Ubisoft's new Football Game Announced - Pure Football

Stupid, stupid ubisoft. What were they thinking? Fifa and PES contender... Yea right.

So, errr...............anyone got this?:JAY:
Here I am... Eight years later!

Got this game for PS3 last weekend, perfectly knowing the kind of game it is (it was for sale for a price so low that it would've been ridiculous to say "no" to it), and came here checking if there was a thread about it.

Let's make it clear: its resemblance to football is almost non-existent. Players wear football shirts, and there's a ball wandering around the pitch: this is all it shares with football. Its pace and the way it's (meant to be) played resemble basket more than football, for example.

I've only played against the CPU for half an hour or so, and I already found some things that they should've done better (how come you cannot aim a bloody volley while you charge it?) but I think it'd be a good arcade (even more than arcade, just over-the-top) game for a quick tournament against friends when we don't feel like playing PES or FIFA.
Some of its mechanics would really help build some banter (the fact it doesn't have fouls but you should still pay attention not to fill the "foul" bar otherwise you'll be given a penalty against, for example), and it's "oik" enough to provide some careless fun (especially after a couple of beers :WASTED:).

From what I've seen, it has some potential if played with the right mindset... But there's not much saving this game apart from this.
I can't see me playing it for a long time by myself though, I'd probably put it in its box and forget it in a drawer soon... But again, it will be there, waiting for the moment my friends come over and want to play something lighter than the usual football.

Back
Top Bottom