Tottenham Thread

Kaboul's injuries have impacted his capabilities, is a shame, he was awesome two seasons ago.

Yeah, Kaboul was the talent that faded but I haven't quite given up on him yet. Luckily they've got pretty good coverage in the CD spot.

Fabio has no third party owners, he's 100% owned by Sevilla.

Yes, I was referring to Fazio, he is a very good player. Probably they are sorting out the technicalities behind the buyout clause. In Spain, buyout clause don't work as release clauses work in other countries. Buyout clauses are meant for the player to deposit, so there are a lot of technicalities in the process of Tottenham giving Fazio the money so that he can deposit the buyout.

ByIoGuhIUAAjc5o.jpg:large

Who the hell is Santini? I honestly can't remember someone called that managing Spurs

I hope this goal will be a major boost for him.
Must say i like Eriksen-Lamela-Chadli...they shown some good things.

From what i've seen about the City match (first half only), Soldado is an amelioration compared to Adebayor.

And why is Vertonghen on the bench ? Kaboul was great against Arsenal, but once again abysmal against City.

A couple of weeks further and Lamela is on the bench.
Please allow me one of there fans rants.

We are shit.

Why the hell did he listen to the fans.
I'm not convinced by Harry Kane (he should have scored in the first half after that lovely run by Chadli). And Andros Townsend ? Perhaps he'sgood for England, but i can't remember one decent Spurs match from him.

What happened to Eric Dier and Ben Davies ? Dier was very good at tthe beginning of the season and Davies was very good for Swansea, butnever got the chance to play in the EPL.

Our captain is often the worst player on the pitch and now even our very good GK makes mistakes (that first Stoke goal).

Let's take a look at yesterday's team.

Lloris: ok, more than ok.
Kaboul: a liability.
Fazio: benefit of the doubt, he's not that bad.
Danny Rose: decent work ethic, but technically not good enough.
Kyle Naughton: a championship player at best.
Capoue: decent.
Mason: can't see what all the fuss (fuzz ?) is about.
Andros Townsend: yes he was great for QPR, but not good enough.
Eriksen: had a bad match yesterday, imo he was always overrated, but he should start.
Chadli: best player of the season so far. I really like Chadli, but he is not meant to be a Spurs' best player.
Kane: should be an impact sub at best. His goal against Villa was a lucky one, yet the fans refused to see that.

The subs:

Lamela: perhaps expectations are too high.He is not the next Messi, but who is. I would start him, one ofthe few things that works half decent is the interplay between him, Eriksen and Chadli. Build the team around them for the rest of the season. It is not enough for the EPL, but we know we are not a top 4 team. Why not concentrate on cups ?

Dembele: lack of confidence, the best thing he could do is go to another club. But i would always play him instead of Mason.

Adebayor: get rid of him asap.

Why not let Soldado play more. IMO he's doing well although he isn't scoring.

Oh and sack Levy.

Rant over.

I think the thing about Spurs is that fans will never be happy because they just expect too much. To keep up with Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal, Liverpool and even Southampton isn't easy at all. But I think most Spurs don't care about cups and just want fourth place, but in all honesty this would be almost an utopia for Spurs, with all due respect.

At the moment, Spurs are far from fourth place.
But we have the potential to be among the contenders, a couple of years ago we actually played CL.
I admire what Southampton are achieving, but i don't see why Southampton as a club would have more potential than Spurs.
Pocchetino is the best proof of that, didn't he left Saints for Spurs ?

But there is something wrong with Spurs. I have a feeling that Spurs makes players worse somehow. Loads of players never fullfilled their potential at Spurs...

And yes the fans are a problem (like they are in most clubs to be honest). Fans do have irrealistic expectations and they are fickle.

I listen to the Spurs podcast, they are funny, but the things they say...one week they say thatVertonghen is a fantastic left back and the next one they say that he should never play left back and should only play CB because he is the league's best CB. Another week Vertonghen is not good enough...

Chadli: after one or two ball touches they saw that he was absolutely rubbish. This season he excells, but he is scarcely mentioned...

Kane, Mason and Townsend should play because they are youth products and carry the real Spurs mentality...my ass...

And then there is the way they talk about Arsenal (the Scum), that is absolutely ridiculous...

The moment Spurs stop thinking about Arsenal, they are ready to take a big step forward.

Unfortunately, that is not for now...

Spurs are a huge club and tbh I loved the 4th spot battling w/ them. I rather have a strong Tottenham then a weak one in the league :SHHH: . I still think they`ll get it right and will be fighting for Europe.

I don't see much quality in the Spurs squad.

I think only Lloris and, to a lesser extent, Eriksen and Vertonghen are players who the top 5 clubs would even take a 2nd glance at.

I can see where you are coming from, but as a City fan you have different standards.
I mean no disrespect, but i can se ethat in all your posts.

An example ?

We would be over the moon with Dzeko, you don't like him...

On the other hand: you could use Vertonghen, you don't have a single CB that is as good as Vertonghen (problem is that Vertonghen is visibly not happy with Spurs).

Lloris is also a much better GK than Hart.

IMO the problem is not the quality of the players, if it were as simple as that, Spurs had to buy better ones and the problem would be solved.

The problem isa mystery to me: players are constantly underperforming for Spurs and the moment they leave the team, they all play better. Gylfi Sigurdsson is the latest example (other recent ones: Dempsey and Pienaar).

Something is wrong, but i wouldn't know what...

If Chelsea hadn't won the CL, then Hazard would be playing for Spurs, pretty sure he would have turned out to be average...

Gomes was a fantastic GK before he played for Spurs...

About Eriksen, imo he is overrated, never was convinced that he was an addition for the team. He's not doing bad in his interplay with Chadli and Lamela, but he is not as good as you write.

lamela is definitely top club material. he just doesn't seem to be performing to his standards (yet).
his first season in italy was extremely disappointing (to the point that many people started questioning his actual skills). but after his first season he began tearing defences apart, in the exact same fashion of di maria.
u just have to be patient with him... sooner or later he will settle, find his rhythm and show english fans what he's really made of. :))

Good to hear that Lamela is the kind of player who needs time to adapt. It's clear that the potential is definitely there...

But like i already wrote, it seems that loads of player never reach their full potential when they play for Spurs (there was also Shevshenko's strike partner when he played with Dynamo Kiev,the guy was great for Kiev and a donkey for Spurs, Rebrov if i'm not mistaken...it seems this happens very frequently for Spurs).

I'm convinced the poroblem is with the club and not with the players.

I'm not talking just from a City perspective but also a Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Utd perspective. I can't see any of those teams benefiting all that much from many Spurs players.

I wouldn't swap Kompany for any CB in the world so I obviously think it's insane to think Vertonghen is better than him.

Lloris and Hart are similar. Excellent GKs prone to mistakes from time to time.

Lamela might turn out to be good but I have yet to see anything from him in a Spurs shirt. A few people raved about him at the start of the season but I felt the reaction was overblown and merely a contrast to his debut season where no-one saw him. He has talent, at least based on his Roma appearances but then I look at Gervinho...

YES!!!

What a great match by Nacer Chadli.

Spurs played well but they were a litle bit lucky at crucial moments. But a great win.

Back
Top Bottom