WE8LE Master League Thread

I would suggest you guys get Kaebi from iran, he's an SB but can also play SMF or WF, he's excellent IRL too. HE got pace ;)

PS: keep track of bayern munich next season, a new maradona will arise although the player is 27 i think :P his name is ALI KARIMI.

PLF said:
Bagheri was amazing for a couple years and then got crap. bt he's certainly not little.. he's same size as Daei.

:lol: hehe........sorry that wasn't what I meant, I meant he was a good player and being on the screen he was small. :lol:

Inter211 - Yep, know all about him, another of my favs in the game, although didn't know about him signing for Bayern, so will look forward to seeing more of him, remember seeing him some time ago play against Ireland over in Iran and he was brilliant. Kaebi has also been bought by me too.

FD

i just found out that editing a player's name, appearance (including boots) and free kick style takes effect in master league regardless where you're at in ML. im also guessing the same goes for penalty style and celebration

Stringer - He was in the PC version anyway, that I'm sure.

ThePhantom%20(26).jpg
ass.jpg
Yep, that's right, I like to change players boots every now and again. Although it won't work with created players unfortunately.

FD

Inter211 ;)

I wish Karimi had gone to another club where he'd be more assured of a regular 1st team place but oh well... guess i can't complain its better than him at Bayern than him at Al Ahli where i couldn't watch him at all and he wouldn't get any world exposure :(
But I seriuosly think he could've gone to a lesser club and make a real name for himself in world rather than going there for unsuccessful spell before being sold to another club like Hashemian.

@Fantamos, all the things editable in Basic settings of player like FOOT, Celebration, Freekick Style, Injury Tolerance as well as apperances/name can be edited and will take immediate effect in ML.

Special stars can also be edited only thing that can't is "Abilities"

Hi, I'm playing WE8LE patched with Ole Gangsta Mix and Scorpio 3.0 OF :)

I started my ML with Real Madrid default team players and in my league, I selected all teams from EPL and some other big teams like Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter Milan etc. Playing with 6 stars difficulty.

I changed the default Real Madrid formation a little bit replacing Raul and Ronaldo and set Raul defense from High to Normal. Played thru the Div. 2 and won it with ?? Wins, 3 Draws and 1 Lost. Also won the Div. 2 Cup.

Now I'm in the middle of my 2nd season in Div. 1 and bought/sold some players. At first, I played 3-5-2 formation with

GK: Cassilas (Marshall)
CBT: Saldago, W. Samuel, Woodgate (Raul Bravo, Pavon, Roberto Carlos)
DMF: S. Gerrard, T. Gravesen (Borja, I. Helguera)
RMF: Beckham
LMF: Figo (Solari, Roberto Carlos)
OMF: Zidane (Guti)
CF: Ronaldo, Owen (Raul, Portillo)

* in () means possible subs.

The reason I dropped Raul it is because he's slow and always lost the possesion of the ball to faster defender. However, although Owen is much faster, he sometime lack of good shoting accuracy. I then regret bought S. Gerrard coz in the game I couldnt feel his existance. But when I changed his role to CMF, he played better role and started to score goals. Gravesen and Samuel will be my main defensive point. Even thou I managed to secure many wins, but 3 defenders at the back couldn't hold fast winger and forwards. In the end, conceded too many goals even thou I scored quite a number of goals too. Now ranked 3rd in the league behind Inter Milan (5 points) and Barcelona (3 points) in the middle of the season. My goal difference only 7 while Inter Milan got huge 21 and Barca 20 goals.

In the transfer, I lured Henry (with 8 weeks injury), Risse, Kewell, Luis Garcia, Cisse, Frabegas and trade/sell Portillo, Borja, Pavon, Guti, Solari. No one offered for my Raul :(. Shifted to new formation:

------------------- Cassilas (GK) -----------------
----- J. Woodgate (CBT) ----- W. Samuel (CBT) -----
- Saldago (RSB) ----------------- R. Carlos (LSB) -
------------------------ T. Gravesen (CMF) --------
----------- S. Gerrard (CMF) ----------------------
- Beckham (RMF) -------------------- Kewell (LMF) -
-------------------------- Ronaldo (CF) -----------
------------- D. Cisse (CF) -----------------------

Potential Sub:
Marshall (GK)
Raul Bravo
Risse
I.Helguera
Frabegas
Figo
Luis Garcia
Zidane
Raul
Owen
Henry (2 weeks YELLOW injured)

Looking forward to sell Zidane, Figo, Raul, I. Helguera, Raul Bravo and perhaps Owen for young talents in the end of the season. Although Henry injured, in the game against Juventes and left 3 minutes from the time and Ronaldo exhausted. I subs. Henry with him and scored a goal right after the change and rated 7.0 for the game.

P/S: Managed to get into Div. 1 Cup semi-final :)

Last edited:
:lol: LOL, sorry. Look at who the member was just before I posted that picture, look at his member name.

Remember I mentioned about a childish moment in another thread, well that was another one.

Btw, no-one mentioned anything about my earlier question with regards to this supposed Super Japanese/Korean or whatever guy Chu Park Young or something, I don't see him anywhere? The guy with the supposed Vapor boots.

FD

PLF said:
Inter211 ;)

I wish Karimi had gone to another club where he'd be more assured of a regular 1st team place but oh well... guess i can't complain its better than him at Bayern than him at Al Ahli where i couldn't watch him at all and he wouldn't get any world exposure :(
But I seriuosly think he could've gone to a lesser club and make a real name for himself in world rather than going there for unsuccessful spell before being sold to another club like Hashemian.

Dont worry PLF, Ze Roberto will probably leave B.Munich this year so Karimi can take his place, he has the ability, i can see him play in Al-Ahli in the UAE, in each match he plays there are 4 defenders after him running, i just stare n laugh :P .

if he was really 1/50 of maradona it wouldnt matter what club he went to cause he would get to start... dont call him the new maradona please...

by the way.. the next soccer star will be robinho.. write it down... he'll be the best player in a couple of years...

Dude we already know about Robinho and no don't be so sure of that. I'd like to think he will and most likely he will but don't ever say it like it's a guaranteed fact that Robinho will be god.

Remember Denilson?? he was once a 19 year old kid and an amazing one with 6 players around him who couldn't handle him. Life is unexpected and most often turns out not the way you thought it was gonna. Denilson is just one example. There are 100 others who get all the hype and then disappoint hopefully Robinho won't be one.

and we can call him Asian Maradonna as much as we want, it's freedom of speech. I personally don't think he's 1/50th of Maradonna as a player as a whole but in terms of dribbling just dribbling I'd say he's at least 1/3 of Maradonna lol of course just dribbling is useless and that's why Karimi used to be not so great but now I see him score nice headers and a better finisher/assister so I hope he can do great thing at wherever he plays.

@Inter_211 we'll see if Ze Roberto leaves.. I think he will too but still those aren't easy shoes to fill and he's not left-footed though quite good with it so hopefully he can play in an altered formation rather than a straight left midfielder in a 4-4-2.

take care buddy.

well i never said that about denilson, and I know what im talking about... i said here once that Kaka would be one of the best midfielders in the World and now he is... starting for Brazil's national team...

now Im telling you that robinho is amazing, one of the best in ther world ...

I wasnt sure about him 2 years ago when he was just about dribbling, but now hes got great passing and finishing... the kid is amazing. Believe me, he plays against my team (Sao Paulo) and I wouldnt talk about him if he really wasnt that good, cause some times I hate him because he beats my team by himself... and Robinho is the world's best dribbler right now...

I was just talking about Karimi because hes 27 already... but i never saw him playing... and about calling him maradona its like saying that Robinho is the next Pele which is not even close. Pele was the most complete soccer player everr no1 will ever get even close.

well half the times when they hype someone as next Maradonna or Pele they flop anyways ;) so we don't really mean Karimi is as good as Maradonna not even half but surely we're ALLOWED to say that if we want.
By the way Robinho is no way the only good player in that league... every top league in the world has huge number of Brazilians with them even filling up Belgian/Turkish/Russian/Ukranian leagues as well now.. these have to come from somewhere.. guess where?? the BRazilian league produces 100 amazing players every year and Robinho is just one of them.

He IS something special though ;) a bit Lightweight however.

As for Denilson well... I don't know what your opinion on him was when he was 19 because we never talked back then but 99% of Brazilians and non-brazilians were convinced that this is the next guy who'll take the football world by a storm and probably become World Player of the year a few times like Ronaldo did. Look what happened to him now?? and i'm sure now not many people will admit that they were one of the thousands who dubbed Denilson as the NEXT big thing. :lmao:

yea I know what ur talking about... I know most Brazilians always say that but Im different lol
I only said that about Ronaldinho, Kaka, and now Robinho.. he is amazing and no1 did what he has done not even Ronaldo or Ronaldinho...

he is still in Brazil cause they know he is that good and wont let him leave for 10million or 15 million... he has won the brazilian championship twice and everyone knows him and he still plays for Santos... every brazilian likes him even santos rivals... Im telling you the kid is amazing...

When did this thread go OT? Back to the ML chat

I started my Master League campaign again with Athletico Madrid as I fancied a challenge, I got spanked 3-1 in my first game so this season could well be a long one

CWright said:
I started my Master League campaign again with Athletico Madrid as I fancied a challenge, I got spanked 3-1 in my first game so this season could well be a long one

I know how you feel, but its a nice kit isn't it? :mrgreen:

After a wee break I'm having another go at this now. Looks like the league is over with PSG 10 points clear, concentrating on defending my CL title though the line-up of teams I could get in the last 8 is impressive, also look set to make the French cup final again after winning the away leg of the semi-final 3-0 at Rennes.

I really wish there was a SWOS-esque style to ML, so that after winning the lot in season 2 I could have moved to Serie A and taken on a new challenge, etc.

PLF said:
Remember Denilson?? he was once a 19 year old kid and an amazing one with 6 players around him who couldn't handle him. Life is unexpected and most often turns out not the way you thought it was gonna. Denilson is just one example. There are 100 others who get all the hype and then disappoint hopefully Robinho won't be one.

He did play good in the world cup 2002. What is going on with him at Real Betis, i never saw him play in the spanish cup (semi-finals).

its just that he gets injured every 5 months... and 1998 he also played a good world cup... he was just unlucky that he always gets injured... but lets stay on topic now...

Im about to start a new ML, whats a good young team I can use?

Yeah we were wrong to go off-topic that much.

Give me more info regarding what type of team you want: Mid-table, Uefa cup spot type of team like Udinese or Relegation battler?? and what league and I'll come up with good recommendations.

I wanted a team with young players... i like making young players stars... but i dont want greatttt teams.. more like in the PSV range sevilla something like that

I recommend:

Lupoli (Arsenal) + Jo (Corinthians) up front.

Maybe Ben Afra, Fabregas, Nasri, Djourou MF

Snoyl, Kompany, van den Borre, Kaabi DF

Kim (GK)

Subs.

Marshall (Celtic GK)
Zuiverloon, Hooiveld DF
Haemhouts, Zaambrella MF
Cerci, Vonlanthen, Ugur (CF)

Well, that's my current team anyway!! HAHA! Average age...about 18!!! Well, plus a few older players...Shinji Ono, Vornander, Minanda...

PLF said:
oh man :roll:

LOLOLOL!!!! PLF...don't despair...

*Clears throat* Ahem...SuperConCon...the first thing you'll learn at school...is that you should always read carefully. That being the case, there may be no need to ask subsequent questions. Pls. read my post again.

Back
Top Bottom