Uncharted 3

Platted a few days ago. Good news for those of you yet to try crushing - I found it a lot easier than UC2 and UC1. No real sticky points and no cheap bosses. Good game. Enjoying mp a lot too, particularly co-op.

This game is simply beautiful. I am enjoying it as I did the previous ones. My kids love watching me play this game for it's graphical glory. They keep saying that the game looks "so real!". The graphics in this game really put others to shame. I am slowly playing through it enjoying and absorbing every little bit of it's beauty.

Simply breath-taking.

I'm playing again on easy just doing crazy shit, exploring new ways to defeat enemies, get treasures etc, and its amazing how many animations Drake has, melee is awesome.
The first time I finished I went on Hard thinking I would have to play it to unlock Crushing, and playing mostly on cover just isn't the same, also its funny how many less bullets you need on Easy, its almost like real life, one well aimed shot they are down.
Replaying the game I can say its brilliant again but the focus was definitely not shooting, which I think it should be on the next one, everything else is nearly perfect how it is.

Replaying the game I can say its brilliant again but the focus was definitely not shooting, which I think it should be on the next one, everything else is nearly perfect how it is.

I think the game is not well balanced. There are almost no puzzles during the second half of the game whereas the first half is almost all about exploring.
It could have been better (more types of enemis maybe), but it's a great game and absolutely beautiful (the forest and desert :CONFUSE:), but not the best game I've played this year.
Also they changed something with the aiming, I didn't like it.

I think the game is not well balanced. There are almost no puzzles during the second half of the game whereas the first half is almost all about exploring.
It could have been better (more types of enemis maybe), but it's a great game and absolutely beautiful (the forest and desert :CONFUSE:), but not the best game I've played this year.
Also they changed something with the aiming, I didn't like it.

Oh yea, by saying the focus should be on shooting I meant change the system, not more shooting parts.
The way some enemies spawn is ridiculous, hit detection is lame and I agree the aim is weird.
My favorite part of U2 was when we faced both enemies at once, that and other sections kinda of gave you a choice of how you want to defeat your enemies, not by going stealth, but by taking alternate routes, stronger weapons were hidden and spwan wasn't cheap like it is in U3.
U2 felt more open (and better) in the shooting parts, but everything else on U3 was top notch (...oh except the story)
I agree is not a 10/10 but its a very good game maybe an 8 which is a good rate for me.

Any tips on chapter 21 on crushing difficulty?
This level is annoying. I had no problem with the 20 chapters before but the sandstorm is driving me crazy.
There's no cover, enemis can see you like the sandstorm did not exist (not fair) and there is a ton of powerful enemies.
I really want to succeed! I cant give up that far in the game.

Last edited:
Any tips on chapter 21 on crushing difficulty?
This level is annoying. I had no problem with the 20 chapters before but the sandstorm is driving me crazy.
There's no cover, enemis can see you like the sandstorm did not exist (not fair) and there is a ton of powerful enemies.
I really want to succeed! I cant give up that far in the game.

You mean 21 the Lost City one or 20 the Desert one?
This lad have some good tips and a nice accent, and he has all chapters in his channel
YouTube - Uncharted 3 - Crushing Difficulty Walkthrough -21- The Atlantis of The Sands
My personal tip, is patience is key, and always use stronger weapons tau pistol is beast.

Thanks sauce. That was chapter 20 indeed.
Taking my time and following the guy's guide I suceeded on my first attempt. Thanks.

Just got this for barely twenty quid, can't believe I took this long to get it because I loved the other two. I've breezed through the first six chapters or so, which feel a bit like a tutorial for the game, but I can't believe how beautiful the game looks. Absolutely stunning.

I'm loving the cinematic quality, and the humour in the scriptwriting too. I think it's a rare game that I'll finish then at some point go back and play again.

It might be more of the same but so far for me it's one of the best games I've ever played for pure entertainment.

Finished the game last night, it was stunning but, oddly, while I've never been bothered just how linear the Unchartered games are, by the end of 3 I was starting to notice it more and more above the amazing cinematics.

I presume the game looks so stunning precisely because the game is so linear, no way would a PS3 be able to replicate thatin an open-world game.

Either way, I still loved it. Was too short for my liking, but the bit with the desert and the plane has to be one of the best gaming set pieces I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom