Tottenham Thread

I know, just pulling your leg ;)

I really like Kane - he's exactly what you have been lacking for a while.

Pochettino is a top manager too, I knew he would come good :((

Don't know if people are aware of this but... Kane is a Gooner :P

2577C57D00000578-2944794-image-m-105_1423412921173.jpg

Just thought I'd say that to make you feel even better :P

I hate spurs :-P but it is actually really nice to see a local lad doing so well.

I remember about 4-5 years ago I had a work colleague who supported Spurs and always said to me Harry Kane is amazing and will be great for Spurs one day........looks like he was right.

I'll be honest, I didn't think he'd make it in the first team squad, I thought Tom Carroll would.

Now the roles have reversed and there is just no space for Carroll next season, we have a number of youngsters at different stages of development that could make the step up to the squad.

Alex Pritchard is next.

There is a rumour in Belgium that Jan Vertonghen will leave Spurs.
Pocchetino wants to buy Napoli's Raul Albiol and wants to swap him for Vertonghen.

This could make sense in a way.
Vertonghen two best friends in football are Moussa Dembele and Dries Mertens.

Dembele has to leave Spurs and Mertens plays for Napoli...

And Vertonghen is a person who wants to have friends at a club...

Not bothered about Dembele when he's sold, comfortably the most frustrating Spurs player in my lifetime.

I love him, but he was indeed a disappointment.
Spurs need to buy CM's, both Bentaleb and Mason are not good enough.

For me Bentaleb is excellent and has a higher ceiling than Kane. He needs to play with a DM or in a midfield three, he can offer a lot more when he isn't restricted to being a holding midfielder.

Mason is a No. 10 converted into a CM, he too is restricted currently.

Once again: only Spurs...

2-0 up and then conceding a draw...not good.

I have a feeling Lloris will leave before the end of the transfer window.

He already sold plenty of players, but they were all deadwood. I can see your point, but i'm not convinced.
I fear a Modric scenario. A last minute transfer with no time to buy a replacement. Not that Vorm is bad, but Lloris is a class above him. He is in the same league as De Gea and Courtois.

I was thinking how embarrassing is it for West Brom to say no 4x. Is there another form of no that means maybe or are they adding a quid each time.

Then I read this:
14 mins ago
Sad how i cant say exactly how the club has treated me but i can officially say i will never play Jeremy Peace.

At least he didn't drive e up to the Spurs camp for a medical. ;)

This thread is dead for months and this despite the fact that Spurs have their best season since the beginning of the EPL.

To me this comes totally unexpected.
Pochettino and his team are doing a great job.

We have quite a squad at the moment.

I still fear injuries. Hope Vertonghen's injury isn't too bad.
We also need a back-up for Kane.

From november on i was convinced Spurs could finish in the top 4. At the moment i even think we might have a chance to win the EPL (that would be against all odds). But it's still possible we finish outside the top 4...

The fact that we are still in the Euro League and in the FA Cup might be a disadvantage...

Still, what a great season!

Delle Alli turns out to be a massive player, Alderweireld is one of the transfers of the season and Dembele is the player he was with AZ.

It seems Spurs aren't very good at negotiating transfers.
Last trasfer period, the Berahinho trasfer fell through and now the same happens with Mousa Dembele.
Saturday he passed a medical, but Spurs kept on insisting on him coming immediately while Fulham wanted a loan back until the end of the season.

In the end Fulham called of the deal...

I can understand Levi's point of view, Spurs having only Kane as an out and out striker, but surely this the second time this happens. I hope he had a plan B.

This said imo both Song and Chadli are competent enough to play as a striker and both are scoring goals easily. Moussa Dembele (you know the one who came from Fulham as opposed to the one who will not come from Fulham) used to be a CF, but one who isn't a goal scorer...

Dembele is just Fulham insisting on a loan back.

I'm not bothered if we don't buy another striker, Chadli and Son can cover this season.

Kane doesn't need back up, he needs competition.

Back
Top Bottom