Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

Yeh I love the fact their isn't a one fighter that everyone picks, Its all about picking the fighter for the gameplan your going to go with.

EA Sports boss Peter Moore has unveiled the company's next big sports franchise - MMA.
That stands for Mixed Martial Arts, don't you know. It was announced at EA's E3 press conference, but there was no word on release date or platforms.
Moore did promise "an authentic and broad mixed martial arts experience". He was standing in front of a funky logo and a picture of a man's muscly back, complete with tattoo. "We are more than ready for the fight," said Moore.

Well he pretty much confirmed that they'd be doing an MMA game a few weeks back in an FNR4 interview for GTTV (which the pricks got suspended from my YT account) :)

I really doubt it would be official UFC if they don't have it in the title. They're probably aiming for it though later on.

Didn't he say it was going to be released next year? Maybe I dreamt that.

Would this EA game be official UFC like this one is?

EA may try and sign up multiple licences with Strikforce, Affliction, Pancrase, Shooto, Dream and World Victory Road etc or they could just try and sign deals with the fighters themselves.

EA are in a good postion as there is plenty of top quality fighters outside of the UFC. They could have a great roster licensed or unlicensed as long as they give us a great edit/CAF mode.

I've gone a bit poo lately. Though I suppose it's not that bad, I'm winning as much as I'm losing. My wins is still about 10 more than losses. Every few days I go back to the tutorial and learn some new moves. It's very handy as first of all I really improved my ground game, and now I am working on clinches. Clinches are very effective as if you can execute a strong throw, (LB + RS up, down, left or right), it takes a lot off your opponent's stamina. However they are risky as if they are reversed then you can end up with your opponent in a full mount on you.

I still need to protect myself more :BRICK:

Maybe me typing it like that will actually make me remember. I've got a good ground game and ground and pound, but too often I am just getting caught by big punches and kicks when stood up, which takes away my advantage. I am level 35 now I think, and usually get matched up with people between 32-38, (the matchmaking system is very good I think), and we have very close fights, either a flash KO, decision or submission winning them. Sometimes I get matched up against a lot lower ranked opponent, Level 1-8, and I find I can just bully them and viciously ground and pound then get in a full mount and finish with a KO.

update on the EA MMA game. It is being developed by Tiburon, these are are the people who develop the Madden series.

Also Randy Couture will be in the EA game and do not be surprised if there is other UFC fighters also. Last November we saw Dana White and the UFC ask its fighters to sign to sign away their exclusive lifetime rights. UFC were worried about the EA game and promised THQ exclusive rights without actually getting all the exclusive rights from all its fighters. I am not sure which fighters refused to sign away there rights but UFC will not be able to stop any fighter appearing in the EA game if they didnt sign away there lifetime rights.

rumored fighters already signed to EA Sports MMA:

Fedor Emelianenko
Randy Couture
Frank Trigg
Frank Shamrock
Gina Carano (possibly)
Gegard Mousasi (possibly)

Fedor is going to EA Sports for a photoshoot this week with Mousasi. Frank Trigg is said to already be signed by EA along with Frank Shamrock.

Last edited:
Just had a great fight which ended up with me knocking my opponent out with about 5 seconds left in Round 3! I dominated the fight as Matt Hughes against GSP. I mainly kept it on the ground and did quite a lot of ground & pound on him. Got a few wrestling takedowns in too. I rocked him about 3 times in the final round and knocked him down twice, all through punches. It started when I was in half guard and hit him with a left to the face. I started swinging for him and he took me down twice, the second one with about 20 seconds left. I got up and out of it and knew he would throw a few headkicks so I blocked the first one and then immediately swung a big right hook which hit him on the chin as he was trying to go for another headkick.

Bang. Instant KO :)).

Also had a fight before that where the tosser opponent quit during the 2nd round when I got in a full mount. So I sent him a message calling him a cheating cunt. He replied saying don't play such a sad game then. I was like you what? I was beating you up mate. He replied saying I was boring because I kept blocking his transitions :LOL:. I messages back saying I got you in full mount and you quit you pussy. And then blocked communications :SMUG:.

2009-24.jpg

Ruddy hell I just done that to some poor bastard online in 3 mins 24 seconds!

Just had a unranked match and subbed the guy in a minute, then had a rematch which i was subbing him again until he quit

I sent him a message and he sent back

"just makin sure u dont get the win gaylord"

Some people really can fuck up games online, quitting a unranked match as well is pathetic. If he had just let the game go on within a minute he would be playing another instead he had to load it up again all for nothing :LOL:

edit: I sent him one back saying it wasnt a ranked match anyway so i wasnt fussed and it was like taking candy from a baby, he replied with "Dont flatter yourself" and i bit more i forgot to which i replied "I aint, you were really shit. Keep ya chin up anyway son and dont forget that guide button in the middle you will need it"

This is quite entertaining :)

Last edited:
You don't get the win anyway as it's unranked :LOL:. I've had loads of dickheads quitting recently :BRICK:. Mostly when they tap out they just quit, but there's a few as well that have quit when I've got them in a full mount. It's pathetic ffs. How THQ released the game like this is a complete joke.

Muay Thai fighters are crap. Though the muay thai clinch is deadly when someone gets me in it. I had someone in it earlier and couldn't do anything!!! I was Shogun Rua and just got my ass kicked. Gonna stick to boxing / wrestling / BJJ fighters from now on :)).

OMG Just had an incredible fight! My opponent was Level 90 :CONFUSE:. I am Level 57. I checked his record and he had 344 wins and 143 losses, so I knew he wasn't going to quit if I won, so I went ahead and played the match. Welterweight fight, I was Matt Hughes and he was Sean Sherk. I thought, "Well I'm not going to win this, but he's a good fighter and hopefully I can learn from him". In to round 1 we go...

Quite cagey, trying to feel each other out I guess. I caught him with a nice left hook to start things off. It didn't take long for it to go to ground after a nice throw from me. It was very cat and mouse on the ground too, with me just having the better of the first round in my opinion.

2nd Round was more of the same really, I got into a full mount but failed to really cause much damage. A few more throws from me and him and then he worked his way into a full mount, but I rolled out of it after a few tries. However doing this left my stamina a bit drained, and as I rolled out he had my back and went for a rear naked choke. It was locked in very tight, he locked it in with about 20 seconds left on the clock. I just tried desperately to hold on.... my stamina was completely drained and I just kept hanging on, and then.... the horn sounded for the end of Round 2! Wow, how lucky am I, completely saved by the bell.

Round 3 then, and it's a bit of stand up, and then he gets me in a clinch, he goes for a throw but I reverse it into a guillotine choke! It's locked in deep as his head was right out going for the throw, I get my legs round his body and lean right back, he has no choice but to tap out and I win! Amazing stuff, I went up from 57 to 59 just from that fight!

I love this game :)).

Last edited:
I had my first flash sub last night similar to yours

Cant remember who i was but he was GSP and he was having the better of the fight (my energy was low) then out came a flash sub for the win late in the second round :LOL:

If the fight had of gone on i would have definitely lost so it has to be one of the best finishes i have done :)

Oh and there is another way to flash sub, you have to press the sub button as soon as you turn there screen grey and the stamina wont come into effect

Flash subs are seriously dangerous. Every time I've had one locked in, they've tapped! When you say as you turn their screen grey, do you mean when you've rocked them from a good punch or two? Or when there stamina bar is grey?

The rocked grey screen

Its only useful when your on the ground because you cant get on them quick enough for a sub when you put them down from standing

THQ have only just said officially they are making one so i doubt we will see it till the end of the month at least

Getting this from ShopTo, going to cost me £18.95 delivered :D

Edit: Bloody ShopTo wont let me change my delivery address to my work because I haven't placed two orders apparantly (I've ordered loads from them before) so I'm assuming it's since they deleted everyones card details recently.

Probably wont bother for now then as nobody is home to sign for the game tomorrow anyway so I'll leave it. It just means the postman wont actually get around to leaving it in the sorting office until Monday and can't be arsed waiting nearly a week to play a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
:LOL:

It's a good job you didn't get it as I would have had to knock you out for telling an anecdote like that! ;))

THQ has put up a post about the problems they are working on fixing via a patch. No word on when the patch will be released but here is what they are aware of.

* We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.

* We've adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we've seen to date.

* We've adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.

* We've adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.

* We've increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we've increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.

* We've lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.

* We've removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.

* We've addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.

* For PS3 users we've also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.

---------

Sounds good enough to make me pick this back up again on the cheap once Fight Night 4 becomes dull.

Back
Top Bottom