WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread

I think most post emphasize on the graphics.
Only a few mention the new AI ( Teamvision )and I think that is much more important.
It's more FIFA-ish to find graphics that important. Were are the real gameplay-Pessers??

Why is Ronaldinho number 16? :p Graphics look much better than last years 'next gen' screenshots by comparison.

But the question is: this difference took 18 months???

And more than that: it seems clear to me there is no new engine.

Now I agree gameplay is everything, but you can consider visual and audio eleement as part of the gameplay itself. Let's hope that dynamically it looks stunning

I have 3 questions
1. Did Sony really give 2 mil. for development of PES7 for PS3 ?
2. Have they seen today s pics and the announcement of Konami that PC, XBox and PS3 will be the same ?
3. Have they already asked Konami to give em their money back ?
Or will they do it tommorow ?

I have 3 questions
2. Have they seen today s pics and the announcement of Konami that PC, XBox and PS3 will be the same ?

LOL, i think the 2 millions were to make the 360 pes6 the worst game ever.......

I also think someone should explain to those PR people that screenshots and teaser are meant to get people excited about the game.....now i wouldn't be very excited if I was eating in a restaurant and they told me the food they served me is a 2 months old but they have much better now........

Last edited:

we all new konami would have the gameplay tied up this year its the graphics thats the major let down i hope to god this aint the graphics engine well see for the next 4 years maybe seeing it in motion will make a diff

you can see the muscle definition in c ronaldo's legs. i think the models look much smoother.

LOL, i think the 2 millions were to make the 360 pes6 the worst game ever.......

I also think someone should explain to those PR people that screenshots and teaser are meant to get people excited about the game.....now i wouldn't be very excited if I was eating in a restaurant and they told me the food they served me is a 2 months old but they have much better now........

:lmao: Huahuahahuahuahuahauhahuauhahuahuahuauahahuauhauhauh That was funny! Huahuahhuahauhuauhauhauhahuahuahuuahhuahuahuahuahu :lmao:

hi guys i am back wow i missed alot :D ... just seen the announcment ,, gameplay wise i think it is looking great .. i have to say i expect sumthin more in terms of gfx but as suff said this is early screens ..

I have 3 questions

What you see in these pics will be the same all around. I do have hope that these graphics will improve like what has been said (with these supposedly being early build pics). Konami is not going to out out a completely different game for the PS3 when they have the game going on other platforms.

IMO, though, these graphics are pretty nice as is. If they look like that and add amazing gameplay, I'm good to go.

To all the people who said PS3's graphics would be miles ahead for the past whole year...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the same graphics engine, just tweaked player models!

At the ned of looking at the screens I'm happy. Not amazed, but really looking forward to it, glad Brazil and Portugal are licenced, that just leaves Konami to get Germany and they have all the big nations licened. Looking at the player models the animation will be amazing, no more robot running like in PES6.

And yes, I was right again, this game would be shown before E3.

Last edited:

The faces look better in these new shots, admittedly, but if the 360 version was patchable we could have done that ourselves. Yes, you can see the muscles now, but that's just an effect on the shirt - that could be done in a patch as well, for God's sake. A post has already been made in this thread that matches up with what I'm saying; see HERE.

The lighting is better, great, but if it took them 18 months to do that then it's going to be 18 years before they catch up to FIFA's graphics. I don't agree with the "it will look amazing in motion" stuff either - fair enough, some of the animations could be motion-captured and totally realistic, but if they come from characters looking like that, it's still going to look like a realistic cartoon. Bit of a contradiction that. And as for "they're teaser shots, they'll look better by the final release" - why would you release shots you're not happy with? To shut up a community that you have no idea even exists? Come on lads. They're not going to be up to FIFA's standard in three months. Be realistic.

And the Winning Eleven blog team has said that graphics are going to be the same across the 360/PS3/PC(!) versions, so there you go. Sorry but next to the other 360/PS3 games (and Crysis on PC) it just looks ludicrously bad.

This isn't meant to be negativity and nothing else; I'm just giving my opinion, and I don't think it's right that Konami are doing this. If it ignites a discussion then great.

Genuine question (again, I would like to see this discussed): Of course, gameplay is more important than graphics, so you can dismiss all of the above if you want. But tell me, seriously, is it wrong to want, or even expect, a lot better graphics along with a lot better gameplay? Why is it so terrible to expect both in an age where most of the hardware developments are graphics-related? It's almost as if you're made to feel ashamed for wanting the graphics to match up to the other next-gen graphics out there.

Last edited:

To all the people who said PS3's graphics would be miles ahead for the past whole year...

i'm getting fucked off with all this crap.

just hearing you moaning about this and that.

just wait til we can play the game.

if you don't like it, then go and buy fifa. simple.

seems like I will stick with fifa this year. I cant mod on my ps3 and with thes same graphic engine like last year and no licenceses. I am considering to switch

i don't post much but i have looked at these forums since WE7 came out in the States. Every year it's the same old stuff about how Konami have screwed us with this or that and how last years version was better and blah...blah...blah...
but the fact remains that Konami have consistently produced an amazing football game year in and year out. Hands down the best. FIFA is a joke and that is coming from an American who has played FIFA since the very first one on the Sega Genesis. I don't by any means think that WE/Pro Evo is perfect and there are things that annoy me but to constantly bitch about something as minor as some early screenshots is utterly ridiculous and also to compare FIFA and WE is utterly ridiculous. I for one do not even agree with the people who think that FIFA is so far superior in the graphics department either. I think the stadiums look better in FIFA but the players don't and the ball physics are attrocious in FIFA. But I'm not writing this to bash FIFA, I'm writing this b'c i feel like i need to say something about the negetivity here with the announcement that was just made. i have faith that Konami will make an amazing game and everyone will love it for the most part and I promise thatcome this time next year when the announcement of PES 2009 and the screenshots come out the same people who are bitching about PES 2008 will be saying how great it was and how shitty PES 2009 looks and so forth...
If the game itself was perfect and to everyone's liking in every facet then there would be no new games to make each year and everyone would bitch about that too. PES 2008 will be awesome but will also be with some flaws as is the case each year. Just chill out and wait for the game to come and then bitch about it.

Please go to your pro evolution soccer thread and don't comeback thanks

ABOUT TIME THAT SOMEBODY SAYS THIS. 100% AGREE.

No I think it looks great, but I was right again, it would use the same engine for graphics as PES6 did on 360, We most likely will not see a new graphics engine til PES2010, just ike we had to wait for PES3 on PS2 for next-gen graphics.

i don't post much but i have looked at these forums since WE7 came out in the States. Every year it's the same old stuff about how Konami have screwed us with this or that and how last years version was better and blah...blah...blah...
but the fact remains that Konami have consistently produced an amazing football game year in and year out. Hands down the best. FIFA is a joke and that is coming from an American who has played FIFA since the very first one on the Sega Genesis. I don't by any means think that WE/Pro Evo is perfect and there are things that annoy me but to constantly bitch about something as minor as some early screenshots is utterly ridiculous and also to compare FIFA and WE is utterly ridiculous. I for one do not even agree with the people who think that FIFA is so far superior in the graphics department either. I think the stadiums look better in FIFA but the players don't and the ball physics are attrocious in FIFA. But I'm not writing this to bash FIFA, I'm writing this b'c i feel like i need to say something about the negetivity here with the announcement that was just made. i have faith that Konami will make an amazing game and everyone will love it for the most part and I promise thatcome this time next year when the announcement of PES 2009 and the screenshots come out the same people who are bitching about PES 2008 will be saying how great it was and how shitty PES 2009 looks and so forth...
If the game itself was perfect and to everyone's liking in every facet then there would be no new games to make each year and everyone would bitch about that too. PES 2008 will be awesome but will also be with some flaws as is the case each year. Just chill out and wait for the game to come and then bitch about it.

fully agree

I dont mind the graphics too much but the thing they need to correct is player builds and weight differences! Every player looks to have the same body and they are too skinny! I look forward to more updates!

seems like I will stick with fifa this year. I cant mod on my ps3 and with thes same graphic engine like last year and no licenceses. I am considering to switch

Yes, we need more PES fans like you. That´s exactly what all those little FIFA pussies are about. Great graphics, all licenses, gameplay? Shit. Pro Evo became what it is through its amazingly gameplay. Goodbye.

No I think it looks great, but I was right again, it would use the same engine for graphics as PES6 did on 360, We most likely will not see a new graphics engine til PES2010, just ike we had to wait for PES3 on PS2 for next-gen graphics.

cool.

i never expected anything major graphically, just waiting for the real info to come out.

i mean, i think fifa's gfx r shit. they put a gloss on the players shirts that look plastic. the faces look wrong, like monkey boys. see the rooney face in the fifa 08?

we have yet to find out if the game has analogue movement, and not the digital 8 directional movement.

By the way what office release thees images???? And why IGN got them first???

Is there gonna be any release from the UK as well???

Now i think we can quite settle one issue, it looks like there is no new gfx engine, which is indeed a bit of a disappointment.

Second issue giving us an X months old beta version screen isn't much of a teaser, is it?

I meant to add that the stuff Konami have said about AI that learns from your movements (i.e. if you go down the wing all the time it will start blocking you from doing it), was in EA's UEFA Champions League game.

So I wonder if that's what the WENB podcast was about - something that had been done before but not as well...?

where r the WENB TEAM???

They're not old beta screens, final game will look the ame except it wil have proper boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom