Uncharted 3

Got tomorrow booked off so I can hammer through it and then sell it on. Absolutely loved Uncharted 2 so really looking forward to this. Someone on Eurogamer finished it and said it took 8hrs 45mins, so a fair sized game!

Got tomorrow booked off so I can hammer through it and then sell it on. Absolutely loved Uncharted 2 so really looking forward to this. Someone on Eurogamer finished it and said it took 8hrs 45mins, so a fair sized game!

Uncharted 2 was utterly epic. I completed it 4 times, too. Hoping that this one has the same replay value. First complete was normal, then I went through again to get all the trophies with the unlimited guns and ammo, then on Hard, then on Crushing.

I was gonna re-do the second one before I got this but I remembered how bloody long it takes, seemingly never ended. That said it was absolutely brilliant so probably worth it.

Gamestation are doing a good deal at the minute, rang me up before and said that you can trade in any two games and they'll give you the value of them plus an extra fiver off the cost of U3.

I've had Deus Ex for a couple of months and still not even opened it out of the clear packaging so I'll probably trade that in with something else and get a bit off.

Got about an hour ago, will play it tonight when the girlfriend goes to bed :D

Only cost me £2.99 as I had £35 worth of Love2Shop vouchers for doing some survey thing, bargain! Can't wait, although I will probably play a bit of Fifa 12 Ultimate Team, Battlefield 3, before the majority of the time on Uncharted 3 haha, no work for 8 days thanks to holiday :D Perfect timing.

I've played about an hour or so and have to admit I'm a little disappointed.

I'm disappointed in that I won't be playing any other game now for a while! Even during the early levels you can see how jaw droppingly attractive this game is. Everything is so fluid and beautiful. Going to really enjoy this.

Think I'm on Act 6 or so. The level of detail is staggering. Even dust particles showing in the light. Don't think I've seen better graphics on a console game.

The reviews in Belgium said that the first part of the game was a litle bit disappointing (but only considering how good the second one was), but that the second half of the game is probably the best game ever...

I thought the first part was MUCH better than the second half. The last few stages were pretty annoying and not much fun, whereas I loved the first half.

A good game and all, but not close to how good Uncharted 2 was.

The checkpoints are really irritating at times and the whole 'you have to get from A to B... And look here, a series of handy ledges for you to grab and climb' is getting quite boring now.
It's still a great game and I'm glad I picked it up. But... It's not blown me away.

I think the next uncharted needs to be a more open game like assassins creed where you can get from A to B however you want. Though not set in a huge open city... Just offer more alternative paths and open sections.

Oh one other irritant, why do they insist on having some kind of silly enemy in these games? First zombie mutants, then those beasts and now the 'you know'. Really annoyed me.

Anyone else reckon they've made the aiming really clunky?

Seemingly hidden textures and things as well because at times I've lined up a headshot, definitely in the middle of the crosshairs and then it's done absolutely nothing when I've pulled the trigger.

They've made up for it with the improvements to the combat but I sense it'll catch up with me later on.

Also having a few moments where the textures don't load and it doesn't to me at least look as good as the second one, but perhaps I need to change the settings on my TV.

Still bloody good fun though and the story and characters are good so far.

It's an interactive movie... Not really a game...

I never feel like I'm fully in control of my actions. Arkham City and Assasins give me total freedom.

UC3 is a truly brilliant experience..... but not a brilliant game.

If that makes any sense???

I don't like they shootout parts. They just really drag.

I used to like the shooting a LOT in U1 and U2 but this just felt a bit ... annoying. Maybe dragged, like you say.

Have to agree with Rad about "those" enemies as well. Nearly had my pad launched a few times because of those.

Still though, it was way more fun than it was annoying. Probably an 8/10 from me.

It's a great interactive experience. Just like Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain were. 2 of my fav games on this generation. For deep gameplay you can grab Dark Souls and spend 100 hours on it, but to me both games offer me different experiences and I absolutely enjoy both!

I agree with that site about the difficulty spikes and small play sections. Very irritating. I don't
Mind the taunting though.

The game is pretty good for sure not a 10/10. Seems like the series peaked graphically with UC2. I don't know how many more of these I would be interested in playing though. Good not great.

This game was amazing! Just literally finished it!

I read that review, and I know exactly what it means, but I didn't mind that, was a challenge. Did actually get frustrated though haha, it was the grenades, then chucking them back, to then try and dodge the snipers and crap... but what really did grind my gears was the random appearance of the armoured enemies haha, always got me.

But yeah, really enjoyed it, the start was amazing, as was the middle, then wow the end haha emotional rollercoaster. I am not sure when this game hit it's peak in terms of graphics, as I swear the game just looked better and better as I went on, the early scenes were magnificant like in 2, but then the boat level appeared and looked amazing, then the desert level with the rocks and lighting even amazinger haha.

I was annoyed it ended :( but think that was due to the fact I am not too sure what actually happened between 2 and 3, regarding Elena and Drake (the ring etc), also kinda hoped would meet back up with Chloe and Cutter (think that was the British allies name).

The ending was different to the previous two though, well enemies wise, nothing out of the ordinary, most will know what I mean.

Made me want to start all the way back with one, and see how the relationship in characters unfold etc.

Think tomorrow will be a time to try Co-op missions and online, then back to some more BF3.

Back
Top Bottom