WE9 - Master League Thread

I have a question I would like to ask, however I'm afraid an answer to it might be lying around somewhere. Nonetheless, here it is:

After I've started ML, I know that when I edit the players' consistency etc. the changes do not show up in ML.

However, I'm wondering if the changes show up when the player I've edited is regenerated?

Thanks!

10 minutes too.. for the start u can buy Bumjohann, Cavenaghi, or Schwarz for the striker, Kompany and Fabregas is a good young guns too.

Btw, i change my team kit (Lyon) that use we9 template w/ ggs (wide back we9 model), in friendly games it looks great, but when i play ML the kits is messed up.. I think this is a strip problem, how to fix it ? thx

ricola_pak said:
I have a question I would like to ask, however I'm afraid an answer to it might be lying around somewhere. Nonetheless, here it is:

After I've started ML, I know that when I edit the players' consistency etc. the changes do not show up in ML.

However, I'm wondering if the changes show up when the player I've edited is regenerated?

Thanks!

OK just in case anyone else wanted to know this, the regenerated players still have the same stats after I edited them while they were retired.

So if you want to edit your players' stats, do it before you start your Master League.

2nd season as Liverpool on 10min 6star
GK:Carson
DF:Perea
DF:Carragher
DF:Sissoko
DF:Taore
MF:Gerrard
MF:Shaun Wright- Phillps
MF:Xavi Alsono
MF:Riise
FW:D.Cisse
FW:Baros
SUBS
Adu
Luis Garcia
Hyypia
Raven
Foy
Kewell
Riena
Zenden and others
so far i have on D1 cup in the WEFA championships and won all my games in 2nd season after a crapy 65%win rate in First Season

3rd Season, 5 stars

GK:Fabian Carini
DF:Ferdinand
DF:Kaabi
DF:Kronkamp(C)
DF:King
MF:Kallstrom
MF:Simao
MF:Wright Phillips
MF:Bolmik
CF:Ewerthon
ST:Baumjohann

Subs:
GK:Tizie
DF:Valeny
MF:Iouga
MF:Obodo
MF:Mascherano
MF: De la Pena
MF:Nasri
CF:Smith
WG:Joaquin
GK:Ivanov

btw, is there a way to play with 6 stars? cause the limit in my ML is 5 stars, although I already unlocked 6 stars :/
thx in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
4th Season 6*
Everton FC

Formation 4-3-3

GK Boruc
DF Ferrari
DF Bonhoff
DF Boularouz
DF Givet
RMF Bresciano
CMF Yeste
LMF Mitea
LCF Ivanschitz
CF Kamburov
RCF Sneijder

Subs :
GK Wright
DF Ferrari
DF Yobo
DF Kroldrup
MF Ono
MF Donnet
MF Simon Davies
CF Carlos Tevez
CF Kuyt
CF Vaughan

Stars of my team will be Andreas Ivanschitz and Martin Kamburov. Two young gems I dug out.

Last edited by a moderator:
fd1972uk said:
Got back to this again.

Doing well, sitting at the top of the league with a few points to spare.

Next game is the 1st game of the WEFA Championship against Fiorentina, also in the group are Barca and Arsenal. Looking forward to facing off against some new teams and quality ones at that.

Also fought out a 1-1 against Fenerbahce in the D1 Cup.

FD

Jeez, didn't know I hadn't played it since the middle of October. Got back into a few games, going well in the CL, beating Fiorentina and Arsenal but drawing with Barca. Beat Fenerbache 5-0 in the return leg of the cup (I was away).
Just sitting a point or two behind Ajax at the top of the league.

Getting terrible injuries up front, Roberto, Dos Santos and Blanco all injured. Brought in Harji who I usually play in an attacking midfield role up front and he bagged a hat-trick in a 6-0 league win against PSV if my memory serves me right.

FD

Team: AS Roma.
Season 3 (15th fxture)
Honours: none
Current Position: 2nd
Current Goal Scorer: Ronaldinho (21)
Current Assist: D`Agostino (9)

Squad

GK
Pelizzoli
Wolf(Ger)

DF
Chivu
Cufre
Zebina
Ferrari
Kuffour
Mexes
Wome

MF
Mancini
Azouagh(Ger)
Ghioane
Perrota
De Rossi
Assuncao
D`Agostino
Cano(Spn)
Taddei
Battaglia
Totti(CAP) "Gladiatore"

CF
Montella
Cassano A.
Carew
Nonda
Mido
Delvecchio

Master League Rocks ! ^^

thanks. does this help to develop young/reborn players? cause they tend to suck in the beginning.

5th season...ARSENAL

GK Lewis
CB N. Hunt
CB Dawson
SB Ifill
SB R. Wallace
DM A. Smith (God)
CM J. Morrison
OH McGeady
SH Routledge
WG B. Wright-Phillips
FC Ashton

Näj said:
3rd Season, 5 stars

GK:Fabian Carini
DF:Ferdinand
DF:Kaabi
DF:Kronkamp(C)
DF:King
MF:Kallstrom
MF:Simao
MF:Wright Phillips
MF:Bolmik
CF:Ewerthon
ST:Baumjohann

Subs:
GK:Tizie
DF:Valeny
MF:Iouga
MF:Obodo
MF:Mascherano
MF: De la Pena
MF:Nasri
CF:Smith
WG:Joaquin
GK:Ivanov

btw, is there a way to play with 6 stars? cause the limit in my ML is 5 stars, although I already unlocked 6 stars :/
thx in advance

you would have to start all over again... to be able to play on 6stars... there is no way u can play on 6 stars ... if u just unlocked it after you started a masters league

Managed to bring in a few players, Karimi, Kallstrom, P.Kovacs and D'Avensis during the transfer window.

Sitting 6 points clear of Ajax at the top of the league, have got a 1-0 1st leg win in the D1 Cup against Galatasary (who are in 3rd 7-8 pts behind me). Also am into the semi-final of the WEFA after overcoming Juventus 5-3 on aggregrate.

Plan to chop a host of players from the squad.

FD

suen said:
has anyone tried Shimizu (japan)? he's a freaking monster!

Indeed, but I find him too light weight (low body balance and small) and he peaks way too early for my liking.

What's the max number of goals (in all competitions) you guys' players have? My Eusebio has scored a total of 340 goals so far, he's 31, has played for him for about 7 seasons now.

Did a Bayer Leverkusen. :(

Won the D1 Cup. Overcame Real Madrid 5-0 in aggregrate to put me in the WEFA final with Barca. In the 3rd last game of the season slipped up against Galatasary losing a late equaliser and Ajax went 2 points clear (I was winning on goal agg). In the WEFA Final lost 1-0 to a Xavi header (jeez, smallest guy on the field). With mins left I was through on goal, my striker laid it off to big Kovacs with an open goal and he blasted wildly over the bar. Then in the league into the final game both my team and Ajax where winning. In the last game Ajax had a tricky home game against Dyn. Kiev and I faced off against PSV.

Found myself coasting at half-time 2-0. Half-time score showed Kiev up 1-0 on Ajax \\:o/ . 2nd half and I lost a quick goal, then as the game moved on I showed nerves, Karimi gave away a fk outside the box, up stepped Farfan and he put it in the top right corner with about 15mins left or so. I was losing the league. Then with a couple of mins to go gave another foul away, up stepped Farfan and another top corner job. I had blown the league. Ajax had been defeated too. What a disaster.

Have cut about 7 or 8 players from my team.

Started this season off well, undefeated in 9 games (2 draws). 4 pts clear of Ajax.

FD

p.s. Also noticed for the 1st time that at the player ratings page there is some brief description on the player which was good.

Last night I decided to take the plunge and start a Master League as I aint done one in a while and was bored with doing all the cup tournaments.

I plumped for Atletico Madrid as I fancied a challenge and I think I have one.

Its not going too bad after 4 games with me drawing the first 2 0-0 and winning the 3rd and 4th matches by a goal to nil. Not really gone into the transfer options yet but I am sure as the season rolls on I will need to as my squad aint the biggest by any means.

I am sure I will be posting semi-regularly in this thread til I get bored and move onto summat else

I also started a Master League last night! I am Manchester City, in the Premiership and I've played 4 games so far:

Everton 1-0 Man City
Man City 2-0 West Brom
Man Utd 0-1 Man City
Man City 0-2 Birmingham

Not the best start against Everton, I never really got going and was still finding my feet (still am really), with City.

The WBA game was much better and I slightly changed my 4-4-2 formation before the kick off and I found that my strikers had a lot of room to play in and space to run into.

The Man Utd game was superb :mryellow:. I'd say they were on top for most of the game, with me just having the odd chance, then in the 88th minute, I had a break and Bradley Wright Phillips, chested the ball down in his own half, then played a superb long through ball that set Vassell clear and he stroked it past van der Sar and into the far corner :).

Then the Birmingham game, I don't know really, again, just didn't get going and I was punished for a couple of defensive errors.

I remain positive though, and think I can achieve things with Man City :)

Just played another 4 matches:

Middlesborough 0-1 Manchester City
.............................................Vassell 9'

Manchester City 2-1 Newcastle United
Vassell 16', 48'.........................Parker 79'

Aston Villa 1-0 Manchester City
Angel 12'.......................Cole inj 7'

Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Manchester City
......................................Reyna sent off 41'
..................................................Fowler 86'

Some good matches there, the last one against Spurs in particular! Reyna got two yellow cards in 6 minutes for 2 late tackles. I switched to 4-4-1 with Fowler up front, then with 25 mins left I brought on Vassell at RMF. He caused a few problems but it was Fowler who got clear and cooly finished.

Andrew Cole's injury was only for 1 week and he is now back.

I really need the transfer window to come sooner rather than later. Players are getting very tired, and I don't have any decent cover for them, defence especially is low on players. I think I will look to bring in a CB and a CF in the transfer window. But that's still quite a way off.

I'm up to 4th in the Premiership now, behind Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd. Chelsea have P8 W8!

My next 4 games are Bolton, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal!

We'll see about them later!

Last edited:
Played another 4 games! :lol: I don't set out to play 4 games, I just play til I stop. Anyway:

Manchester City 3-1 Bolton Wanderers
Ben Haim OG 20'...................Gardener 18'
B.W-Phillips 24'
Dlaryea 62'

FA Cup 1st Round, 1st Leg:
Newcastle United 2-0 Manchester City

N'Zogbia 39'
Luque 45+1'

Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea
Vassell 11'................Crespo 15'

Liverpool 1-0 Manchester City
Partridge 39'

Some more good games. In the first game against Bolton, I went a goal down, then came back to win 3-1 which was great. The second goal, Andrew Cole got away with an outrageous handball in the build up! I've saved the goal and will record it and post it on here! I still can't believe the handball :lol:.

The FA Cup match was just poor really, players were tired and I played a few of the youngsters.

The Chelsea match was actually quite even. They equalised straight after Vassell put me in the lead but from there it was a fair game. Dlaryea had a great chance to win it in the 87th minute but shot wide from close range.

And the Liverpool game I had a few odd chances, but I have to say Liverpool dominated and deserved the victory.

I'm still 4th in the Premiership, 5 points behind Man Utd, 8 points behind Arsenal and 11 points behind Chelsea! So far I am the only team to have taken any points from Chelsea!

It's going well and I can't wait to play the next batch of games :) I am in desperate need of squad reinforcements. Transfer window roll on...

Sounds like it aint going too bad mate. You are in the same boat as me regarding your squad too, players need to be brought in to prevent a total burnout

Played 4 more games:

Manchester City 1-0 Arsenal
Ash. Cole OG 6'

FA Cup 1st Round, 2nd Leg:
Manchester City 2-1 Newcastle United (2-3 agg)

Fowler 58', 63'..........................Solano 73'
Fowler inj 90

BWP injured after

Blackburn Rovers 1-0 Manchester City
Jansen 62'...............................Cole inj 73'

Sun JH injured after

Manchester City 2-0 Charlton Athletic
Sibierski 62' (P), 65' (P)
Fowler inj 62'
Vassell inj 65'

Another mixed bag! Pleased with the wins and slightly unhappy with the league defeat, the FA Cup I'm not bothered about as it's just more games to play.

I can't believe the amount of little niggly injuries I'm getting?! Just reinforcing the point I need more players!!! Crazy...

Still 4th in the Premiership, Chelsea now 9 points clear of Man Utd. Oh yeah, when I drew 1-1 with Chelsea I clattered Drogba and injured him - out for 8 weeks hehe. Clement for West Brom is out for 25 weeks!!! I wonder what happened there.

Right, that was just a quick update as I am now off out!

Happy New Year to everyone here :-)

Time for an update on how my ML is going

Week 5 sees me take on Deportivo at their place
Team News - Molinero on a blue, everyone else green or better

Kick Off
Ibagaza gets taken off on a stretcher after 18 minutes, not great
Iba comes back on 21' though carrying a knock
Torres stretchered off 33'
Back on but again another man carrying a minor injury
0-0 HT

2nd Half
Changed the top 2 as they are both knacked. Torres and Ibagaza off, Braulio and Arizmendi on
0-1. A penalty for me gets calmly placed by Arizmendi after the same lad gets shoved over in the area. Goal scored on 56'
Valeron goes off on a stretcher on 85'
He doesnt make it back on by the time the final whistle goes
FT 0-1
MOTM was my man Zahinos
After losing both of my main goal threats I am happy with that, now to see how long they are out for

Ibagaza out for 1 week and Torres out for 2, I go into the Barca game struggling before a ball is even kicked

Week 6 - Atletico Vs Barca
Team News - 3 players on blues but that aint my major concern. Ibagaza and Torres replaced by Rodriguez and Arizmendi respectively

Kick Off
Colsa booked for what I thought was a fair hack on 32'
Kezman booked 37'
Puyol limps off in Injury Time, that may give me half a chance if I can create something with my makeshift strikeforce
0-0 HT

2nd Half
Perea gets booked for taking out Larsson good and proper, 56'
Colsa sees another yellow card and then a red, 64'
Giuly booked, 80'
Molinero booked, 90+2
0--0 FT. I believe that is what you call a battling draw, Barca never had a shot on target
Beletti gets MOTM for Barca

Week 7 - Away to Athletic Bilbao
Team News - Iba is back but Torres has another week out injured, Keeper on a blue so changed. Colsa out suspended, Calvo replaces him

Kick Off
1-0 Bilbao score on the half hour
1-0 HT, poor half for me.

2nd Half
Calvo booked for a slightly late challenge, 50'
1-0 FT. A crap game with neither side deserving to win, makes it even worse in a way
Bordas gets MOTM for them

And a quick table update before I turn it off for the night, I am 5th with 12 points. Real Madrid are leading with 18 followed closely by Barca with 16. I aint that far behind really

What's the most goals your players have scored in all competitions overall?

My beloved Eusebio has scored now a total of 472 goals in about 10 seasons, and he's still playing well!

Crap I always get too many players. I always have 32 players because I keep getting tempted to get the classic 17 year old youngsters like Pele and Garrincha etc. They have to all come out at once!

Fulham 0-0 Manchester City

Transfer Window, Week 1 - Tried to loan Diego from Porto and buy Schut, a Dutch CB, but both broke down.

Week 2 - Hleb was unhappy at Arsenal so I offered Arsenal 2,000 plus Kiki Musampa for Hleb and they accepted and it all went through, I now have Hleb :-)

Week 3 - Tried to loan Rosicky and Sabri (a DMF from Galatasary), but no luck.

Week 4 - Yes! Some success. Got Behrami, 20 year old DMF, and Piccolo, 21 year old CB, both from Lazio costing a total 8,522. I'm now in 7,000 debt, but hopefully I'll get that back before the end of the season, if not I'll have to sell some players to raise the cash.

Manchester City 1-0 Everton
Sibierski 90'
Fowler inj 86'

West Brom 0-1 Manchester City
....................................Vassell 56'

Manchester City 1-1 Manchester United
Sibierski 86'.............................Solskjaer 6'

Birmingham City 0-2 Manchester City
Izzet inj 71'.........................Cole 12', 69'

Manchester City 1-0 Middlesbrough
Sinclair 32'
Cole missed pen 43'

Pretty self explanitory there, plus it's 4:42am so I'm going to get something to eat then sleep!

I'm happy with my purchases in the transfer window, Hleb has really done well, Picollo looks solid at the back and Behrami I haven't seen much of yet, as Barton and co are doing their jobs well.

I'm still 4th in the league :lol:. Chelsea are 15 points ahead of me, then Arsenal are 5 points ahead of me and Man Utd just 1 point ahead of me! I'm hoping to get the 2nd automatic qualification for CL spot, but it will be tough.

More to come tomorrow! (Or later today in fact)

Back
Top Bottom