WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread

1 - You don't even look at the Crowd or can see them when your playing anyway.
its like the dumb insanity over refs and linesman.

Its the crowd noise/reaction to on field goings on that has to be improved not how they look.

2 - Stop comparing Football games to NBA games its a non starting argument.
How many players do they have to animate at any one time in an NBA game, compare this to a corner late on in Football.

How much of the NBA court do they show and how close up are the camera angles, compare this to how much of the Football field we need to see and how close up the game can be in order to play successfully.

Still worried the first headline should have been THEY HAVE CHANGED THE MASTERLEAGUE.

Well, I believe it is very valid comparing them in terms of the realism of movement. After all it is humans running around in both games. The way the players carry themselves, how well you can trace movements to their legmovements and footplanting is very important to simulate the human movement patterns.

Adam is on the phone right now with Konami. Told them that the internet is on fire and people are very disappointed. The pics are being called next-gen shots so from the PC, Xbox 360 or PS3 but not specified. They want us to emphasize that these are extremely early shots taken from the game and you will see a vast improvement over the next few months. They also stress when you see the game moving you will realise why its a next-gen version.

Sounds cool. Just make sure that you don't break their hearts over at KONAMI. I am very excited about this release overall, so make sure to let them know we (well, I at the very least...) appreciate them being hard at work. ;)

Look at the sponser and the sponser being on the ball i bet those were both edited too so editing adboards and balll could be in.

Last edited:

Looking at the new Logo... there are now 7 stars!!
Could this mean 7 difficulty levels this time?? hope so

i really want to see the game in movement !
see whats tha teamvion works ^^ :applause: good idea by the way
because pes 6 is really getting on my nerves because of that
and his ghosts defenses !!
Well harder will be the wait, october that far too long...

i really want to see the game in movement !
see whats tha teamvion works ^^ :applause: good idea by the way
because pes 6 is really getting on my nerves because of that
and his ghosts defenses !!
Well harder will be the wait, october that far too long...

thats my first messages and great forum and site !!
Adonis and suffdaddy thanks for your reliable infos !! great blog :applause:

UGLY UGLY NON-NEXT GEN graphics.

How the hell is this supposed to be better than Fifa'07?
Did they need 18-months and Sony's millions to ONLY improve the AI?
Are new graphics THAT difficult?
And how uglier can the grass look?

Apparently, my crappy 5200fx PC can generate much better graphics. And that's without Anti-aliasing. and with lodmixer set on 1,2,3,4...

This is my patched pc pes6 with user-made kits (mainly Fifa's) and stadiums, again running on a crappy 5200fx.

How does that even compare to the crap Konami released today? I am very disappointed with the PS3's graphics. And to think I was actually gonna buy a PS3.

How many YEARS will it take Konami to release a game that looks good FOR ITS TIME??

That said, the new gameplay engine sounds amazing. But again, NOT AMAZING FOR NEXT-GEN. What would be amazing for next-gen was graphics, and we already know how that turned out.

Last edited:

Adam is on the phone right now with Konami. Told them that the internet is on fire and people are very disappointed. The pics are being called next-gen shots so from the PC, Xbox 360 or PS3 but not specified. They want us to emphasize that these are extremely early shots taken from the game and you will see a vast improvement over the next few months. They also stress when you see the game moving you will realise why its a next-gen version.

LOL 18 months in development and this are the early shots.......ahahahaha..........ahahaha.......tell them we'll start calling them konEAmi if they don't give us a nice game-.

Why put RheinEnergieStadion in the game? FC Köln dosen't even play in the Bundesliga anymore.
Put Alianz og Veltins-Arena in the game Konami?.

Any info on ML, modes, player career etc?

Well, I believe it is very valid comparing them in terms of the realism of movement. After all it is humans running around in both games. The way the players carry themselves, how well you can trace movements to their legmovements and footplanting is very important to simulate the human movement patterns.

They still have less than half the players to animate at any one time compared to football which has 22 so it should always look at least 3x's better in movement animation, players details etc etc.
Look at the quality of Fightnight it only involves 2 players and a ref.

there is alot of negativity going around right now on EVO-WEB and the whole internet. but guys honestly these are press release images. wait for a video or full resolution pictures and then we can decide. just give it time... after that if its not impressive then insult it all you want!!

I'm sure the new gameplay will be super addictive. SUPER SUPER addictive. But I just couldn't hide my HUGE disappointment with the screenshots.

lami unfortunately they wouldnt comment on anything else, we just have to be patient. will try alternative routes.

I'll wait...

HOWEVER if I can complain it's about the untucked shirts these player models and even the kits with the ability to be able to untuck WILL make it look better.

Another things is the grass...
whats going on? madden 07's grass on PS3 is really good at some points yet konami which knows the grass and pitches are JUST as important to the game of VIDEO game soccer?!

The pitches need to look nicer too. nets? what about nets?

I've been saying that konami needs to improve 5 things to make their current gen game surpassed..

1)grass
2)editable adboards
3)nets
4)looser kits with movement and the ability to untuck
and...5)better weather effects if that can be done?

The articel did say that thheir will be the effect of rain and sweat to the result of wet looking players, i would love to see that.

18GBs.... how? 18 GBs of what exactly?

F.R.U.S.T.R.A.T.E.D

i don't know what people are ecpecting on graphic department???
i am not a fanboy or anything,
but in my opinion, player models on this early screenshots,
looks way better then fifa player models,( in fifa most of the players have the same hights, basketball shorts & they do look old aged) & better then pes6xbox360 player models ofcourse (they did look tall & skiny, shorts where gay etc...) anyways i am sure they will polish the graphic, the game will only get better & better, till pes2008 it comes out.
remember the first screens of pes6 on 360??? it was horrible, that was good example.
for me this graphic, with player faceial expressions,
cloths movement, wet cloths on rainy day,
with hopefully full list of stadiums that where on old gen
+ some new ones, & full edit mode:D
i will be vary happy in terms of graphic.
by the way we/pes was never about graphic, so moving to the gameplay news,
hearing that, we ll have a new inteligent al called teamvision, that can read the game the way we play, only that it is an amazing news for all of as,
hopefully that will work well & we can enjoy the game,
playing against cpu again, with no cheating.
so that when we play ML should be fun again like in old days.
& that player screenshot where he is interwieved! i have a very good feeling about this, i hope i am not talking to soon,
but with all the critics they (konami) had over the years about ML,
i wouldn't be surprise if they worked on it this year.
(Other improvements promised for PES 2008 includes improved greater close control, so there's more scope for skilled dribbling)
this is something that we espect & trust konami to do good.
i hope we will have more info soon, a video would be more then great, i gues we have to wait & see

there is alot of negativity going around right now on EVO-WEB and the whole internet. but guys honestly these are press release images. wait for a video or full resolution pictures and then we can decide. just give it time... after that if its not impressive then insult it all you want!!

Well man they give us poor screenshots after building big hype for the last two years so how are we supposed to react?

Of course we all know we gotta wait for some in game footage, but since we don't have any we just have to be grumpy about the infos they give us.

I just rechecked the Xbox360 screen from last year, honestly nothing much different from these screens. But then again it means little.
So your sources at konami uk mentioned some videos release???

Suffdaddy will info be harder for you to get now its being officially released on specific dates and because mags etc will be fighting for exclusive info, previews or pics now.

i don't know what people are ecpecting on graphic department???
i am not a fanboy or anything,
but in my opinion, player models on this early screenshots,
looks way better then fifa player models,( in fifa most of the players have the same hights, basketball shorts & they do look old aged) & better then pes6xbox360 player models ofcourse (they did look tall & skiny, shorts where gay etc...) anyways i am sure they will polish the graphic, the game will only get better & better, till pes2008 it comes out.
remember the first screens of pes6 on 360??? it was horrible, that was good example.
for me this graphic, with player faceial expressions,
cloths movement, wet cloths on rainy day,
with hopefully full list of stadiums that where on old gen
+ some new ones, & full edit mode:D
i will be vary happy in terms of graphic.
by the way we/pes was never about graphic, so moving to the gameplay news,
hearing that, we ll have a new inteligent al called teamvision, that can read the game the way we play, only that it is an amazing news for all of as,
hopefully that will work well & we can enjoy the game,
playing against cpu again, with no cheating.
so that when we play ML should be fun again like in old days.
& that player screenshot where he is interwieved! i have a very good feeling about this, i hope i am not talking to soon,
but with all the critics they (konami) had over the years about ML,
i wouldn't be surprise if they worked on it this year.
(Other improvements promised for PES 2008 includes improved greater close control, so there's more scope for skilled dribbling)
this is something that we espect & trust konami to do good.
i hope we will have more info soon, a video would be more then great, i gues we have to wait & see

+1

Graphics look pretty decent. Very promising!Even better in HD.

Also for those who said the PES6 xbox360 graphics are the same, well, check out both screenshots.

0272.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032416952.jpg

Far better IMO.

GODDAMMIT PEOPLE!
We have BARELY seen 6 screenshots and all this unnecessary negativity floating? They are ONLY 6 screenies! Seriously you all need to chill. Theres alot more to come. The Konami dude clearly said they are EARLY BETAS. Your main concentration should be on GAMEPLAY, not impressed with the Teamvision announcement so far? Then sorry you're not football fans. That was just one announcement. Now i'm frustrated from all your childish reactions. Sheesh!

really doesnt look that much different to PES6 360, which is a shame really, looks less bright and cartoony, but still not brilliantly realistic. The boots are awful for one thing, and the socks are terrible

Last edited:

if thats what it looks like come october for ps3 ill be gutted

i liked it...and what counts the most is the gameplay not the graphics.

maybe all WC 06 stadia ingame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom