UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread (Last 8)

I sense some hatred there. You guys aren't really the sharpest around here right?

Any news about the new trophy ?
I know the names of the fifty winners will be registered on the cut? like South American trophys

Fred aka against Aisatti.. I played against Aisatti 2 years ago haha.. wauw what a fantastic action! OMG

Re: UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread (Last 16)

gerd said:
Barcelona-Chelsea: best team goes to the next round. No discussion possible.

Villareal - Rangers: best team goes to next round, but Rangers surprised me...

Juventus - Werder: oh my god i feel sorry for Wiese, what a match he played and the such a stupid mistake...i think he wanted to show off...that look on his face when he realised that he lost the ball: the horror...lucky Juventus...

Very unlucky for Wiese indeed. He was certainly on his way to becoming the man of the match. Juventus isn't running smoothly at the moment, very tense and slow midfield play, so Juve needed that moment. Certainly a very glorious juve moment ...

denirobob said:
How about a Barca - Lyon final eh Proff?
Gets the tastebuds salivating just thinking about it.

Here's a question, how did fred ensure the dummy didnt fall out of his shorts during the game ?!??
I'm just drooling even thinking about it! The Final between Lyon vs. Barca that is lol..

and What a GOAL!!! Anybody have that in animation? GIF? damn....

I think Arsenal Vs Barcelona will be a more attacking-minded game than Barca- Lyon. All Arsenal did against Real Madrid both home and away was attack non stop, even at home in the second leg when they had the 1-0 advantage. Itwas just a pity that the goals did not flow in that game.

Well i largely prefer Lyon over Arsenal...
To me the last three season Lyon is the most attractive playing team in Europe...i'm a fan...
Their big problem is that they are not consistent...(look at the PSV matches last season...)

only over the last year have lyon eclipsed arsenal....between 2002 and 2004 we were 'the' attacking force. whoelse would manage to score more than 110 goals in all competitions for the last 2/3 years running. Lyon are a good efficient side but they havent been exposed to the big guns yet, real madrid are a shadow of their former selves as we showed them.

Doping said:
Yeah I hate someone through a message board :)

Leave the jokes to me ok? I make great jokes. You on the other hand, make terrible jokes.

ooh_harry said:
only over the last year have lyon eclipsed arsenal....between 2002 and 2004 we were 'the' attacking force. whoelse would manage to score more than 110 goals in all competitions for the last 2/3 years running. Lyon are a good efficient side but they havent been exposed to the big guns yet, real madrid are a shadow of their former selves as we showed them.
lucasetor said:
I think Arsenal Vs Barcelona will be a more attacking-minded game than Barca- Lyon. All Arsenal did against Real Madrid both home and away was attack non stop, even at home in the second leg when they had the 1-0 advantage. Itwas just a pity that the goals did not flow in that game.
I don't care just for attacking though. I enjoy the tactical side of the game like a team scoring a goal having lead and then trying to hold it up and not commit too many forward, defending well and hitting on couter. Defending, aerial battles, team work it's all part of football and I enjoy all not just attacking non-stop.

Nonetheless I didn't mention Arsenal in my dream final of (Lyon vs. Barca) because it'd be a big shock to me if they were to appear in final and win it on the other hand Lyon are one of 3-4 favs for me since last August to win CL so I can see them doing it much more than Arsenal.

Yes they beat Real Madrid but they are a shadow of themselves like Harry said and are a poor team overall (one of the weakest in the last 16) and one whose beating doesn't prove anything to me really.. . when they beat Lyon then we'll see.. my guess is it won't happen and it's just a guess of course.. hopefully they'll get drawn together for next round and we can see who the better side is clearly over the two legs.

Lyon are more than just an "Efficient" side. They are one of the best in world and have one of the best squads in world, one I'd take over Arsenal's anyway. If you think Arsenal will be a "Big Gun" for Lyon to face.. we'll see I guess.. they've already been tested and for me Arsenal will be playing the big guns and favs if they face Lyon not the other way around.

Edit: In fact now that we've talked about this stuff, I'd love to see Lyon vs. Arsenal for next round. It'll be a very good match and of course I'll be putting my money on Lyon in that tie unless some major injuries or drastic things happen.

Last edited:

Arsenal vs.Juventus
Lyon vs. Milan AC
Inter or Ajax vs Villareal
Benfica vs FC Barcelona

Arsenal/Juventus VS. Inter or Ajax/Villareal
Lyon/Milan AC VS. Benfica/FC Barcelona

Last edited:

I think the draw really favours Barcalona, the 2nd leg home right to the final. But they do have to face monst proberly the other fav or the dark horse that to be honest isnt really that anymore.Provided they get by Benfica of course.

Bad draw for Lyon, i don't speak about Milan, i speak about Lyon play the first game at home with Juninho...

ThomasGOAL said:
Arsenal vs.Juventus
Lyon vs. Milan AC
Inter or Ajax vs Villareal
Benfica vs FC Barcelona

Arsenal/Juventus VS. Inter or Ajax/Villareal
Lyon/Milan AC VS. Benfica/FC Barcelona

what a pity for the gunners, arsenal WAS a great team until today.
It will be nice for Patrick Vieira thier ex-captain to beat his storical team.

And now everybody in London!!!!!!!
Forza Juve!!!!!!!

ehehe Barcelona! :mryellow:

Time to kick the "culés" out of CL. :p

to arsenal fans :
don't make the same error of werder fans, these matches dure 180' and not 90' :D lol you can win at highbury, but in turin nobody can be alive...

yes that's sure, and believe a juventus great fan like me, they don't make the same mistake two times...
anyway juventus has obvious a better team, quality in each player : Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Mutu, Vieira, Camoranesi, Nedved, Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Thuram, Buffon and especially the puma EMERSON!!

it's very difficult for Benfica to win but it's not impossible...

Eu acredito

I honestly think Arsenal have a chance of getting to the final. Of course they have to get past Vieira and Juventus first. But they're avoiding Barca. If they beat Juve the'll face either Inter, Ajax or Villarreal prior to the final.

Last edited:

ThomasGOAL said:
Any news about the new trophy ?
I know the names of the fifty winners will be registered on the cut? like South American trophys
Yes, as the Libertadores Cup Trophy.

Incredible draw between Lyon and Milan, difficult to know which of them will pass because Lyon is in a greatful moment and Milan look very solid in this competition.

My favorites: Juventus, AC Milan, Inter and Barcelona; three italians probably.

403195_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg

New trophy.

FD

I think the 3 best teams are in one side of the draw: Barca, Lyon, Milan.
which is a pity, because...
the other side of the draw is not very balanced: Juve probably the strongest on that side, but look how Werder almost beat them.
Inter are too inconsistent, Arsenal are good, but will struggle against
the big guns.
Both Benfica and Villareal are good, but you'd think they will struggle
when it really gets tough.

Back
Top Bottom