WE8LE Master League Thread

Yo,,, So im in my 2nd season with Arsenal... the best goddamn team in the world....... and chelsea were spoiling this season goin like 20 wins 0 draws and like 1 lost........ BUT they lost 2 games in a row..... first to Newcastle and than liverpool..... now I am 1 point behind them...... something like 61-60..... with only 3 games to go..... the next game is AGAINST THEM........ BUT im also in the CL final against AC milan who i had in my group and could not beat home or away...... WTF ????? so if i play my best against milan the chelsea game my boys are gonna be WORN out.......... i might loose the league BUT the CL could be in the bag if i go all out against milan....... I'll let yall know what goes down after i play this weekend........ its been a crazy season with CHlsea dominating game after game..... :(

plf,
actually PESfans ML thread was quite good for a while with people posting creative stories with compelling teams but PESinsight's thread is pure rot!
also that Advanced Tactical thread was good until Capo C. got sent off heh

Yeah it was... ;) but lets stay on-topic now guys and hopefully we won't have incidents like this again.

Hello again everyone :) Some interesting discussion while I have been AWOL from the ML thread.

I am pleased to inform you I have started a new ML :mryellow:

I haven't played any games yet, but I have set all the leagues etc up so after dinner (in 10 mins) I can play away :).

I have decided to be a German team this time, as I feel I don't know much about the Bundesliga so this will be good as I will have to learn the new players and their best positions etc, just like a real manager at a new club. The team I have chosen is Hertha Berlin, and I will be starting in Division 2, with Freiburg, FC Brugge, Besiktas, Spartak Moscow, Benfica, Sparta Prague, Anderlecht. Promotion goes to the Bundesliga.

I have set my game up so that the leagues are; Premiership, Bundesliga, Europe1, Europe2. In Europe1 and Europe2 I have put teams that are in the CL and UEFA Cup in real life, so that they will be in the CL and UEFA Cup in my game. I'll see how it all goes. Hopefully this setup should work well!

Anyway, dinner now, playing later :)

Right, well into the ML now and enjoying it :). Here's what's happened so far:

League:

Hertha 3-1 FC Brugge
Spartak Moscow 1-3 Hertha
Hertha 2-3 Sparta Prague
Anderlecht 2-4 Hertha
Hertha 0-0 Freiburg
Benfica 3-2 Hertha

Cup:

Hertha 4-2 Freiburg
Freiburg 3-1 Hertha >>> Freiburg through on away goals

As you can see started the season very well, however things have started to take a dip. Hope I can get back to winning ways as I'm hoping for promotion to the Bundesliga. I was really pissed off to go out of the Cup in the first round on away goals. Thought I was through after the first leg and rested some players in the 2nd leg, and I paid the price. Here's the top 5 of the league as it stands:

Sparta Prague......W5...D0...L1...PTS 15...GD+5
Hertha Berlin......W3...D1...L2...PTS 10...GD+4
FC Brugge..........W3...D1...L2...PTS 10...GD-1
Benfica............W3...D1...L2...PTS 10...GD-1
Spartak Moscow.....W2...D1...L3...PTS 7....GD-1

Very close and with half the season left to go anyone can win it. I have a feeling this may be a very close call for promotion!

My top goal scorers so far are:

Marcelinho.......5
Reina............5
Wichniarek.......2
Rafael...........2

Really hope I can get promoted as I want to be up there with the best.

Well.....I had a freakin MARVELOUS end of the season...... Just BEAT THE CRAP out of Milan 4-0 in the CL final...... A little pay back since i had them in my group and lost first 3-0 than tied at home 3-3.... Henry hat trick.......

BUT, the best was the end to the Premiership.... So Chelsea had 65 pts. I (Arsenal) had 64 pts.... With just 3 games to go and I was allready crowned European Champion the League was not over yet...... Chelsea had lost their 2 previous games to Newcastle and Liverpool giving me some kind of hope to win the league......

Well believe it or not game 3 was the big one. Arsenal Vs Chelsea. Classic game with both teams fighting and giving thier all.... I took the lead early in the first half.... BUT Chlesea scored early on in the 2nd half and the game ended in a 1-1 tie at Highbury.... All I could do now was try and win both games and PRAY for a Chelsea slip up....... My next game was vs Bolton and Chelsea played the Villans...

Well I was off to real terrible start going 1-0 down to a Bolton goal.... But I fought back hard and in the same half put 3 pass Bolton... And than secured the game 4-1.... Meanwhile chelsea TIED the Villans and this put me ON TOP!!!!!!!! Damn was i screamin after seeing Chelsea drop 2 points with just 1 game to go.....
With just 1 game remaing.... Arsenal 68 pts Chlesea 67 pts........

I was at home to Everton for the last game of the season KNOWING I had to win. I was playing terrible with everton missing chances and me getting lucky..... Halftime.... and Chelsea was Rocking Southampton 3-0..... Only a win would see me win the title..... 2nd half was a lot better with Henry and Pires missing a few chances....... it was not until the 75th minute that I went on a counter attack down the left flank.. Pires passed to Henry who just blew a freakin CANNON shot pass the keeper from about 25 yrds out....... 1-0...... and all i had to do was hold on...... Everton went on all attack and I was defending like crazy...... But I did manage to break, again it was pires and Henry linking up...... pires made a nice through ball to Henry who was 1 on 1 with the goalie but from a real hard angle to shoot..... Henry's shot hit the post and was than cleared by everton........ Minutes later it was again Everton going all attack trying to ruin my comeback season..... in the 88 minute Beattie breaks loose and has a 1 vs 1 with Lehmann.... Surely its 1-1 now BUT beatties shot HITS the post and im giving a life line and can breath again............ So I go back on attack and just go to the corner flags to waste time.... sure enough the ref blows the whistel and Arsenal are CHAMPIONS in my 2nd ML season........ One of the greatest comebacks I have ever done in this game...... Arsenal 71 pts, Chelsea 70pts, Liverpool 57.

Well hope you enjoyed that thrilling double..... cause i sure had one hell of a time.... with a bit of luck on my side I managed to pull off a double in my 2nd ML season......... Now I need to rebuild with Bergkamp and Lehmann retiring its time to rebuild and continue to dominate in the premiership and in Europe.......

Great story man I actually felt the excitement/nervousness as I was reading through your lines.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: [size=+1]Guys, my Master League HAS JUST CRASHED! Permanently...[/size]

I've just finished my last match in Division 2, it goes to the player improvements screen, then goes to the screen where the Division 1s play the rest of their season. The blue bar fills up and the text changes for each week, then it gets to the last week, does it, then nothing!!! It just freezes at this screen.

:(:(:(

I've tryed twice and the same thing happened. WTF is wrong? It's obviously not a common problem. I'm using the Reefur .9 Patch btw.

Please any help appreciated!!!

i would like to ask, im using gangster's patch right now, and if i swap to reefur's .9 patch while playing my ML season 2 with spurs.....what changes will i be able to see in my ML ?

Talking about crashing, hilarious thing happened with me.

I seem to have a major problem with as soon as I lose a game, I keep losing game after game. I was having a torrid time, although the refs are cheats, I've made my decision on that, that was a major problem.

Anyway, I was getting a rough time and suddenly the game crashed, oh was I overjoyed. :) Think the game crashed as the cheating was getting ridiculous. :lol: Must have been too much for my PS2 to take.

Managed to get a 5-0 cup tie win over Spartak Moscow from a 1-1 draw and a win in the league, but I'm still a good 7 points or so from the top. Castello has come into a bit of form, taking over from Christensen who hasn't been as prolific. Think my main big guy will be Carew, but may replace Christensen in the long term with my old favourite Morales.

FD

:mrgreen: hehe........no you said the computer players become invincible, I just think the ref's are cheats. :mrgreen:

FD

WE8LE is my first game in the series, and thus my first attempt at Master League. I would like to duplicate a season(s), using Arsenal, for example, but do not know which 8 teams to place in division 2 or which 16 in division 1. I want to play against teams that Arsenal would really face in a season, not random teams. Any advice appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Once I get promoted to Division 1, and assuming I place 15 other EPL teams in bracket A, do I ever play teams in brackets B-D? If so, would it be appropriate to only place teams from same league in respective brackets? For example, Ligue 1 in B, Serie A in C, etc.

At the halfway stage of my ML in Division 2 with Hertha.

I'm top of the league and unbeaten :). Won 5 and Drawn 2, making me 4 points clear of Galatasary, going into the second half of the season.

I am out of the Div 2 cup at the first round though :(. Won the first leg 2-1 then lost the 2nd leg 3-1 to Freiburg. Now I can fully concentrate on the league!

Playing more now...

Golden Go@l said:
Once I get promoted to Division 1, and assuming I place 15 other EPL teams in bracket A, do I ever play teams in brackets B-D? If so, would it be appropriate to only place teams from same league in respective brackets? For example, Ligue 1 in B, Serie A in C, etc.
Correct, that's what I do but the annoying thing is relegation/promotion from/to Division 2 will only be active for your league. Say for example you chose a French team and set it so you were promoted into Ligue 1, eventually non-French CPU teams will be promoted into Ligue 1 too, thus ruining any 'realism' aspect you hoped to create and maintain.

Anyway, I'm about 30% into my third season, 7 points behind in the league but a long way to go yet. Won my opening 3 games of the CL, which btw I'm getting sick of because I'm always drawn in a group with fellow domestic teams (I'm Marseille, my group opponents are Monaco, Sochaux and PSV :/).

sorry for the dumb question, but never tried it before...how can i set up real leagues in ML mode?

i read about it here but have no clue...lol.

ClassicD said:
Correct, that's what I do but the annoying thing is relegation/promotion from/to Division 2 will only be active for your league. Say for example you chose a French team and set it so you were promoted into Ligue 1, eventually non-French CPU teams will be promoted into Ligue 1 too, thus ruining any 'realism' aspect you hoped to create and maintain.

Anyway, I'm about 30% into my third season, 7 points behind in the league but a long way to go yet. Won my opening 3 games of the CL, which btw I'm getting sick of because I'm always drawn in a group with fellow domestic teams (I'm Marseille, my group opponents are Monaco, Sochaux and PSV :/).

Thanks for the feedback ClassicD. :)

OPM said:
sorry for the dumb question, but never tried it before...how can i set up real leagues in ML mode?

i read about it here but have no clue...lol.

You have to buy the option for custom ML in the WEN-Shop.

Back
Top Bottom