Tiger Woods 12

Re: Tiger Woods 10 (360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP, iPhone, Nokia95, Barclays card reader...)

Dad just bagged a 77ft putt on the hardest difficulty level - meaning no putt preview - and he can't even do the swing properly (or see what he's doing), so I think it's fair to say yes, putting is far too easy.

Re: Tiger Woods 10 (360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP, iPhone, Nokia95, Barclays card reader...)

That could just be luck. I'm talking constantly doing it

I'm constantly getting putts of that range in, especially with the putt preview on Pro difficulty but almost as much on Tour Pro as well.

My putting stat is just short of 12 (which is maximum I believe), everything else is under 10.

I'm constantly getting putts of that range in, especially with the putt preview on Pro difficulty but almost as much on Tour Pro as well.

My putting stat is just short of 12 (which is maximum I believe), everything else is under 10.

What's putt preview?

That's not a line showing you where to go is it?

You guys depress me!

I used to think I was 'good' at gaming, but the event of online services has rendered me pretty much useless.

I never play on hard levels, always generally struggle on the 'normal' levels :(

I'm on the default level of TW and alright, I'm doing 'ok', but never sink "every putt" or "putt without the grid or preview" - infact, my putting is pretty shit.

Aside the story a bit above, I've not come close to winning a tourny yet, let alone (as I've read on AVF) battling it out with Woods himself in the final of the Fed-Ex cup on the highest difficulty level.

You wait till you guys get older!!!

You guys depress me!

I used to think I was 'good' at gaming, but the event of online services has rendered me pretty much useless.

I never play on hard levels, always generally struggle on the 'normal' levels :(

I'm on the default level of TW and alright, I'm doing 'ok', but never sink "every putt" or "putt without the grid or preview" - infact, my putting is pretty shit.

Aside the story a bit above, I've not come close to winning a tourny yet, let alone (as I've read on AVF) battling it out with Woods himself in the final of the Fed-Ex cup on the highest difficulty level.

You wait till you guys get older!!!

Amen to that, I'm the same.

And you have admited it!!

Are you coming down with swine flu or something?

I have to say i can pick up any game and be pretty good straight away dunno how, alot of my mates are the same

And you have admited it!!

Are you coming down with swine flu or something?

I have to say i can pick up any game and be pretty good straight away dunno how, alot of my mates are the same

You just wait till you hit your mid 30s... all the fun stops and the arthritis kicks in on the thumb joints.

I won a tourney so I can't be that bad.

What's putt preview?

That's not a line showing you where to go is it?
You line up the shot and press LB, it shows you how close you've got the ball if you hit it to where you've put the marker. You can only use it once but once is all you need usually, if you've got the power right all you need to do is tweak it left/right and it goes in.

I'm going to have to play you online sometime Paul/Jay! :LOL:

(Before I start I should point out that I'm utter crap at 99% of games...)

Practically finished the game now, which is a real shame. Not in terms of game completion %, in terms of every game I play I'm winning against the CPU, on the hardest difficulty, so there's no incentive to carry on.

Been up since around 5am this morning so I decided to do a four round tournament. Literally, IN THE FIRST ROUND, I had the top five drive records, the least putts record, the most fairways in regulation record, the most greens in regulation record, and another one (most birdies record?).

What made me laugh was that after this, and after beating my nearest competitor Vijay Singh by 5 shots, my power, shot accuracy, short game and putting stats all went down. Okay then, so I beat everybody in the PGA Tour, in my first season ever, and you're saying I played poorly? Whatever. (And after four rounds, beating everyone in my first season to win the very first PGA Tour event after becoming a pro, they all went down 10%...)

Since then in every round I've broke all of the above records again, and I ended up winning by a mile. This is the hardest difficulty, and I've not even got maximum stats like all the kiddies online who've paid for them (currently I'm 9.7 power, 9.2 accuracy, 9.2 short game, 10.2 putting - all out of 12).

As a golf sim I have to say it's absolutely pathetic, it provides no challenge whatsoever and the fact that you can hit 340 yards every time after you've got 50% of the way through the Tournament Challenge mode is utterly ridiculous. You can't get a challenge against the CPU and online you can't get a fair game, people get scores of -25 per round - my question is, how can EA sit back, look at those scores and say "this is all looking good"? It's the equivalent of winning games of FIFA 18-10 game in game out.

I tried the extreme tournament to get a challenge - even though the scores there are still around -20 - and when you get to the greens there's no grid. Now I want it to be hard, and if you could actually see some kind of breaks purely by looking at the lighting, I'd love that. But you can't. It's just a plain green surface, so you've got no chance unless you play the course so often you know the greens inside out. Maybe after playing it for six months I'll be okay with that but at the minute I just think, what's the point?

So what is left to do with the game if offline it's way too easy and online it's impossible?

2K Sports needs to make a golf game. Screw the licenses, let us all create custom characters and play online. :YES:

EDIT: Or someone needs to make a EUROPEAN PGA Tour game, with UK commentators and UK crowds, so we can avoid the "silly" commentary and the "WOO YEAH AWWW GO CRUSHER!!" crowd noise every time you fart...

Last edited:

2K have the licence for Links, just they never done funk all with it. EA did release a European PGA game back in the days of the SNES and MD. Not sure if they maybe did on the PS or not though.

EDIT: European PGA Tour Golf on the PS was done by Infogrammes back in the day, who became Atari, so there is probably a European PGA Tour licence going spare now.

Last edited:

I remember reading about the Links license being snapped up by somebody, I vaguely remember reading it was going to be turned into Vijay Singh 2000-and-something? But then it all collapsed. Shame because the last two Links games (the PC one and then the Xbox one) were fantastic, nothing like this arcade garbage.

I'm not saying it isn't a fun game but I'd have to play against an Evo-Webber, and overlook the scoring (equivalent to having a game of football against someone and each game finishing 8-6 or whatever, I'm sure you could have fun but at the same time you think, this isn't right).

Evo-Web Golf Night - Coming soon!

I remember reading about the Links license being snapped up by somebody, I vaguely remember reading it was going to be turned into Vijay Singh 2000-and-something? But then it all collapsed. Shame because the last two Links games (the PC one and then the Xbox one) were fantastic, nothing like this arcade garbage.

I'm not saying it isn't a fun game but I'd have to play against an Evo-Webber, and overlook the scoring (equivalent to having a game of football against someone and each game finishing 8-6 or whatever, I'm sure you could have fun but at the same time you think, this isn't right).

Links was superb on the old XBOX - does it still run on the 360? Might pick it up.

It does, I had it for a brief while but I couldn't find anybody online so that was that.

sorry mate must of missed that. you must be good then because I am finding it hard to keep with the leaders on that mode. Which doesn't say much for my golf skills.

Played Mr.Boreham at this the other night and kicked his anus.

I've only rented this so don't have the manual and haven't play a TW game since forever really. I've tried looking for some tips with no joy.
What do the different colours of the lines on the green mean?
Is it something to do with speed? Green, Red & Blue are the colours I remember.
I'm OK at putting so far but would still like to know exactly what they mean.

I'll wait to hear the real story from Pbb.

Yea, thanks Tim!! :)

I'd like to set the record straight and confirm he actually, whipped my anus - so please get your facts right Mr Grim.

(Actually, we were both shit, so there.)

We need to play again with a full 18.

I think I need to get this game and show you all real golf.

I have a Game voucher so I'll use that and buy it :)). Won't be today though, tomorrow I reckon with a bit of luck, but if not then Tuesday.

I'm buying it now. Could I join you guys for a round tonight if you're playing?

I would be up for a 4some tonight ;)

I want this now :(

Back
Top Bottom