Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

Quality! Did you get it on 360 in the end Dags? My missus is also out tonight so I can have an Xbox night :COOL:. Maybe catch you around?

Also, I made Dan Hardy last night, and without even having to do a fight in career mode his overall rating is 86! Which is about what he is in real life. So I think I'll just make a few more fighters because judging by this one, you don't even need to do career mode you just need to create them with realistic stats and then you will have loads more real fighters in your roster :)).

Oops

You have gone through the wrong thing mate

You need to do CAF from within the career mode to use them online and the stats will drop to a max of 30 on each to start with

I don't even think you can import them over to career if you made them with the other CAF so you may have to start all over again

No it's fine Coopz, I've used him online twice last night already! Won both by KO too, first from a flying knee and second from a knee to the head from muay thai clinch :)).

How do I create a fighter to use in the career mode then? I remember people saying it wasn't as simple as selecting career mode and there's a CAF option?

Dags you can either create a fighter first and copy it when you start a new career or create one from scratch there and then. If you copy a created one though you'll have to do your stats again, as you have to build them up throughout your career.

If anyone is interested I can post up the stats for Dan Hardy and Clay Guida? I tried to make them as realistic as possible from what I have seen / heard about them.

Right, I've done some testing and you CANNOT catch knees from the Muay Thai whip. You can catch normal knees from a muay thai clinch. But if you're in the clinch and they whip you then do the powerful knee, you cannot catch it.

It's WAY too fucking hard to get out of submissions. Rotating the stick or hammering buttons, nothing bloody works :BRICK:

I've hit a wall now. I keep coming up against Thales Leites and it doesn't matter what I do, he always seems to get full mount on me I'm finished, there's no real way out of it as trying to transition out then puts him with back control and transitioning again takes you back to full mount :CURSE:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just had a quick few ranked games. Lost both via submission :LOL: Both were quite laggy as well. Dunno if it was my fault or what, but I couldn't do a lot of stuff.

Dags, unranked match?

Just did an exhibition with Nate Marquet and beat Leites easily. I guess I need to improve my CAF stats or something.

I think you had the first round there, my corner was telling me I had to come out and take the fight to you. I think you scored from those combos you hit me with but I got a few takedowns and pounded a bit. Would've been interesting to see how it went.

Good fight tho.

Don't throw as many strikes, mate. It made you quite easy to get a takedown on you as I knew you'd strike a lot so I waited til you'd thrown one into thin air and launched at you.

Like I said on the 360 message, see if Coopz or Tim can give you a game. Tim taught me some good stuff last night and it's worth taking their tips :)

Probably tomorrow night Stu. If I'm on tonight it will just be for a few ranked games. I was on fire last night, one guy even messaged me after our fight compliment me on my reversals and ground skills :)).

So I go to start my Ranked Matches ... first guy is a custom 6'6" fighter with an 81" reach on him :ROLL:

I hate online against randoms.

Dags, don't play against custom fighters unless they are proper UFC fighters, and BE SURE to check their overall rating and stats before you start, do this by pressing X in the select fighter screen to see stats. And RB/LB to cycle through their win / loss record. If the wins are miles higher than losses then they obvious are quitters so don't bother playing them.

I have had some great fights online, especially last night where my 12 fight win streak was in serious jeopardy, I was getting beat up bad. He was Brock Lesnar and I was Gonzaga - then with 30 seconds left in round 3 I got a kimura and frantically tried to lock it in. With about 17 seconds left in the fight he tapped out! 13 in a row :)).

Online is awesome in this game

Just make sure you put UFC only when searching or creating a game though and you may wanna play unranked to get practice and stop quitters till the patch comes out

The game is pissing me off no end now. Easy to beat anyone ranked under 10th in the career but as soon as they're ranked 10th or higher, they become some kind of submission god and it's impossible to get even close to beating them (even tho my stats are mostly maxed to the 70's now).

Doing my fucking head in, frankly. And you get pissed off so want to get straight back in, but have to wait ages for the long loading times just to get back to a menu, then all the pissing about with the calender and more loading times :BRICK:

Back
Top Bottom