UEFA Cup 2007/2008 [First Qualify]

We are fucking shit. I'm deeply sorry for Nürnberg, they didn't deserve this.

I wish we had lost by 4 or 5.

That's exactly what I feel... I'm truely sorry for Nurnberg, which was clearly better than us over the two legs.. I'm sure Benfica is a better team but with this manager, playing this way......

Congrats to Nurnberg..you should have gone through! Good luck on Bundesliga ;)

Bugagaa great refery in Villa-Zenit only 3 red cards for Zenit ;) But ... Again OM. We have big problems in defence, Shkrtel and Hagen in EPL, Lombearts injury, Shirokov and Shirl red card but we try eliminated OM again :)

Cana and Niang will miss the 1st match too so I'm worried. I don't want to be eliminated again by Zenit. 1st leg is in Marseille, we better score 3 goals if we want to stay in the competition.

And Bordeaux fans can thanks Blanc for letting Cavenaghi on the bench during both legs.

Last edited:
This was the stupidest game I've ever seen, the worst team wins playing an awful game and getting 2 goals with players that came from the bench. Unbelievable.

oh and btw, as much as it hurts, still, it was a pleasure to see rui costa play. not that he was brilliant all the time, but he's got a special aura. and he had some brilliant moments. what a fantastic player.

Honestly, you guys deserved to pass, benfica can't run or start a play without it being started by an inspiration of Rui Costa. This is like making a formation around rui and players will play as he wants, which is fairly stupid. But, again, You deserved to be in the next stage more then benfica, just to show benfica how much they need to improve in gameplay.

thanks for the heads up. being respected by fans of one of the worlds biggest clubs really means something.

Congrats to Nuremberg! :applause: You deserved to win but we had some luck at the end. I really hope you can improve your position in Bundesliga. ;)

And Bordeaux fans can thanks Blanc for letting Cavenaghi on the bench during both legs.

I saw both matches against Anderlecht.
It's pretty clear that Bordeaux should be the better team, Anderlecht deserved to go through however.
This is one of the most arrogant teams i ever saw...Referee should have given at least 4 red cards for Bordeaux players yesterday....the way they treated Boussoufa over and over was a disgrace. Micoud's foul was horrendous, that alone was a triple red card...
And Laurent Blanc saying that match against Lille is much more important...i hope they loose against Lille...

Anderletch - B.Munique
Marselha - Zenit
B.Leverkusen - Hamburgo
Bolton - Sporting
Getafe - Benfica
Fiorentina - Everton
Tottenham - PSV
Rangers - W.Bremen

Here we come Bolton!

Go Sporting!\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/

HIF-PSV 1-2 = 1-4 on aggregate...

ahhh... we went out singing yesterday... We had two very good chances to level up but Henrik had been having some kind of flu before the game. Well Well. A good preparation for the Swedish League anyhow!

EVERTON 6 BRANN 1 (8-1) AGG

UEFA CUP FINAL 16...

last16.jpg

Final 16...

Thursday, 06 March 2008

Fiorentina v Everton
Rangers v Werder Bremen
Anderlecht v Bayern Munich
Bolton v Sporting Lisbon
Tottenham v PSV Eindhoven
Getafe v Benfica
Marseille v Zenit St Petersburg
Bayer Leverkusen v hamburg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, 13 March 2008
Benfica v Getafe
Bayern Munich v Anderlecht
Everton v Fiorentina
Hamburg v Bayer Leverkusen
PSV v Tottenham
Sporting v Bolton
Werder Bremen v Rangers
Zenit St Petersburg v Marseille

I saw both matches against Anderlecht.
It's pretty clear that Bordeaux should be the better team, Anderlecht deserved to go through however.
This is one of the most arrogant teams i ever saw...Referee should have given at least 4 red cards for Bordeaux players yesterday....the way they treated Boussoufa over and over was a disgrace. Micoud's foul was horrendous, that alone was a triple red card...
And Laurent Blanc saying that match against Lille is much more important...i hope they loose against Lille...

i dont know gerd, winning the league or winning the uefa cup.. probably a toss up dont you think?

EVERTON 6 BRANN 1 (8-1) AGG

UEFA CUP FINAL 16...

last16.jpg

Final 16...

Thursday, 06 March 2008

Fiorentina v Everton
Rangers v Werder Bremen
Anderlecht v Bayern Munich
Bolton v Sporting Lisbon
Tottenham v PSV Eindhoven
Getafe v Benfica
Marseille v Zenit St Petersburg
Bayer Leverkusen v hamburg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, 13 March 2008
Benfica v Getafe
Bayern Munich v Anderlecht
Everton v Fiorentina
Hamburg v Bayer Leverkusen
PSV v Tottenham
Sporting v Bolton
Werder Bremen v Rangers
Zenit St Petersburg v Marseille

leverkusen vs hamburg? huh that kind of blows.. but the rest look to be crackers, especailly everton v fiorentina! and PSV vs Spurs.. im rooting for marseille in this tourney

Unlucky Nürnberg I wish they could go throw the next round by 5 - 0.

What a shame for Benfica, looked like an amateur team...

I still wouldering what Léo, Nélson, Luís Filipe, Luisão and Nuno Assis are doing at Benfica? What a bunch of ballet pussys!

Unlucky Nürnberg I wish they could go throw the next round by 5 - 0.

What a shame for Benfica, looked like an amateur team...

I still wouldering what Léo, Nélson, Luís Filipe, Luisão and Nuno Assis are doing at Benfica? What a bunch of ballet pussys!

Easy mate easy! Léo and Luisão are good players. Nuno Assis isn't bad. The others two yes, they are crap!

Stupid ref and what a shame those Getafe players, doing dangerous tackles and diving all the time.

jesus everton had an off day , now thats a rare thing! we just didnt show up, shame too , fully expect everton to go through to next round , we shall do them 3 or 4 nil at fortress goodison park!!! :EASY: :EASY: :EASY:

Bayern were much stronger, but the ref did not exactly help Anderlecht...that sending off was totally ridiculous (but Wasilewski is a stupid idiot).
Bayern was better but also Anderlecht was not at their top form . also Munich had maximum efficiency , if the 2 first goals didn't go in it wouldn't have been a shame .
I didn't understand why Ahmed Hassan was on the bench and I still don't that Serhat guy :DOH:

Problem is tha Anderlecht has no real strikers who can play in Europe.
They did not replace Tchité in august. They bought Vlcek and Pieroni in january, but they can't play. And Frutos is once again injured...

I only saw the first half. I knew that Bayern would slaughter Anderlecht in the second.

There is not the slightest hint of a doubt that Bayern is the better team but apart from the senidng of there was another cucial mistake by the referee.
In the first half Van Bommel played back to his keeper. The GK catched the ball with his chest, but then Boussoufa cornered him. At that moment he took the ball in his hands and kicked it upfield to Altintop who did a run and scored a fantastic (first) goal...the ref should have given a free kick when the Bayern GK took the ball in his hands...
I can understand that the ref did not see that the GK took the ball in his hands, but what about his assistants and the 4th referee???

Bayern has a budget that is a fivefold of Anderlecht's and which is the reason why Anderlecht will always be the underdog. But i have the distinct impression that referees don't exactly help underdogs (and that is an understatement).

there is also mpenza who's injuried that's why he didn't play . but even when wasn't injuried it was serhat who started both games against bordeaux .

jesus everton had an off day , now thats a rare thing! we just didnt show up, shame too , fully expect everton to go through to next round , we shall do them 3 or 4 nil at fortress goodison park!!! :EASY: :EASY: :EASY:

Glad you have confidence for us but I dont see us getting 3 0r 4 against them at all.

there is also mpenza who's injuried that's why he didn't play . but even when wasn't injuried it was serhat who started both games against bordeaux .

Mbo Mpenza's problem is that he wants to play upfront...he is not a striker...he's no goal getter...
He's at his best as a winger or (even better) side midfielder...i still remember how much Roberto Carlos suffered against him in the 2002 WC...that was the great Mbo Mpenza...

Back
Top Bottom