Trance / Dance / House Music Discussion

Stringer Bell said:
My brother used to tell me a lot about the house music days...how if you go to a house rave people had a lively mood, there was no tension, there no big fashion statement like who's wearing what, everybody just had a good time and the girls where very friendly, if you know what i mean ;)

I wish i was a lot older at that time man.

know what you mean - those days were the best days of my life. i'm 32 now and started 'raving' around 91/92. the best years for me were 94 and 95, at the height of all the brilliant scottish rave bands like q-tex, qfx, the casio brothers and the superb ultrasonic. i remember people going to clubs in just a pair of shorts and flip-flops! nobody turned a word in anyone's mouth - it was a special atmosphere...

we all used to eat some pills and had the best nights ever! complete strangers used to come up and ask for a sniff of your vicks! and others, who you had never laid eyes on before would just come up to you and massage vicks into your back and shoulders and you wouldn't bat an eyelid!!

people would be lying mangled on the floor and bouncers would just step over them - it was amazing!

i never ever, EVER saw a fight in the 5 or 6 years that i went raving - that tells a story...

oh yeah, the birds were EASY! :)

Accuface do some top stuff! Look out for My Destination :D

On another note - one tune thats tugging my trunk at the moment is Oceanlab's new tune (the guys from Above & Beyond) - Sirens Of The Sea. Sweet, sweet vocal trance

proxi said:
Accuface do some top stuff! Look out for My Destination :D

On another note - one tune thats tugging my trunk at the moment is Oceanlab's new tune (the guys from Above & Beyond) - Sirens Of The Sea. Sweet, sweet vocal trance

i remember an old accuface tune from one of the eary 'tunnel trance force' albums - it was called 'seduction' and it was lethal!

i came across some 'above & beyond' tracks when i was rating my september's trance playlist on my ipod and there are 4 different mixes of 'air for life' and all of them got a mediocre 3 out of 5...

I think the original of that is ace, especially when on the decks and mixing the bastard in :) Great bass. Never liked the remixes though!

3 out of 5 - mediocre - crikey that's harsh :D

Another mix....

1 / Marcus Schulz Ft. Airwave / Ballymena / Original Mix
2 / Vadim Zhukov Vs. Yana Kay / Waiting 4 Ur Love / Original Mix
3 / Ayu / Unite / Airwave Remix
4 / Ferry Corsten / Fire / Ron van Den Beuken Remix
5 / Perpetuous Dreamer / Dust.Wav / Original Mix
6 / Michael Woods / Solex / Original Mix
7 / Kallisto / Somewhere / Red Bull Junkies Remix
8 / Coast 2 Coast / Home / John O'Callaghan Remix
9 / Pulp Victim / The World / Moonman Remix
10 / Ralph Fridge / Mystery / Darbucca Remix
11 / Lightforce / Join Me / Club Mix
12 / M.I.D.O.R. Vs. Linn / Breathing / Trnz Mix
13 / Trinity / Like The Sun / Lost Witness Remix
14 / Trouser Enthusiasts / Sweet Release / Full On Mix
15 / Mauro Picotto / Komodo / Rob Searle Remix
16 / Ryan G / Supernova / Sonicvibe Remix
17 / Ronski Speed Ft. Stoneface & Terminal / Drowning Sunlight / Vocal Mix [First Play]
18 / System F / Out Of The Blue / Angelz Remix [Back From The Dead]
19 / The Thrillseekers / Fly Away / Thrillseekers Remix
20 / Aramanja / Memories / Sunset Mix [Tune Of The Week]

Download - http://files.filefront.com/Proxi___..._Live_On_Tuna_Piecom/;4317725;;/fileinfo.html

Does anyone like Michael Woods's Warrior : If You Want Me (The Non Vocal Mix)? I think it rocks :)

DJ

Yah man - very good stuff, as always for Michael Woods. I love Solex by him too, the original dub mix before the "Close To The Edge" vocals came along.

Anyone else heard Matt Darey's new tune Eternity? Sweet stuff, also the new remixes out of his old tune Liberation, there's a mix called the Deep Deep Mix by Matt himself, it has chords a lot like Fatkid - Southern Sun :D

Only versions of Matt Darey's Liberation that I like are the Solar Stone 2001 Mix, Ferry Corsten and the Original 1999 mix.

DJ

Love Solar Stone stuff altogether really.

Solar Stone - Solarcoaster (Original & Steve Murano Mixes)
Solar Stone - Seven Cities (Atlantis, Coastal & Armin van Buuren Remixes)
Solar Stone & Jes Brieden - Like A Waterfall
Solar Stone - Eastern Sea (Original & First State Mixes)
Cygnus X - The Orange Theme (Solar Stone Remix)
Solar Stone - Speak In Sympathy
Solar Stone - Release

All great tunes! I forgot how many there were!

Solar Stone Seven Cities is ace :) got that on Vinyl at home obviously I like the Solar Stones Atlantis Remix. Also another big old skool tune with me at the moment is Southside Spinners Luvstruck BUT ONLY the Original Marco V & Benjamin Mix, I find the DJ Jean mix to be a bit cheesey and focusses more on DJ Jean's clapping percussion and not on the tune where as the other version is just pure tune!! I dont think it lasts long enough though :(

DJ

I like the Original, the Marco V & Benjamin and the Atlantis Ita mixes of Luvstruck :) The latter of the three being the most full on trancey!

Here's another mix for anyone interested, there's new Solar Stone and Matt Darey tunes in this week :D

1 / Vadim Zhukov Vs. Yana Kay / Waiting For Your Love / Vocal Mix
2 / Markus Schulz / You Won't See Me Cry / 2005 Extended Mix
3 / Tekara / Wanna Be An Angel / Tekara's Original
4 / Matt Darey / Eternity / Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix [First Play]
5 / Ace's Delight / Mental Theme / Ace Da Brain's Hell On Earth Remix
6 / Underworld / Born Slippy / George Hales' Phazed Reality Remix
7 / Jorio / Remember Me / Space Brothers Remix
8 / Dogzilla / Without You / John O'Callaghan Remix
9 / Quivver / She Does / Quivver Remix [Back From The Dead]
10 / Ralph Fridge / Paradise / Nu-Gray Remix
11 / M.I.D.O.R. Vs. Linn / Breathing / Trnz Remix
12 / DJ Tiesto / Lethal Industry / Original Mix
13 / Future Breeze / Temple Of Dreams / Original Dub
14 / Svenson & Gielen / Beachbreeze / Svenson's Lasts A Fuckin Lifetime Mix
15 / Ronski Speed w/ Stoneface & Terminal / Drowning Sunlight / Vocal Mix
16 / Marksun & Brian / Neno Itome / Original Mix
17 / Randy Katana / Play It Loud / Original Mix
18 / Space Brothers / Forgiven / Ferry Corsten Remix
19 / Ace Da Brain / Tales Of Dusk And Dawn Sunset / Ace Da Brain Mix
20 / M.I.D.O.R. Vs. Six4Eight / Alone / Alex Sanchez Vocal Mix
21 / Solar Stone / Eastern Sea / First State Remix [Tune Of The Week]
22 / Elles De Graaf / Show You My World / Ferry Corsten Remix

http://files.filefront.com/Proxi___..._Live_On_Tuna_Piecom/;4344167;;/fileinfo.html

Melodic Trance TOP TUNE ALERT!!

Epos - Vivagio (Original Mix or Danjo & Styles Remix)

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE! :)

Im not so sure on Tiesto, I listened to Sub Urban Train the other day and it didnt do a lot for me, love his in search of sunrise mix of Delerium's Silence, and his Remix of Johan Gielen Velvet Moods is good, his remix of Schiller Das Glockenspiel aint bad but prefer the Original X-tended Mix. Traffic is a good tune, but not so sure about the others on his Just Be album.

DJ

I was trying out...ahem...FIFA Street a few weeks ago (look, I had a lot of free time then ok!). The game wasn't upto much but the music was amazing - especially the Breakbeat stuff by Distortionz (the track was called "Onion Ringz" methinks).

I'm continously expanding my music tastes and love to listen to some more of this s*** - what would you recommend along these lines?

Mainly i just have breakbeat remixes of trance tracks matey, they ain't too hardcore in terms of actual breakbeat music though.

Here's the latest of my trance mixes, this one was from last night!

http://files.filefront.com/Proxi___...una_Piecom_191105mp3/;4374744;;/fileinfo.html

1 / Thrillseekers / By Your Side / Original - Recon By Ratty
2 / Mark Otten / So Serene / Menno De Jong Fierce Dub
3 / DJ Shog / Jealousy / Vocal Mix
4 / Solar Stone / Eastern Sea / Martin Roth Remix
5 / Alex Arestegui / Proem / Alucard Remix
6 / Matt Darey / Liberation / Darey Deep Deep Mix
7 / Trinity / Like The Sun / Lost Witness Vs Sassot Remix
8 / Phynn / Close Encounter / Club Mix
9 / 4 Rising Stars / Feeling Me / Phynn Remix
10 / DJ Pure Path / Relativity / Club Mix
11 / DJ Unique / Corrupted Emotions / Club Mix [Tune Of The Week]
12 / Matt Darey / Eternity / Terry Bones Remix
13 / Above & Beyond Pres. Unkle Petter / So Many Faces / Original - Recon [First Play]
14 / TRC / The Anthem / Heaven's Wire Remix
15 / Galen Behr / Time Will Tell / Club Mix
16 / Katcha / Touched By God / Katcha's 4am With 'Pecker Mix [Back From The Dead]
17 / Eden Project Ft. Tiff Lacey / Open Your Mind / Vocal Mix
18 / Rank 1 Pres. Mac J / Perfect Blonde / Club Mix
19 / Armin van Buuren Ft. Jan Wayne / Hymne / Sail 2005 Anthem
20 / Lange / I Believe / DJ Tandu Remix
21 / Raje / Worship You / Rob Searle Remix

proxi - i have a lethal tune for you, once again, only got round to listening to it on my ipod (dated march 2005) i'm sure you'll love it!

The Green Martian - Ladies & Gentlemen (GD Remix)

Just listened to the Tiesto in Concert DVD and it had this tune on it which i think is worth a listen

Kay D. Smith & Marc Tall pres. Passive Resistance - Praiseworthy Tunes (Hoilpolloi Mix)

proxi said:
Hmm - haven't heard it, must find it!

if you can't find it, i'm back in london this evening so i'll upload it for you.

although, i'm starting to love the original mix more now... :p

nooooo FIFA Street lol :) the worlds worst Gimmick. Back to the old skool for me as Clubbers Guide To... Ibiza Summer Ninety Nine is rocking my stereo at the moment, Some good tunes! some pecculiar early versions of tunes that were changed before final production and some good solid mixing and some dodgy mixing by Judge Jules.

DJ

Wooooooooo im going to see Tiesto again

only at Passion this time but its him none the less :)

proxi said:
I like the Original, the Marco V & Benjamin and the Atlantis Ita mixes of Luvstruck :) The latter of the three being the most full on trancey!

The Original is called the Original Marco V & Benjamin Remix dude. They are Southside Spinners.

DJ

Indeed they are, however i have an Original & a Marco V & Benjamin mix in my collection, different lengths, slightly different sounds. The Atlantis Ita remix still remains my favourite and the 2005 mixes were just shite! :)

proxi :) good man I have the one which featured big in the early part of 1999 on the Clubbers Guide to... Ninety Nine and Clubbers Guide to... Ibiza Ninety Nine.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom