Tottenham Thread

The PL is by far the most popular and powerful league. LL, BL and SA combined can't live up to it in those regards

I'm sure the money generated helps as well

Anyway, I hope Sherwood finds a decent club. I like him. Him giving the manager's seat to a fan was awesome lol. He's Old School

....and they come to England for the weather?

Yeah, Ibraponyvich ALWAYS dreamed of playing for...PSG :LOL:

Players come to huge clubs in England like Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal who have LONG, huge histories.

Ligue 1 isn't near the quality of Prem League and never will be.

@Godotelli

Sherwood is a chump. I can't wait to see the back of him.

Yeah, Ibraponyvich ALWAYS dreamed of playing for...PSG :LOL:

Players come to huge clubs in England like Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal who have LONG, huge histories.

Ligue 1 isn't near the quality of Prem League and never will be.

@Godotelli

Sherwood is a chump. I can't wait to see the back of him.

My point is the top players will usually go where the money is. Serie A was the best league in Europe during the late 80s and most of the 90s because that's where the best wages were.

Actually Ibrahimovic has never been interested in playing in England. Believe it or not most foreign players don't grow up dreaming of playing for English clubs.

Well, he did visit Highbury in 2000 and certainly entertained the thought
Ibra01.jpg

The problem being that he already had an inflated ego and when Wenger invited him for training to show a bit of what he could do, he reportedly said 'Zlatan doesn't do trials' :LOL:
Who would turn down a training session with Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Vieira et al? I guess he's always been mental.

Well, he did visit Highbury in 2000 and certainly entertained the thought
Ibra01.jpg

The problem being that he already had an inflated ego and when Wenger invited him for training to show a bit of what he could do, he reportedly said 'Zlatan doesn't do trials' :LOL:
Who would turn down a training session with Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Vieira et al? I guess he's always been mental.

He's not done bad for himself since but i bet he kicks himself and thinks 'what could have been?...' ;))

Believe it or not most foreign players don't grow up dreaming of playing for English clubs.

That's true. The dream is always to play for the top Spanish or Italian clubs (and Bayern). That's why the top top players don't come to England and when they come, generally they soon will leaving.

Apart from Cristiano Ronaldo, I don't remember any player outside the British Isles that had won the Ballon d'or while playing for an English side.

That's true. The dream is always to play for the top Spanish or Italian clubs (and Bayern). That's why the top top players don't come to England and when they come, generally they soon will leaving.

Apart from Cristiano Ronaldo, I don't remember any player outside the British Isles that had won the Ballon d'or while playing for an English side.

Just Mickey Owen.

Reflects that even when English clubs have won the CL, they don't garner the kind of 'star power' associated with more glamorous European teams.

Just Mickey Owen.

Reflects that even when English clubs have won the CL, they don't garner the kind of 'star power' associated with more glamorous European teams.
He's English. I was talking about non-British/Irish. But that is exactly my point. The type of football played is not atractive for the "start players", IMO.

He's English. I was talking about non-British/Irish. But that is exactly my point. The type of football played is not atractive for the "start players", IMO.

Also before Chelsea/City, English teams almost never bought star players that weren't from the British isles. United made that mistake with Veron, but that was about it in terms of established, peak of powers stars. I'm not sure any teams could afford it back then, to compete with Real etc.

He's shit. Plays players out of position and thinks he's a Mourinho Lite.

Hope we get in a proper manager now.

Even if he puts on some 150 pounds, that nose will always give him away :LOL:

Good thing for Spurs, bad thing for football...this might be the beginning of the end for Southampton. And that is a shame.

As a Spurs fan, i'm glad. I was impressed by Saints when they played Spurs. Spurs won that match, but their football was hit and run...Saints were a team with a plan (i think i even wrote something like that in this thread).

IMO Pochettino canbecome a great manager, if Spurs allow him time...give him 3 or4 seasons to build something.

But i'm more a football fan than a Spurs fan, so this is rather sad news...now players like Shaw, Lallana, Rodriguez and others will also leave Southampton...

It will surely have an influence on Shaw, Lallana and co...not sure if Shaw will go for United if other teams (who are playing CL) are interested in him.

Looks like Lamela has started the downpayment thoroughly. He alone tore QPR a new arsehole today. Chadli as well, but he has shown glimpses for a while now. Wonderful first half by Spurs and laid-back control of the match in the second half. Best match I've seen so far in the PL this season.

Can't argue with that...
Lots of encouraging stuff: Dier, Lamela, Vertonghen, Capoue all played a very good match.

I also saw some sloppy passing and Kaboul....he is not good enough IMO.

Back
Top Bottom