Ubisoft's new Football Game Announced - Pure Football

Another thing is very strange! Remain little more than 2 months to the game release , but no details,gameplay video anywhere.:CONFUSE: Even in ubisoft site does not appear. Is presume must to have a demo after a month.

Pure Drivel would have been a better title, what a waste. Let's see the hype dude work this one...

Hey nick,and dont forget this is ubisoft so i wouldnt be suprised if they release it like assasins 2 where you have to be connected to the net to play(potentially a gamebreaker all on its own):FAIL: Although in the gerrard video i know he looks like frankenstein but that video stylee reminds me of the old iss pro evo ones on ps1. Kcet anyone?:THINK: if only.

If Ubisoft are planning to move into 'proper' football games then I think they should release a football sim sooner rather than later. A Fifa Street style game and a sim are quite different so I don't know what they could take from a game like this, hence I don't think they have any intention of entering the sim market. This is just a cheap 'World Cup fever' cash-in.

Football is the biggest sport in the world so there is plenty of space for a third title to go against PES & Fifa. Even if Ubisoft made a poor football sim I'm sure it would still sell ok, and get better over time.

hit and miss really, hopefully demo will be released so can see what its like but yeah, looks like a dumbed down fifa street

So he no longer works for Ubisoft then?

He's still very much working for Ubisoft. But he was quite dismissive of the game in the podcast, even questioning if there was much of a market for a street soccer game.

As for the Pure Futbol blog - at least it won't make FSB look so quiet.

So Adam writes on WENB (despite Ubisoft threatening to sack him if he didn't stop) as well as purefootballblog? Interesting conflict of interest there, does he really think if he posts under "Kitana Media" rather than "Adam" they won't figure out he's ignoring them? :)
is this legal?

Help us fund our own servers and improve Winning Eleven Next-Gen Blog. If you have any change laying around, then please donate to help us achieve our target.

I highly doubt it...

Well technically asking for donations to help with a blog or fansite or whatever is not illegal or that unusual, but when you consider that essentially a Ubisoft employee is asking people to give money to promote rival games to the company he works for, whilst also asking for money to promote a Ubisoft game, it all gets a bit murky IMO.

They also use advertising revenues to earn money which is supposed to help towards the server costs, no idea how much that earns them but I know it's something they're orientated around, I was kicked off FSB because I criticised Adam's desire for continual "no news news" type posts purely to ensure that the site kept getting hits and thus earning them ad revenue.

Last edited:
Securing some advertising revenue to fund the new servers would be the logical solution rather than asking for donations. What about the existing advertising? And the wenb store? I thought the profits from that were being put back into the site?

Scrounging from their community seems a bit much to me.

If you ask me, they could easily put the blog on something like facebook avoiding server costs, putting the big files on other free servers or sharing them on p2p nets. But then they would make no profit of it even if it were a big success.

Donations is a common thing in this kind of sites. This guy's morality isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well technically asking for donations to help with a blog or fansite or whatever is not illegal or that unusual, but when you consider that essentially a Ubisoft employee is asking people to give money to promote rival games to the company he works for, whilst also asking for money to promote a Ubisoft game, it all gets a bit murky IMO.

They also use advertising revenues to earn money which is supposed to help towards the server costs, no idea how much that earns them but I know it's something they're orientated around, I was kicked off FSB because I criticised Adam's desire for continual "no news news" type posts purely to ensure that the site kept getting hits and thus earning them ad revenue.

:PIRATE:

I'm looking forward to it.
No, seriously.

I think it's somenthing that was missing in the PC market (well, for NG consoles there's already Fifa Street so this thing doesn't really apply) and looks like it's going to provide some fun if played against friends.

Not sure about the single player though, it may soon become a bit boring in my opinion..

Pure Futbol (Ubisoft)

Pure Futbol is a new and unique vision of soccer video games, emphasizing the intense, physical and spectacular aspects of the sport.
Release: May 2010 (EU)

991043_20100304_790screen003.jpg

991043_20100304_790screen001.jpg

991043_20100304_790screen006.jpg

991043_20100304_790screen007.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom