Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

I will probably end up getting it now, especially with retailers such as ShopTo and Play.com doing it on discount.

I can finally play ranked matches again when it comes out

I would have hit 150 wins if the fuckers didn't cheat in ranked

Sounds good :)). Less flash KO's is a bit disappointing though, as I think it's very well balanced with real life. I still play ranked matches anyway, have some great fights as well as the odd nobhead who quits.

UFC president Dana White says EA Sports responsible for current MMA video game war

John Morgan, MMAjunkie.com 4 hours, 35 minutes ago

UFC president Dana White has a simple message for fighters dreaming of competing in the world-famous octagon: Don't do business with EA Sports.

In an edict that started as a rumor on internet message boards, White stated after Saturday's historic UFC 100 event that he was "at war" with the popular video-game developers and that those that side with EA Sports will find themselves out of the UFC's good graces.

But perhaps surprising to some, White insists it was EA Sports that fired the first salvo in the still-developing controversy.

"It's easy to sit on the other side of the table and judge me on how I react to stuff like this," White said. "But let me tell you what I've been in the trenches for almost 10 years, and I've been dealing with all these businesses, and EA was one of them."

EA Sports holds the publishing rights for several of the market's most successful sports-related video games, including the Madden NFL, FIFA, NASCAR and Tiger Woods PGA series. White said the UFC had hoped to join the ranks of those titles, but the California-based EA Sports declined to discuss the possibility.

"EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport,'" White said. "'We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'"

With EA Sports passing on the rights to the UFC's video game license, rival software company THQ elected to partner with mixed martial arts' biggest promotion. The company's first effort, "UFC Undisputed 2009," has shipped approximately 2 million units since its May release according to White, and the fiery exec is upset that EA Sports is now changing their tune with the recent announcement of a forthcoming "EA Sports MMA" title.

"We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world," White said. "We go out there and do this thing, and it's successful, and now [expletive] EA Sports wants to do a video game. Really? That's not what you told us a year-and-a-half ago.

"You told us you'd never be in business with us. They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them. This wasn't a real sport. Boy, they got over that real quick, didn't they?"

White views EA Sports' tactics with obvious disapproval, and he's made it clear that any fighter who signs over their likeness to the new project will be blacklisted from the UFC.

"I'm not tap-dancing around this thing or whatever," White said. "I'm telling you straight-up, I'm at war with them right now. That's how I look at it."

While former UFC champion and currently contracted UFC fighter Randy Couture is expected to appear in the EA Sports offering a matter White says the company worked through with "The Natural" during a recent court appearance the UFC president said not to expect that trend to continue.

"You won't be in the UFC," White said about additional fighters who sign with EA Sports.

Despite reports that Nick Diaz, Mohammed "King Mo" Lawal, Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Jake Shields all potential targets to fight for the UFC in the future have agreed to appear in the EA Sports title, White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he's not sure who the software company has secured for the upcoming MMA game.

But White remains firm in his decision, and he believes he's doing it for the right reasons.

"You know what the difference is?" White asked. "I'm in the mixed martial arts business. EA isn't.

"EA doesn't give a [expletive] about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear."

John Morgan is the lead staff reporter for MMAjunkie.com.

Check out more UFC News at MMAjunkie.com. This story originally appeared on MMAjunkie.com and is syndicated on Yahoo! Sports as part of a content-partnership deal between the two sites.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_y...a_White_on_EA_Sports&prov=mmajunkie&type=lgns

I'm getting more dangerous with Muay Thai fighters :)). Just got to total domination and KOs with Thiago Alves and then Kenny Florian. Both from brutal headkicks. The first was only after 77 seconds of the fight. Did some damage to him from the muay thai clinch with knees, then caught him square and KOd him straight out with a left headkick. Second was in the second round, I could have subbed him in the first round from a flash guillotine but decided to let go and I knew I could KO him. I hit him with about 3 headkicks in a row and the last one he went for a punch and ducked his head right into it and it was my knee that actually caught him right in the face and lights out.

UFC president Dana White says EA Sports responsible for current MMA video game war

John Morgan, MMAjunkie.com 4 hours, 35 minutes ago

UFC president Dana White has a simple message for fighters dreaming of competing in the world-famous octagon: Don't do business with EA Sports.

In an edict that started as a rumor on internet message boards, White stated after Saturday's historic UFC 100 event that he was "at war" with the popular video-game developers and that those that side with EA Sports will find themselves out of the UFC's good graces.

But perhaps surprising to some, White insists it was EA Sports that fired the first salvo in the still-developing controversy.

"It's easy to sit on the other side of the table and judge me on how I react to stuff like this," White said. "But let me tell you what I've been in the trenches for almost 10 years, and I've been dealing with all these businesses, and EA was one of them."

EA Sports holds the publishing rights for several of the market's most successful sports-related video games, including the Madden NFL, FIFA, NASCAR and Tiger Woods PGA series. White said the UFC had hoped to join the ranks of those titles, but the California-based EA Sports declined to discuss the possibility.

"EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport,'" White said. "'We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'"

With EA Sports passing on the rights to the UFC's video game license, rival software company THQ elected to partner with mixed martial arts' biggest promotion. The company's first effort, "UFC Undisputed 2009," has shipped approximately 2 million units since its May release according to White, and the fiery exec is upset that EA Sports is now changing their tune with the recent announcement of a forthcoming "EA Sports MMA" title.

"We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world," White said. "We go out there and do this thing, and it's successful, and now [expletive] EA Sports wants to do a video game. Really? That's not what you told us a year-and-a-half ago.

"You told us you'd never be in business with us. They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them. This wasn't a real sport. Boy, they got over that real quick, didn't they?"

White views EA Sports' tactics with obvious disapproval, and he's made it clear that any fighter who signs over their likeness to the new project will be blacklisted from the UFC.

"I'm not tap-dancing around this thing or whatever," White said. "I'm telling you straight-up, I'm at war with them right now. That's how I look at it."

While former UFC champion and currently contracted UFC fighter Randy Couture is expected to appear in the EA Sports offering a matter White says the company worked through with "The Natural" during a recent court appearance the UFC president said not to expect that trend to continue.

"You won't be in the UFC," White said about additional fighters who sign with EA Sports.

Despite reports that Nick Diaz, Mohammed "King Mo" Lawal, Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Jake Shields all potential targets to fight for the UFC in the future have agreed to appear in the EA Sports title, White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he's not sure who the software company has secured for the upcoming MMA game.

But White remains firm in his decision, and he believes he's doing it for the right reasons.

"You know what the difference is?" White asked. "I'm in the mixed martial arts business. EA isn't.

"EA doesn't give a [expletive] about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear."

John Morgan is the lead staff reporter for MMAjunkie.com.

Check out more UFC News at MMAjunkie.com. This story originally appeared on MMAjunkie.com and is syndicated on Yahoo! Sports as part of a content-partnership deal between the two sites.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_y...a_White_on_EA_Sports&prov=mmajunkie&type=lgns

Haha that's what Dana was on about on twitter! :APPLAUD:

I love listening to Dana's comments, I know he's principled and strong willed, which may seem like he's a dick to some, but I respect him more for being honest, after all he is a big part of the UFC's success.

Also got a KO last night which I'm proud of. It was in the second round, during the course of the fight I'd noticed he liked to shoot for the takedown a lot, so in the second round I thought, right that's it nex time he goes for one I'm gonna attack. I bided my time and just stayed out of reach. Then I saw him start to go for one and I thought - NOW! Just as his head was coming in low I thrust forward and kneed him straight in the face. Bang, KO. His mouthpiece dropped onto the floor and his body went back across the canvas about 3 yards!

I love it how some fights are stand up battles, some fights go to the ground and stay there and some are a complete mix. Just like real life :)).

FUCKS SAKE. I'M FIGHTING LIKE THE BIGGEST CUNT OUT THERE LATELY. GOT FUCKING KO'D BY A GUY WHO WAS IN HIS FIRST ONLINE FUCKING FIGHT. THEN KEEP COMING ACROSS CUNTS WHERE I CAN'T DO ANYFUCKINGTHING AGAINST THEM AND DO NO DAMAGE FFS.

I think you're right there. After a week and a half all hell will be unleashed inside the octagon. I'm still pissed off about last night.

FUCKS SAKE. I'M FIGHTING LIKE THE BIGGEST CUNT OUT THERE LATELY. GOT FUCKING KO'D BY A GUY WHO WAS IN HIS FIRST ONLINE FUCKING FIGHT. THEN KEEP COMING ACROSS CUNTS WHERE I CAN'T DO ANYFUCKINGTHING AGAINST THEM AND DO NO DAMAGE FFS.

rage.jpg

I will keep this thread ticking along then if no one else will ;)). Maybe none of you still play this?

Anyway, I was up and showered by 7:15am this morning so had some time to spare and thought what better way to start the day than by knocking the shit out of somebody? Got a match and first of all he picked Houston Alexander, so I picked Chuck Liddell as I'd been having some quality fights with him lately, then the other guy switched to Lyoto Machida - didn't make a difference to me, so we started.

First round I was just hanging back and picking him off when he came forward. Landed some lovely head kicks and superman punches. Also mixed it up with a number of takedowns too, most of which resulted in me picking him up and slamming him when I'd taken him down.

Second round was more on the ground with me in total control and dominating with transition reversals, transitions and some brutal ground and pound - punches, knees, hammer fists. At the end of the round I rocked him with a hammer fist from full guard.

Third round and he comes running out toward me and goes for a takedown, I saw it coming and kneed him straight in the face as he dropped himself down going for the takedown. KO'd him after 8 seconds of round 3. I finished the fight with the "no injuries" medal.

Also had some great fights last night, getting KOs from headkicks, mount punches and one from a vicious elbow from the full guard.

I had a fight on Friday night where this guy absolutely kicked my arse. Literally, everything I tried he reversed. I sent him a message after the fight saying he was insanely good and could he give me a few tips for reversals. To be fair to him he invited me to a party chat and unranked match and just showed me how to time reversals and what to look for. Since then I've been reversing like nobodies business and it's WELL worth knowing. Reversals get you into such advantageous positions from potentially dangerous ones.

Last edited:
Cheers Rad :TU:

Not sure which console to get it for really. I like both controllers as much as each other, there's no difference between the versions so I guess I'll just get whatever I can get cheapest.

I need to learn reversals

keep going 12-9 on the analogue, no good when dicks hold back on the analogue though makes it near impossible to get em off, this should also be resolved in the patch thats never gonna get to us.

I can do transitions fine just i don't know when to time reversals

I'll give you a lesson if you want, Coopz :SMUG:.

Nah it's actually quite easy, you just gotta keep trying and not be afraid to try it. Most of the time it's just about guessing when your oppo is going to try a transition and flicking the right stick to the right. Some positions if you lay still you can see when your oppo initially moves to try a transition then if you're reactions are super quick you can reverse this way. But as I said most of the time it's about outguessing you're opponent. Well worth learning them though, they're awesome.

Randy Couture and Fedor Emelianenko tapped up for EA’s MMA game

When EA announced that they were to produce an MMA game as an alternative to THQ’s UFC 2009 Undisputed, the potential for success was called into question due to the amount of fighters signed to THQ’s game, but a couple of choice names could see the title sky rocket.

Speaking to MMAWorldwide, Benji Radach speaks about his involvement in the game, and the people he will be working with in the development of the game.

“I’m going to be in a new game that EA is putting out. It’s an alternate MMA program to what THQ has done with the UFC. I’m going to be in it along with Randy (Couture), Fedor (Emelianenko) and a number of others. I start that in August. It’s gonna be pretty sick!”

The full roster for the game is not yet known, but there is potential for a lot top fighters to be included. Possible standouts could be Takanori Gomi, Robbie Lawlor, Alistair Overeem and Jake Shields.

By Rory Logan

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/randy and fedor in EA's game.html

Back
Top Bottom