Uncharted 3

Downloaded the beta trial, and just like Blur, Killzone 3 and Aliens vs Predator before them the MP demo doesn't work. It just hangs there unable to find any opponents. Which is shit. Not sure why this happens, the full games' MP works just fine, seems to just be betas and demos with the problems :(

mine works fine. I hate the lighting though. and i am crap at fps on line.

but it is surely a very enjoyble multiplayer. still this game is all about single player!

Downloaded the beta trial, and just like Blur, Killzone 3 and Aliens vs Predator before them the MP demo doesn't work. It just hangs there unable to find any opponents. Which is shit. Not sure why this happens, the full games' MP works just fine, seems to just be betas and demos with the problems :(

I had the exact same problem. Then 2 days later I started it again and could enter a party and play about 1 hour without problems. Maybe there was an update that fixed this, but it also happened to me with the same games you mention. Strange... Maybe they use specific ports?

Maybe, it's a mystery to me. Thankfully though in my experience the issue has only ever been with demos of MP games. The full versions work just fine.

Has anyone else played the beta?

It takes a silly amount of bullets to kill someone.

Uncharted 2 was one of the most astonishing, incredible games that I've ever played, when people saw me play it they were awestruck by it, and the graphics on it, visually stunning on a HDTV, and it runs so well too.

Cannot wait for Uncharted 3, going to be jizztastic :o

Agreed. Games like Uncharted and God of War make me think "damn, this is what next-gen is all about". Colours were just stunning in places like temples.

That is exactly how I felt, when I first played the first Uncharted I was awe struck and was like, now this is truly next gen, graphics were beautiful, the animations life like, the characters were amazing, and the game play was fun.

I liked the unlock you could get in that which changed the colour palette, like their piss take one of next gen haha.

Number 2 was even better, loved it, some bad ass action events in that game, and was even more fun, number 3 is a must buy for me, love this franchise. In fact I had got rid of 1 and 2, but might re-buy cheap and play before number 3.

The desert temple pics look truly astonishing!

Absolutely cannot wait for this. Still amazed by the level of detail and dialogue in the first 2 games.

Already game of the year for me, its amazing how the Uncharted series of games give you a sense of cinematic immersion like no other (something to do with Sony possibly?)

Also loving the fact combat has been evolved a bit and you can now 'pistol whip' enemies.

Last edited:
Absolutely cannot wait for this. Still amazed by the level of detail and dialogue in the first 2 games.

Already game of the year for me, its amazing how the Uncharted series of games give you a sense of cinematic immersion like no other (something to do with Sony possibly?)

Also loving the fact combat has been evolved a bit and you can now 'pistol whip' enemies.

You could be right, but already proclaiming it game of the year when you haven't actually played the final build is a tad optimistic, no?

You could be right, but already proclaiming it game of the year when you haven't actually played the final build is a tad optimistic, no?

True but I was completely blown away by these games in the past. When I first heard of the Uncharted series, I was thinking 'oh here we go, another p*ss poor Tomb Raider knock-off' but Sony and Naughty Dog for me created a real marquee masterpiece for the PS3.

I think these days, it is about exclusivity and don't get me wrong, Microsoft and XBOX360 have set the bar with Gears of War 3 and the series in general, but I think the Uncharted series have really raised the bar with UC1 and UC2 for Sony and Playstation.

Maybe its because I've been a Sony 'fanboy' all my life. I do have an XBOX 360 (simply to play exclusives such as the Gears series and the Forza series but its always a secondary console for me.

In terms of Game of the Year, it will probably go to the likes of MW3 or BF3, possibly RAGE but the UC games for me are the kind of games I could play over and over without it getting boring. That is why its a GOTY contender for me (along with Batman: AC).

I'm an old fashioned kind of gamer who only plays for the SP campaign rather than MP online.

Please excuse the rant.

Last edited:
^ For games like Uncharted, I'm a campaign player, too.

Infact, there's only Battlefield I'll really play online.

Tbh I've loved the last 2 games, but I'm hoping there ain't gonna be too many more on the horizon, I loved Tomb Raider, but tbh I ditched after the Angel of Darkness I'm sure it was.

Don't want the same thing churned out year after year, guy has a magical stone that can change the world, guy has a jewel that can bring back demons, blah blah blah.

After a while, it's just the plain old shite really.

FD

Especially love the 2nd one, as it was my first ps3 game. I do hope that they tone down the combat a little bit and focus some more on puzzles and platforming. In any case it's a must buy for me.

Tbh I've loved the last 2 games, but I'm hoping there ain't gonna be too many more on the horizon, I loved Tomb Raider, but tbh I ditched after the Angel of Darkness I'm sure it was.

Don't want the same thing churned out year after year, guy has a magical stone that can change the world, guy has a jewel that can bring back demons, blah blah blah.

After a while, it's just the plain old shite really.

FD

3 is gonna be the last one. TBH with the exception of the zombie nonsense I liked 1 a bit better than 2. Might have been the newness of it all.

The zombie stuff in 1 pissed me off tbh, didn't think it was needed at all and made the game poorer for it. Fortunatly it was only a very small part of the game. 2nd one was a lot better imo.

Back
Top Bottom