WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread

No I think it looks great, but I was right again, it would use the same engine for graphics as PES6 did on 360, We most likely will not see a new graphics engine til PES2010, just ike we had to wait for PES3 on PS2 for next-gen graphics.
I did read similar posts before and I really wonder how you can see, based on screenshots, that the graphics engine is the same ??
Wait for video's to judge about the graphic engine...

I don't think there is a video yet. Last year they showed the first motion footage at E3, so I'll wait til then.

No I think it looks great, but I was right again, it would use the same engine for graphics as PES6 did on 360, We most likely will not see a new graphics engine til PES2010, just ike we had to wait for PES3 on PS2 for next-gen graphics.

nick must be blind or did he take these pics because it does nt show which console it is from or is they are xbox 360 or ps3 so stop trying to think your right as when we seea video and they show all the extra options the ps3 one will have then you will not be right.

Right here ProWeMan,

Im just sitting back and taking in all peoples comments before the W.E.N.B. statement later tonight!

IGN got them first because they were given to all the major gaming sites.

Thomas, how is that video looking, any chance of it tonight?

[CoN]sole;1019428 said:
ThomasGoal,

any chance on that "video" popping up tonight?
I doubt about the video, i hope the source of Loganserval don't joke, because alot think the guy can show the fake video of yesterday :roll:

cool.

i never expected anything major graphically, just waiting for the real info to come out.

i mean, i think fifa's gfx r shit. they put a gloss on the players shirts that look plastic. the faces look wrong, like monkey boys. see the rooney face in the fifa 08?

we have yet to find out if the game has analogue movement, and not the digital 8 directional movement.

Well, To be honest football shirts are essentially made of plastic. I see what you mean though. ;)

And for Analog movements/aiming etc, it is something extremely dear to my heard aswell. And I read that there will be 16-way digital rather than 8-way. Could have been alot better obviously, but double is better than the same I guess.

suff ? is that the announcement u was talking about on the podcast or we will have another form konami europe?

nick must be blind or did he take these pics because it does nt show which console it is from or is they are xbox 360 or ps3 so stop trying to think your right as when we seea video and they show all the extra options the ps3 one will have then you will not be right.
Konami have said to Winning Eleven blog that the graphics will be the same across 360, PS3 and PC versions.

Teamvision will mean players will now make runs for us making the game more fluid, wow, imagine the football we can now play!

I did read similar posts before and I really wonder how you can see, based on screenshots, that the graphics engine is the same ??
Wait for video's to judge about the graphic engine...

You have a point there, but the other way around is true also, is there any evidence that that's new engine? not really.

Usually a video teaser follows soon after the first screenshots. But one thing is clear, no video teaser can be worse than the fifa one release a week ago......;)

it's a shame they havent showed and vids or screens of lisenced balls,boots and edit mode
but as we say it is still early

I hope they won't be "up to FIFA's standard". That's like hoping they will be ugly as F***.
:roll: For those with the broken glasses, replace "FIFA's standard" with "any other next-gen game's standard".

Teamvision will mean players will now make runs for us making the game more fluid, wow, imagine the football we can now play!

tactical battles with the computer is what i'm dreaming of.

graphics are much better than fifas, fifa is big bodybilders with basketball shorts that have air constantly blown up them as you can see right down them and there faces are made of some shiny material and are way too bright too look real and 99% of the players have the same build.

the overall pitch and grass is better in fifa but the players which is the main thing look worse in fifa. and probably play all the same as fifa 2007 as every player is more or less feels the same.

pes7
img_4632247.html

fifa
img_4593405.html

Konami have said to Winning Eleven blog that the graphics will be the same across 360, PS3 and PC versions.

Konami never said that. When we asked them which console or platform the screens were from, they said anyone of the next-gen platforms. i.e. they wouldnt specify which one. Although unlikely, these screens could be from the PC or Xbox 360 version and the PS3 may have different ones.

What people need to understand is that u cant base the game on these screenshots. I remember seeing WE7 screenshots and thinking they were crap. When i played the game i took back every word and was completely amazed.

This next paragraph is just me brainstorming and thinking of different ideas.

with regards to the SONAMI factor as i call it, i guess we'll have to wait. It could be anything even something as unlikely as that this game PES2008 is not the one we are waiting for which would explain the absence of an early Japanese release. Maybe next year we'll see "THE ONE".

Who knows, all im glad about is this new TEAMVISION AI.

ProWeMan, me and adam will be talking tonight and listen to information from the industry and anything adam gets and will make a WENB statement. it might not have anything other than our opinions.

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE, dont judge too early.

PS. PLEASE SOMEONE SHUT THAT MUPPET NICKSFCSFESFE, whatever his friggin name is...

graphics are much better than fifas, fifa is big bodybilders with basketball shorts that have air constantly blown up them as you can see right down them and there faces are made of some shiny material and are way too bright too look real and 99% of the players have the same build.

the overall pitch and grass is better in fifa but the players which is the main thing look worse in fifa. and probably play all the same as fifa 2007 as every player is more or less feels the same.

pes7
img_4632247.html

fifa
img_4593405.html

Nice X's, what's PES7 by the way?

well after full on taking stick last night for keeping an open mind about the (now proven) fakes. I have something to say about those bummin seabass and konami about how wonderful the pes2008 graphics are gonna be etc. 18 months they have 'apparantly' been working on this. And in no way does it look any better than the 360 version, that was 'rushed'

Still cartoony graphics, too colourful, crowd look shite How hard is it to get the crowd to look at the game?

The only thing that could seem good is the new AI thing, but lets be fair, in every release so far konami have said the AI has improved. Xcept this year they have given it a name.

1 things spring to mind when looking at the pics above.

Koanmi have a strange idea as to what next gen graphics are like.

Last edited:

but suuf i get angree ofr one think u said the one next year ... hell i am fed up of waiting now :/

i dont how to play chess.

You have a point there, but the other way around is true also, is there any evidence that that's new engine? not really.
I think you are wrong. I think we agree that Konami's statement from today was an official one, right? Just see what they write: "However, the most noticeable improvement PES 2008 will offer over its predecessors (apart from Teamvision of course) is the graphics. Konami promises it will be a true next-gen experience, so there will be proper facial animations, shirt pulling and kits that flow and crease as the players run around.
Sounds like a different engine to me :)

i bet adonis and suff know something more than they have shown on ign, will you guys release the podcast earlier this week or the same time as last week.

the master league is the main improvement i want them to make, has become to repetative, has anyone talked about the player picture of the guy and the media , wisj that it is like fifa were the players talk to media and say dif things and actually have some management in it like sponsors and real money figures as paying 10,000 we points for a player seem unrealistic and weird as tranfers are one of the exciting parts of football.

is that puolsen being interviewed?

but suuf i get angree ofr one think u said the one next year ... hell i am fed up of waiting now :/

i really wish i knew what was going on. I wish i had a contact in Konami Tokyo. its possible that this is all we are gonna get and that all the hype was just over the top. all i want people to realise is that u can never judge a game without actually getting your hands on it. We will have to wait. i'm sure that Konami will see the peoples responses from the internet and will have to counter the negativity that people are releasing

EHi Suffdaddy can you at least tell your contacts that maybe a better PR could be helpful???

And tell me if you can figure out this things I am very curious about: in your last podcast you mention there are still some months to go to the final release, but I believe thay must have the game ready at least one month and a half before releasing day.

If anyone worked in the industry would you tell me how they finalise the process in terms of final testing, productions and distribution?? I have the feeling that by end of the august everything should be ready.

looks like him but i think it's a fake player or espimas from the default team he was sick in pes3, the good old days.

Remember PES1 and PES2 looked pretty crap, then PES3/WE7 came along and they looked brilliant. I remember seeing the animation when Thomas first posted the vids for WE7 (think it was Japan vs South Korea) and I just kept watching a goal replay over and over and thinking how revolutionary the shooting animation was!

PES2 (yes, that's on a PS2)
winning-eleven-6-4.jpg

PES3 (what a leap... literally)
pes3pic4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom