but keeping in mind not to over-commit."

Last edited:
ARSENAL DRAW AC MILAN IN GROUP STAGES FOR THE CHAMPS LEAGUE

The final group draws for the champions league was released yesterday.Arsenal were grouped alongside ac milan former champions league holders and currently ranked 5th in the "wefa club rankings", lyon and a familiar foe brescia... which they beat on thier way to successively retaining their title.

Manager Mmeny spoke to the press: i had a feeling that sooner or later we would get to play ac milan in the champions league....though i didnt expect meeting them now but i a had a feeling that this might be the year where we square off. Lyon is also a good side, as they won their league title two seasons ago...brescia which we are quite familiar is no push over either as they have made it to the champions league two seasons in a row.... so they are a quality side as well. We will go in there with a positive attitude and not try to under rate any of this opponents.... and hopefully we can transfer our current league form to the champions leagues.

Arsenal maintain their run of unbeaten games in the premiership this season to 10 games with a 2:0 against chelsea in stamford bridge.Their maintain top position with a 4 point cushion over 2nd place manchester united.

Last edited:
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATCH DAY 1
..............ARSENAL BATTER LYON IN HIGHBURY.........................

Arsenal's impressive and dominant permiership form rolled over into the champions league as they route lyon 5:0 in thier first leg match in highbury.Playing without keys members of the first team been rested...they still had enough firepower to win by such a large margin.With two quality strikes from mascherano and assisted benjani to ensure arsenal were up by 3:0 at the half...

Two second half goals from van persie and a curling freekick from young swedish lad.. larsson rapped up a convincing victory for arsenal on a night where lyon where simply outplayed. The streak was never in doubt as arsenal extend thier home unbeaten record to 12 in the champions league and have won their last 12 games in the champions league dating back from last season were they went unbeaten throughout every stage of the competition either home or away.....

Ac milan edge out brescia 1:0 through the help of shevchenko..

Mmeny spoke to the press conference: i couldnt have asked for a better performance.I asked them to be patient out there and enjoy themselves out there, i didnt think we will put 5 against them as they are a solid side but the key for us was been patient and converting our chances as they came. I am happy about the outcome of the match, because i choose to rest key players and give the squad players a chance to go... and they responded very well, which is good for the confidence of the team and shows that we are a balanced and quality side.....

Lyon's coach Gerrard Houllier spoke to the press: i thought we hung in there with them for the first 20 minutes of the game.We were first to lose balls won everything, but lost a little bit of concentrate in the midfield and we were punished.I told them it was vital we dont concede any goal in the first 30 minutes, but they (arsenal) are a top side in europe and once they get one on you, it is hard to stop them from coming at you because the team is full of winners. Overall i thought we played a good game but it is hard to prevent them from scoring over 90 minutes.We just didnt have any antidote once we conceded a goal..

Last edited:
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATCHDAY 2
............ARSENAL HELD IN TURIN
Arsenal has never been down at all season in any competition except a 1:0 loss to everton in the first leg encounter against everton.Found themselves trailing 8 minutes just after the start of the game with a solo effort by delvecchio.
In what would be described has a test of character, they bounced back from early set back with a powerful header by owusu abeyie in the 61st minute to tied the game and then took the lead 9 minutes later thanks to a defensive blunder by Mareco owusu abeyie had enough time to send a turn around volley to the right top roof of the net...

Brescia couldnt be denied on this night, where they pushed the european champions to the limit.... with a late equalizer by caracciolo as the time whined out.The fans went ecstatic.... arsenal went right at it again but time was not in their favor. Game ends 2:2....

Manager Mmeny spoke to the press: I think we should have won this game but credit goes to them as they fought back to tie the game.Having gone down in the first half, i thought it was a nice thing to see what this team is really made of, because it was a strange situation to be in, never been in that road, but the stuck in there and we got two test book goals from owusu abeyie. It is a good score line to take home.I knew coming to this place today, the game wasn't gonna be easy because we know each other very well from last term.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RESULTS
LYON 1:0 AC MILAN
PSV 0:2 CHELSEA
JUVENTUS 2:1 ATH MADRID
BARCELONA 4:1 MAN UTD
VALENCIA 1:1 REAL MADRID
ESPANYOL 0:2 AJAX
INTER 1:2 BAYERN MUNCHEN

Last edited:

La Liga: Betis win at Real and go 7 pts clear
Real Madrid 0:2 Betis

Cavenaghi, Kallstrom
Real Betis strengthened their grip on La Liga with a convincing
win at 2nd placed Madrid. Betis took the lead from a Yeste corner
when the ball was controlled by Cavenaghi who scored from 6 yards out.
In the 2nd half, Betis defended well and with 5 minutes to go,
broke out in a lightning counter-attack with Kallstrom scoring.
Betis are now 7 pts clear of Madrid, with 9 games to go.

champlogo.gif

CL Quarter-final 1st leg: Forlan hat-trick puts Betis in driving seat
Betis 3:0 AS Roma

Forlan (3)
Diego Forlan scored a superb hat-trick which included a wonderful
individual goal in a game where Betis are almost surely in the Semi-finals. After a 0:0 first-half, the 2nd half was more decisive, with Forlan hitting a first-time shot to score from Fernando's assist.
He doubled the lead few minutes later with a header from Ewerthon's corner. Roma came close to scoring, but in the dying minutes, on a counter-attack, Forlan picked up the ball
on the half-way line and beat 4 defenders with pace and power to score
a low-volley.
Manager Mathejo reacted to the win:
"What can I say, Diego showed Europe why he's one of the best.
That 3rd goal was a fantastic example of pace, skill and power.
This result almost ensures a Semi-final berth for us."

Q-Final 1st leg:
Inter 2:2 Real Madrid
Barcelona 0:0 Valencia
Betis 3:0 AS Roma
AC Milan 1:0 Bayern Munich

Last edited:

champlogo.gif

CL Quarter-final 2nd leg: Betis lead Spanish Armada into Semis

AS Roma 0:1 Betis (AGG 0:4)
Bayern 0:2 AC Milan (AGG 0:3)
Real Madrid 2:0 Inter (AGG 4:2)
Valencia 0:3 Barcelona (AGG 0:3)

Real Betis leads 3 Spanish teams into the Semi-finals of the 2008-09
UEFA champions league. Betis easily disposed of AS Roma 4:0 on aggregate
after a 1:0 win in Rome.
The shock of the round was when Real Madrid knocked out holders and
favourites Inter Milan.
Barcelona stunned Valencia 3:0, while AC Milan are the sole non-Spaniards
in the last-4.

Semi-Final Draw: Old foes re-united
Real Madrid v Barcelona
Real Betis v AC Milan

Manager Mathejo reacted to the draw:
"It's a tough draw. But this year we have showed a ruthless
streak, we've won 6 out of 8 games in the Champions league.
AC Milan will be very difficult and experienced.
They knocked us out last year, so my players will be fired up
and motivated. They don't need me to tell them that.
One Spanish team will be in the Final for sure. Let's try to
make it an all-Spanish final. We need to be careful not to
concede a goal at our home 1st leg."
Ancelotti reacted for AC Milan:
"Well we've got Betis again. It's a tough route to the Final.
But AC Milan is all about winning trophies. So we will be ready
to reach the Final once again."

Last edited:

champlogo.gif

CL Semi-final 1st leg: Betis take slender lead

Betis 2:1 AC Milan

Forlan(2) -- Jankulovski

Real Betis beat AC Milan by a slender margin in a thrilling
and tense match in Sevilla, Spain. The first-half almost
started disastrously for Betis, when Shevchenko had a header
just wide due to a calamitous error by the 'keeper.
Betis slowly started hitting Milan with pacy attacks.
Just before half-time, Forlan hit a low cross for Cavenaghi
who forced a point-blank save from Abbiati from 5 yards out.
But at the stroke of half-time, from a rapid attack when D'alessandro
won the ball in midfield and released Forlan who outpaced his marker
and blasted it in...1:0.
Into the 2nd half, Betis were dominating looking for the killer 2nd goal.
After a fine move, Cavenaghi was brought down by Nesta in the box.
Forlan hit the penalty straight at the keeper, but scored from the rebound.
It was now 2:0 to Betis and they looked favourites to add more.
But AC Milan suddenly came to life with some superb attacking football.
After some sustained pressure, Rui Costa's cross was headed in by
Czech star Jankulovski. It was game on now...and Betis were hanging
on by a thread. Somehow they survived to hold on.
Manager Mathejo spoke about the match:
"Well i think we deserved it, it was the correct result.
We did very well, our plan was to attack Milan with pace
since their defence is not very quick. It worked when we went
1:0 up, and then 2:0 up. After that AC Milan showed why they're
one of the best. We were just hoping they would not equalize.
So, we now have a slender lead. It will be a tough game in Milan,
hopefully we will score an away-goal to make it difficult for them."
AC Milan's Ancelotti had this to say
"We were surprised by Betis' quick attacking, and were stunned
to go 2:0 down. But then the team started playing well.
I think we have a great chance of reaching the Final. We only
need a 1:0 win, which is not beyond our reach. The away goal
could be crucial."

Semi-Final 1st leg: other result
Real Madrid 2:3 Barcelona

Last edited:

champlogo.gif

CL Semi-final 2nd leg:
Betis thrash AC Milan to reach Final

AC Milan 0:3 Betis (AGG 1:5)

-- Forlan, Ewerthon, Baros

Betis entered the Final of the Champions League for the first
time in their history after a surprisingly one-sided beating
of favorites AC Milan at the San Siro.
Betis who were guarding a slender 2:1 lead, had to be careful
against an AC Milan team who have made an art of the 1:0 win.
But Betis surprised Milan in the team selection by going for pace
on the wings with Ewerthon and Mitea and a very attacking line-up.
In the 9th minute, Ewerthon broke clear of the left-back and crossed
for Forlan to volley home the crucial away-goal. Milan huffed and puffed
but could not muster a shot on target. The 2nd-half was one-sided,
as Betis hit the post twice, before Ewerthon volleyed from a tight angle
to ensure the result. Baros added a 3rd near the end, but long before
that, AC Milan players were deflated.

Manager Mathejo was jubilant when he spoke:
"What a performance!! I'm so proud of my team. We had a game plan
and stuck to it, the 2nd half show was amazing. We could have won
this game 5:0. We never allowed AC Milan many chances, and our
pace down the wings was always giving them a tough time.
This result has surely put away the disappointment of last season."
AC Milan's Ancelotti' response:
"I think we have to admit that Betis totally outclasse us tonight.
We had no answer to their pace and trickery. They have some fantastic
players who play as a team. Our defence was cruelly exposed for the lack
of pace. Maybe it's the end of an era for many of our players.
I'm very disappointed, but good luck to Betis. They will win it."

Semi-Final 2nd leg: other result
Barcelona 2:1 R.Madrid (AGG 5:3)

s1_champions1_207.jpg
champs_league_trophy.JPG

UEFA Champions League Final 2008 Preview:
Real Betis vs FC Barcelona

Manager Mathejo spoke to the press-conference
"This is the biggest match of the club's history. The players
know that, and are prepared to give their best efforts.
We don't have any injury worries. I have a selection headache,
because some of the squad players did very well against AC Milan.
We will play our natural game of passing and quick attacks.
We're here because we beat the best teams in Europe, so we have
nothing to prove. If we win this Cup, it will be a dream come true.
Barcelona are familiar to us, it's true we've had the better form
against them, but it's a One-Off final, where anything can happen.
They have many dangerous players. But so do we."

Frank Rijkaard spoke to the media
190704_rijkaard_gran.jpg

"We're enjoying our run to the Final. The team have beaten Real Madrid,
Bayern, Chelsea, Valencia. So we have no pressure. Sure, Betis are
a fantastic team with lot of threat, but we're confident that Barca
can end our long wait for the European Cup.
Ronnie has a slight injury worry, but we're waiting till the last minute.
It's great to have two Spanish teams in the Final.
I think some of our players have more experience than Betis.
So hopefully we will be more composed. We know what we have to do.
We will play to win, and make sure that we're not caught out."

All-Spanish final signals revival of La Liga
guillem_balague.jpg

"It's a fascinating final, because these are two teams who attack with a lot
of pace and skill. Barcelona is a team that has promised a lot, but failed
to deliver in many years in Europe.
Their coach Rijkaard is very intelligent and knows how to bring out the best
in his players. They won La Liga 3 times under his charge.
With Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco they have some of the
best in the world, and maybe this is the year the European Cup returns to
Catalonia.

But they are facing a Real-Betis team, who were on the fringes of European football
few years ago. Their new manager Mathejo turned this club into a Spanish powerhouse.
He won the UEFA cup two seasons ago with a limited team.
They look like they will win La Liga back-back, which is phenomenal. Of course, they
still have to visit Barcelona next week in La Liga, and that could be the decisive
game. But if you look at the team, they don't have many superstars. Diego Forlan
has become one of the hottest strikers in Europe. This season there have been
other successes like Cavenaghi, Mascherano, Perea, Diogo, Yeste. But none of
these players are world-class. It would be a fairytale if they can win it.

This season proves that Spanish teams have put La Liga back to the top of Europe.
Serie A has been dominating the last 5 years of Champions League football with
the Milanese clubs winning the last 3 titles.
So as a Spaniard, I am glad to see an all-Spanish final.
These two teams know each other inside out. My bet is a very close game,
maybe requiring Extra-time or penalties.
Whoever wins it, the final winner is Spanish football."

Last edited:
my team:

GK - Carini, Lewis

Defenders - Kompany, Jean, Schmidt, S. Bilong, Burdisso, Maldini(reborn), Heitinga, Orlandi, Kim Myonu, De Jong

DMF/OMF - Cambiasso, Bos

OMF - Cesc Fabregas, Cardarson, Shaw, Kallstrom, Park, Shimizu(amazing!)

Forwards - Robinho, Mitea, Baumjohann, Bojinov, Martins, C Y Park, Caracciolo, Schwarz(reborn?)

most of them are well known, but a couple are worth a second look. the average age is about 21. Shimizu, Kim Myonu, and CY Park are all great eastern imports. Jean is a WALL!

s1_champions1_207.jpg
champs_league_trophy.JPG

Real Betis lift Champions league in style!!

Real Betis 3:1 FC Barcelona
Forlan 3' --- Saviola 41'
Cavenaghi 7', 33'

Real Betis won the 2008-09 UEFA Champions league to be crowned
kings of Europe for the first time in their history.
They swept aside marginal favourites Barcelona 3:1 in an exciting
final here at Lisbon.
Ronaldinho's last minute exclusion due to injury seemed to inspire
Betis to a very quick start to the game. After just 3 minutes,
Felipe won the ball from Giuly in the Betis half and passed it
to D'Alessandro who released Forlan clear on goal. The Uruguayan
lifted the ball over Valdes to make it 1:0.
This set the tone for Barcelona to come out even more.
Betis capitalized on another mistake, when Mascherano robbed Xavi
of possession on the edge of his own box, before passing to Cavenaghi
who made it 2:0 on 7 minutes. Barcelona were stunned and so were the
rest of Europe. After 33 minutes, Betis again broke on a fast counter
with Forlan racing clear, he squared to an unmarked Cavenaghi to make
it 3:0. It seemed like a thrashing was on the cards. Betis had 3 goals
from 3 shots. Barcelona responded quickly, with Saviola scoring from
Van Bommel's assist in 41' minutes. Messi had a good chance to add
another before half-time.
In the 2nd half, Betis continued to pose danger, while Barcelona
resorted to long-range shots. Cavenaghi missed an open header and
his chance for the hat-trick. In the end Barcelona ran out of ideas
without their inspirational Ronaldinho.
Betis won the Cup, and the players and fans enjoyed a raucus celebration
when captain Mascherano lifted the trophy.
Diego Forlan was named man-of-the-match and MVP of the Champions league.

Manager Mathejo spoke to the press-conference
"I'm lost for words....my team performed magnificently and
won this game with style. I'm so proud to lead this club
to glory. It was a dream, but now thank God for fulfilling it.
Every single player did well, Forlan deserves his award.
Cavenaghi showed his great form this season.
The fans deserve it, because they're one of the most passionate
and noisy in Spain."

Frank Rijkaard spoke to the media
"Ronnie's injury was a big blow. The way they started was a surprise
to us. To be 2 down in 7 minutes was too hard to take. When the 3rd
goal went in, we were getting desperate. We pulled one back, but
Betis could have scored more. Congratulations to them, we could
not handle their counter-attacks. They deserve the credit.
It was a good final for the neutral."

todosbetis050612_300.jpg

laliga2.gif

Betis retain La Liga title !!!
Real Betis ended a Dream week, by adding the La Liga title
to their Champions league win. They beat Barcelona once more,
this time 3:2 at the Nou camp. Cavenaghi scored two goals again
to ensure that the title is retained by Betis.

Manager Mathejo's reaction
"Now we can party all night, the players and their wives,
fans, the staff...congratulations to Real Betis FC.
It's very difficult to retain the title. But this team
is extraordinary. To win the CL and La Liga in the same
season is fantastic."

Manager Mathejo could leave Betis on a high
"I think this will be my last season here. I will
miss this club. But all good things must come to an end.
I will take a few months break with my family.
After that I will look at all my offers to see which
club I will go to."

Manager Mathejo could leave Betis on a high
"I think this will be my last season here. I will
miss this club. But all good things must come to an end.
I will take a few months break with my family.
After that I will look at all my offers to see which
club I will go to."[/QUOTE]

I have a year left on my contract with Arsenal fc...and the big wigs in europe such as inter milan , juventus, as roma, real madrid, barcelona,and bayern munchen have been monitoring the situation and have made thier intentions known that they would love to have me in one of this clubs and as well as the highest paid coach in the game.

When i first took this job i promised i would take them to the top and make them one of the elite teams in europe. I had set a personal goal of been the first coach in europe to have a treble season ... by winning the champions league, fa cup, and league title as well as going the whole season unbeaten while attaining the treble...
i think by then, i would have outstayed my welcome in arsenal and moved on to other challenges.... i love challenges and i live for challenges so definitely.... my likely destination would either be the la liga or serie a..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom