Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

Seems to be a dry-up of people selling this on AVForums so I'm just going to go and buy the 360 version from Asda on my lunch.

Played the demo a bit more last night, so many moves and styles, going to be hard to remember much :(

:LOL: There is I suppose, but you get used to it. I'm still learning to be honest. Though I can dominate most fights on the ground and that's where I prefer to take my fights :)).

You don't need websites, you need me.

;)) Hehe, no haven't found any yet, but I will be looking for some during my lunch hour today as I really need to learn how to get out of cunting muay thai clinches. The basics (transitions, stand up etc) I learnt from Coopz and the in game tutorial, and the advanced (reversals, sweeps, rubber guard, etc) stuff I have learned from experience and fighting good opponents, like that guy I mentioned earlier who taught me some of it.

Nice one mate :TU:

I was messing around trying to learn buttons last night and did an LB kick with Lidell, completely smashed into Rua's head and he went out like a light :LOL:

Loved it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, been reading around about the muay thai clinch. It seems the way to escape it is to push the right analogue stick in the opposite direction to which they try and whip you. So if they try and whip you backwards for a knee, then you move RS forwards and that will escape. Holding RB will block head knees and RT will block body knees, but I knew that. Apparantly, this isn't confirmed, you can catch body knee attempts by pushing the RS down with the right timing and get a takedown of your own.

Will try it out tonight and tomorrow and let you know my results.

Well, had one fight last night where the oppo got me in muay thai clinch, did I manage to get out of it? Did I buggery.

Everything else has counters, and ways to escape, but they've made the muay thai clinch way too powerful and it ruins the game :((.

I definitely disapprove of the muay thai clinch. It feels like there HAS to be a logical way to escape, but no one has seemed to found it yet.

I get out of it OK

I cant remember exactly how though, i think its just by pulling the opposite direction to which they pull you

Timing is crucial

I get out of it OK

I cant remember exactly how though, i think its just by pulling the opposite direction to which they pull you

Timing is crucial
I was trying the opposite direction but it just doesn't work. Once they start a knee to head or body there's nothing you can do. And they are so powerful too. Basically if you get in one, you're fucked.

You can get a takedown from a knee to the body, as Coopz says it's all about timing though. But this takedown is SUPER effective against the MT clinch.

In general though just watch carefully the techniques he uses and counter them at the right time. Otherwise spam your punch buttons and pull away with the left stick.

I think I'm going to try and go through Career Mode making more fighters to use online, real fighters. For example I think I'll create Dan Hardy first and go through Career Mode and make his stats realistic (around about 85 overall, not like the 115 twats), then keep him to use as another fighter for online fights :)).

I think I'm going to try and go through Career Mode making more fighters to use online, real fighters. For example I think I'll create Dan Hardy first and go through Career Mode and make his stats realistic (around about 85 overall, not like the 115 twats), then keep him to use as another fighter for online fights :)).

I tried to do that and create Nick Diaz but i got bored about 3 years into the career plus i couldn't get it to look like him so it was pointless

If they had no names on you would have no idea who they were

Its not the guy who made them's fault its the shitty editor

frank.jpg
shamrock.jpg

soszynski.jpg
Krzysztof-Soszysnki.jpg

barnett.jpg
josh002.jpg

Yeah the editor is pretty bad. The best I've seen was in Saints Row 2, check out marcusgarlick's channel on YouTube, some awesome ones on there. I only wish he did UFC ones.

Game arrived this morning, pretty pleased with the service :)

Girlfriend is out on a night out tonight so going to get some UFC'ing in and get some beers to drink in between rounds :D

Quality! Did you get it on 360 in the end Dags? My missus is also out tonight so I can have an Xbox night :COOL:. Maybe catch you around?

Also, I made Dan Hardy last night, and without even having to do a fight in career mode his overall rating is 86! Which is about what he is in real life. So I think I'll just make a few more fighters because judging by this one, you don't even need to do career mode you just need to create them with realistic stats and then you will have loads more real fighters in your roster :)).

360 mate, yep. Probably not worth me fighting you tonight tho, you'd kill me within seconds :LOL:

Nah, maybe we can do a fight or two and you can do a "Coopz" and show me the ropes :)

Back
Top Bottom