Tottenham Thread

Here come the excuses. Fabregas, Hleb, Adebayor, Gallas, Bentdner and Eduardo all play regularly in the Premiership too. Spurs hammered you, end of story.

Dress it up how you like but at the end of the day it was our second string. How many Premiership games have Hoyte, Traore, Denilson, Fabianski, Diaby, Walcott and Bendtner started? Probably about 25 between them. Hardly our strongest 11. But well done to Spurs, lets hope it takes them another 8 and a half years to beat us again! :mrgreen:

Spurs thrashed Arsenal last night. That's the bottom line. Wenger underestimated the Spuds and thought his overrated kids could do the job. Sorry but Walcott is shite.

Spurs thrashed Arsenal last night. That's the bottom line. Wenger underestimated the Spuds and thought his overrated kids could do the job. Sorry but Walcott is shite.

Exactly, you talk about players developing etc but this kid hasnt shown me a glimpse of anything decent:shock: when players are young like Rooney and Ronaldo, Fabregas were ,they oviously had alot of off days which is understandable and they still have them now, but they all still showed with little chunks of why they are so highly rated, theo hasnt shown me anything that makes him a player of that stature,

he should have stayed in Southampton till at least 21 because i don't see any improvement ,don't think that is going to change in 2 years if he continues this way...

Last edited:
Maybe sore loser Wenger hasn't figured out his best position yet, Gareth Bale has definately improved since his move.

To be fair to Bale he isn't injury prone and on both occasions that he's been injured this season he was on the end of bad tackles from the opposing players.

F*ck i'm jealous:mrgreen:Thiago is on his way to Tottenham,a fee has been agreed between the 2 clubs,very good signing guy:applause:

loved the story of spurs players trying to soak wenger with champers after the game...

anyway great win...

great not to have to hear about wengers kids anymore (cesc, gallas, hleb all kids with no experience...)

looking forward to the game on sunday....

last leage game @ OT v spurs was pretty tight..

be more goals in this one!!

I'm very happy about Tiago.

Sunday's game will be a good one also, I'm looking forward to it.

loved the story of spurs players trying to soak wenger with champers after the game...

anyway great win...

great not to have to hear about wengers kids anymore (cesc, gallas, hleb all kids with no experience...)

looking forward to the game on sunday....

last leage game @ OT v spurs was pretty tight..

be more goals in this one!!

Would much rather get to the semi finals with a second string team and get beaten by a full strength Spurs team. Than get beaten 2 - 0 at home by Coventry.

We only had a few first teamers because of the African nations and injuries. to start we had Gallas, Sagna, Hleb - that are part of our first 11 if every one was fit. 3 players! - fair enough other first teamers came on after - but please - people are going on as if it was Spurs full team verses ours!

Spurs did very well - they wanted it much more than us and they beat us - Law of averages dictates that spurs have to win sometime :)

Our kids did get us to the semi finals and they got us to the final the year before. Your second string got you no where - they couldn't even beat Coventry at home! :shock:

Last edited:
Breaking news

Tottenham Hotspur have signed one-off shirt sponsorship deal with British Airways

A spokesman for British Airways said:

"No publicity is bad publicity, and we wanted to take advantage of our recent crash landing by sponsoring Tottenham Hotspur for Sunday’s game against Manchester United"

Would much rather get to the semi finals with a second string team and get beaten by a full strength Spurs team. Than get beaten 2 - 0 at home by Coventry.

We only had a few first teamers because of the African nations and injuries. to start we had Gallas, Sagna, Hleb - that are part of our first 11 if every one was fit. 3 players! - fair enough other first teamers came on after - but please - people are going on as if it was Spurs full team verses ours!

Spurs did very well - they wanted it much more than us and they beat us - Law of averages dictates that spurs have to win sometime :)

Our kids did get us to the semi finals and they got us to the final the year before. Your second string got you no where - they couldn't even beat Coventry at home! :shock:

how ever you try and spin you had whatever 1st team were available...

we did a similar thing last time we won it, then when we got to the semi's SAF played experienced players...

i'd rather get knocked out in the early rounds than embarassed in the semi's...

anyways our record in the league cup is piss poor...

but being reigning champs, top of the league and in the other major comps makes up for it...

slightly...

how ever you try and spin you had whatever 1st team were available...

we did a similar thing last time we won it, then when we got to the semi's SAF played experienced players...

i'd rather get knocked out in the early rounds than embarassed in the semi's...

anyways our record in the league cup is piss poor...

but being reigning champs, top of the league and in the other major comps makes up for it...

slightly...

Why don't you mention all the premierships you have won aswell why your at it.

I was talking about the Carling cup - thats it. We all know what you have won. Funny how you keep bringing that up when it has no relevance to what we are talking about now. Are you struggling to prove your point - I think you are :)

I would call getting knocked out of the cup by Coventry quite embarasing!! :lol:

Why don't you mention all the premierships you have won aswell why your at it.

I was talking about the Carling cup - thats it. We all know what you have won. Funny how you keep bringing that up when it has no relevance to what we are talking about now. Are you struggling to prove your point - I think you are :)

I would call getting knocked out of the cup by Coventry quite embarasing!! :lol:

i said that our record in the league cup was piss poor, did you not read the post....

hhhhmmmm united losing to coventry (a team we could give a feck about)

compared to arsenal being outplayed and well beaten by their city rivals...

do the math!!

i said that our record in the league cup was piss poor, did you not read the post....

do the math!!

I don't think there is any difference. The whole world pissed themselves when you lost to Coventry much like they are laughing at us now.

do the math!!

There is no Math to do - Its two football teams!!!

You might be able to change it into an algebraic formula - but good luck with that one!! I have not either the time or inclination my fellow to even contemplate doing that.

While your at it try and do the math of Man U getting knocked out of a cup by a team that are 5 points away from relegation out of the Championship!

While your at it try and do the math of Man U getting knocked out of a cup by a team that are 5 points away from relegation out of the Championship!

so its a big deal that we got knocked out of cup we very rarely do well in, by the better team on the night...

ive got no problems with that...

SAF said the team wasnt good enough and farmed half of them out on loan...

if the same had happened to the gooners and we were embarassed by man city in the semi finals...

infact I cant even imagine...

Believe me mate I don't want it to EVER happen again. I woke up on Wednesday praying it was all just a dream and we actually stuffed them 5-1, then I logged in here....:sad:

thats the thing about having great records against teams...

it makes it worse when they eventually end...

8 years and you have been making poor spurs fans live's a misery...

it was the same when city beat us the 1st time (in a long time) at their own ground...

just swallow it down dude...

and give them their due...

bitterness just prolongs the pain...

Nah I'm not bitter at all. They deserved it over the 2 legs, it should have been all over after the 1st leg. I suppose I was hoping that we could beat their 1st team again with our fringe side in the semi final. Well I suppose we did it last season so it was a big ask to do it again :)

Unlucky today lads, you really worked hard, we were a bit lucky towards the end. Dawson's sending off helped us out (what was he doing?!). You lot look really good under Ramos, totally different team (you know how to defend now!)

:)

Back
Top Bottom