WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread

if thats what it looks like come october for ps3 ill be gutted

not only for ps3, its coming for all the systems...btw ps3 has the better version of it...now imagine the others.

I have to agree, the newer picture has alot nicer lighting, not as "bright" and intrusive. I can't wait to see recent gameplay videos.

@matherto and manu777: EARLY BETAS mates. Come October the game will be worth your quids. Hmmm... I'm leaving for 2-3 hours and when i'm back lets hope all this negativity vanishes. ;)

looks good so far.

can't wait to see a video of this.

i just hope it plays like a dream.

Mate, imagine the shirt on Ronaldinho`s body moving as he is running past defenders..it will be awsome!!

From WENB Blog (Thanks Adonis and Suffdaddy)

Which platform are these screen shots from?
The answer is next-gen platform i.e. any one of PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

They want us to emphasize that these are very early shots of the game that were taken a couple of months ago and are only teaser shots that aren't at high-resolution. They stress that the you will see a vast improvement over the next few months. They also highlight that to truly understand why this game is a next-gen version you will have to see it in full motion i.e. video.

Last edited:

I have to agree, the newer picture has alot nicer lighting, not as "bright" and intrusive. I can't wait to see recent gameplay videos.

That's because he took a bad pictures of the previous game.

Anyway all of this is very academic, but considering the little progress of the game through the last couple of years it is reasonable to think that we are a bit aggressive as we felt we have been squeezed for too long. But all this posting shows how excited we are about the new game.

But one thing is sure: you can't tell us you have been working on the game for 18 months and that's gonna be a true next gen and then give us this average thing and tell us "look it is just an early beta"......then wait one more month and give us the proper game footage. I do not buy anymore the "it is an early beta" story anymore.

Last edited:

IMO, the models look very good !!
My problem with these screenies is that a PS3 and X360 can do far far better in term of details...when you look at NFL games on next gen and PES there is a big hole between them.
But all of the guys who are positive are simply right...
What does the strength of our life game?
GAMEPLAY and I prefere the most realistic gameplay than every graphic based games !!
I must admit that if we have both, we have the ultimate game...
Ad in term of marketing, I think it's normal to keep some negative shit to bring every year something new :)

1476717651.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032416952.jpg

btw we dont even know what system version was those pics taken from.

you need to see how limited konami was with the power regarding the A.I. in previous parts on ps2 . if they improve massive in this department there might only be change for a lower standard next-gen graphics engine...i'd rather take the good gameplay!

would be awesome. + licenses now easier to get (world cup over 1 1/2 years when this is released)

please konami!

maybe these screens are from the 360 version and we aint seen the ps3 screens yet im hoping like last year they showed screens wich looked nothing like the game when it came out

maybe these screens are from the 360 version and we aint seen the ps3 screens yet im hoping

konami said ps3, 360 and pc will look the same..

No they're PS3, why does everyone expect the 1st PES game on PS3 to look so amazing?

Compare PES1 to PES5!

gonna be all the same.

and you have not seen this in motion yet, i can't see why all are so totally after graphics. this is a massive improvement over pes6 360...

I am sure that konami released the best thy have. wouldnt make any sense other way around

Thomas, thank you for posting the news from konami, i completely forgot to do it ;)

ThomasGOAL, ces personnes sont trop négatives vous ne pensent pas?

I'm just reading some of the comments on the blog, my personal opinion is that these screens are from the early beta. I would expect boots, kits, sock and among other things to look alot sharper.

With regards to what platform these screenies came from, we will push the Konami contact and see what he says or does. but right now no idea.

By the way what do i need to do to be able to post attachemnts in this forum? Sleep with someone????

maybe these screens are from the 360 version and we aint seen the ps3 screens yet im hoping like last year they showed screens wich looked nothing like the game when it came out
You're hoping real hard there. The graphics are not going to be different. People have forced themselves into thinking the PS3 version will be many times better than the 360 game.

Now if you mean last year's 360 game, I can completely see that.

IMO, the models look very good !!
My problem with these screenies is that a PS3 and X360 can do far far better in term of details...when you look at NFL games on next gen and PES there is a big hole between them.
But all of the guys who are positive are simply right...
What does the strength of our life game?
GAMEPLAY and I prefere the most realistic gameplay than every graphic based games !!
I must admit that if we have both, we have the ultimate game...
Ad in term of marketing, I think it's normal to keep some negative shit to bring every year something new :)

I agree in all the terms!!! Gameplay IS the substance of the game!!!

i think why most of us are disapointed is because ea have made a huge effort in building a new graphics engine and animation system and we was expecting konami to do the same for the ps3 xbox360

Still this "early beta version" has become the worst cliche' of the gaming industry. Everytime people are disappointed with some footage they come up with the early beta story.

Does anyone know if there's going to be a video tonight or was it just a joke?

suff / adonis

the person that you spoke to who played the game said it was significantly better in terms of gfx and gameplay.

does he have anything to say about these screens?

The only difference between these screens and the final game will be sponsoered/licenced boots. The graphics will look the same!

suff / adonis

the person that you spoke to who played the game said it was significantly better in terms of gfx and gameplay.

does he have anything to say about these screens?

adam is on the case kenny, we will report back with out findings if we get anything!

these player models shit all over the ones in fifa, the bodies actually look lifelike and not short orgs, shit you can see there muscles from under the shirt, that looks great! Im getting excited now!! Not about the muscles.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom