UEFA Cup 2007/2008 [First Qualify]

Mbo Mpenza's problem is that he wants to play upfront...he is not a striker...he's no goal getter...
He's at his best as a winger or (even better) side midfielder...i still remember how much Roberto Carlos suffered against him in the 2002 WC...that was the great Mbo Mpenza...
he's better as a striker than serhat akin who's a winger or a second top in my mind .

I feel sorry for Anderlecht. I'm always rooting for Belgium teams. The ref killed the game, though.

Whoa! I didn't expect Farfan to play that well. Or were the Spurs just that bad? Spurs' defense is really bad. And what a debut for Gilberto. Yellow card and a mistake that lead to the goal. We (PSV) will defeat Tottenham in Eindhoven, too.

Unless some kind of miracle happens tonight I can't see us going through. We've been disgraceful and to be honest I just want us to play good football and act like a professional team for once.

What a feckin great game between HSV and Leverkusen.

It's 3:2 10 minutes before the final whistle. Let's get it on!

Don't know why Skibbe didn't switch to more defensive tactics after the 1:2 though. There was (and is) no need to attack, now they're in trouble.

I don't think there will be a "next one" but congrats Zenit. All the teams are warned now and have to score a maximum before playing on the horrible pitch.

Thanks for beating us, the team was too confident (already against Spartak). Maybe it's a good sign for the rest of our season. It's better to lose now than in the league where we need the maximum points we can get.

You're not a very impressive team but the heart is here and it's the most important thing in this competition so I hope you do well next round.

Last edited:
Zenit again in 1/8 UEFA Cup :)

Woohoo Zenit! Well done lads! :TU:

Au revoir Marseille!

cissebored.jpg

:LOL:

I don't think there will be a "next one" but congrats Zenit. All the teams are warned now and have to score a maximum before playing on the horrible pitch.

Thanks for beating us, the team was too confident (already against Spartak). Maybe it's a good sign for the rest of our season. It's better to lose now than in the league where we need the maximum points we can get.

You're not a very impressive team but the heart is here and it's the most important thing in this competition so I hope you do well next round.
don't forget their season is just about to start and that they won't lack rythm when they will play the next round(s) .

Quarter-Final
Bayer Leverkusen - Zenit
Glasgow Rangers - Sporting
Bayern Munich - Getafe
Fiorentina - PSV

Semi-Final
Bayer Leverkusen/Zenit - Bayern Munich/Getafe
Glasgow Rangers/Sporting - Fiorentina/PSV

Last edited:
Rangers - Sporting

It will be a hard game for us, but i think that we can make it...

Go Sporting!

Uefa Cup goes to the last 8.

my predicts for today, and maybe the second matches:

Bayer Leverkusen - Zenit
Glasgow Rangers - Sporting
Bayern Munich - Getafe
Fiorentina - PSV

Zenit were sensational, they are the form team of Europe at the moment, they play a great passing game with lots of pace down the wing, I can see them winning it!

Does anybody have any idea about why Fatih Tekke is not playing? Who is the starting forwards for Zenit. I know Arshavin is one, but who is his playing mate?

At the moment they play Pavel Pogrebnyak in front and Arshavin behind as strikers. Pogrebnyak is record scorer in UEFA Cup this season, so it's hard to remove him from team.

I think Zenit team not for to Tekke. Cold city, language problems, there are very many injuries (main).
Sooner anything Tekke it will leave team in this summer and club wants buy new forward for CL, stronger than Pogrebnyak.

Back
Top Bottom