Tiger Woods 12

Re: Tiger Woods 10 (360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP, iPhone, Nokia95, Barclays card reader...)

I hated Tiger Challenge and I always spent days completing it 100% to make sure my golfer could actually hit a ball a decent length, if it's not there any more I'll be really glad.

Don't know how you guys are playing it though when it's not due out for nearly a month. :(

it is region-free on 360 like PS3 so you can import dude. Asian version is £30

Re: Tiger Woods 10 (360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP, iPhone, Nokia95, Barclays card reader...)

Didn't know that, think I'll grab it from VideoGamesPlus.ca!

Got my 360 version yesterday thru Amazon and am on it now, seems pretty solid and looks a little more polished I think

Going to get this later from Blockbusters - getting on 360, so might catch you for a round C-Dubbya.

have not played mine for a while but wanna know how you improve the power stats. I do the drills and it goes up but then when I complete a round in career mode the stats go back down. I cannot drive the ball further than 250 yards. On long Par 4 courses I am struggling to hit the green in two shots. When I play online the other players are hitting the ball much further than me.

I do not play with the silly unrealistic assists where you can add more power or spin while the ball is in the air for example.

Got this yesterday, I like it. But there's still a lot wrong with the game - the AI loves to let you win a hole when you're behind, aiming literally 45 degrees away from the hole on a level green, and then when you're leading they get chip-in eagles (seen two in four games against the CPU).

I prefer the challenge system they've put in now, but mainly because of one thing - when you go "back in time" and play against the pros where it copies their shots exactly from the real event, there's no crappy AI involved so you get a good game.

Physics have been improved from the demo, but there's still the odd weird moment. I hit the pin before and the ball appeared on one side of the flag, then the other, then the other, then the other (flashing like fireworks) and flew off twenty feet away. Plus there's occasions where your ball will just disappear when you get it into the hole (I know it's supposed to, har har - I mean it doesn't drop into the hole, it just flashes off the screen).

Talking about the physics though, does anyone else find that the trajectory of the shots is ridiculously low? You can hit a ball 200 yards and if there's water 100 yards into the shot then you'll dive straight into it, I don't understand why they've done that...?

Graphically it's not great (although putting your face in is brilliant, you can get them spot on), and the commentary is absolute garbage. The woman overacts and the man is just a snidey little git, it's nothing like real commentary and there's very few lines compared to the other EA games.

But they've fixed the ridiculous distances, the stats system seems better, club tuning seems to be better (and it's essential now, thank God you can adjust the loft on your clubs so you can avoid the trajectory issues as much as possible). It's good, better than it was, but it's only tweaks.

Everybody's Golf is still better and more realistic, which is mental considering the style of the game. TW always has this "sweet spot" where if you avoid a margin of error it will always go in, whereas in EG the margin of error is 1%. So it's like playing with sticky balls (in this heat who isn't) and then when you play EG it's like the ball is totally free.

Good to play as the pros though and have 16 courses to choose from (I read 18 but I only see 16, that's excluding the two DLC courses that they've released ALREADY)...

Got this yesterday, I like it. But there's still a lot wrong with the game - the AI loves to let you win a hole when you're behind, aiming literally 45 degrees away from the hole on a level green, and then when you're leading they get chip-in eagles (seen two in four games against the CPU).

I prefer the challenge system they've put in now, but mainly because of one thing - when you go "back in time" and play against the pros where it copies their shots exactly from the real event, there's no crappy AI involved so you get a good game.

Physics have been improved from the demo, but there's still the odd weird moment. I hit the pin before and the ball appeared on one side of the flag, then the other, then the other, then the other (flashing like fireworks) and flew off twenty feet away. Plus there's occasions where your ball will just disappear when you get it into the hole (I know it's supposed to, har har - I mean it doesn't drop into the hole, it just flashes off the screen).

Talking about the physics though, does anyone else find that the trajectory of the shots is ridiculously low? You can hit a ball 200 yards and if there's water 100 yards into the shot then you'll dive straight into it, I don't understand why they've done that...?

Graphically it's not great (although putting your face in is brilliant, you can get them spot on), and the commentary is absolute garbage. The woman overacts and the man is just a snidey little git, it's nothing like real commentary and there's very few lines compared to the other EA games.

But they've fixed the ridiculous distances, the stats system seems better, club tuning seems to be better (and it's essential now, thank God you can adjust the loft on your clubs so you can avoid the trajectory issues as much as possible). It's good, better than it was, but it's only tweaks.

Everybody's Golf is still better and more realistic, which is mental considering the style of the game. TW always has this "sweet spot" where if you avoid a margin of error it will always go in, whereas in EG the margin of error is 1%. So it's like playing with sticky balls (in this heat who isn't) and then when you play EG it's like the ball is totally free.

Good to play as the pros though and have 16 courses to choose from (I read 18 but I only see 16, that's excluding the two DLC courses that they've released ALREADY)...

:LOL:

The commentary is a joke. They rarely ever say anything. Can you help me on getting my power up mate?

How you finding the real time weather in tour mode? I think it is broken as it seems to rain way too often. unless they released a patch recently to fix that.

Gameface is just as bad as the Fight Night one.

Same here, jaygrim, I never had much luck with it. Give it a few versions, I suppose, and it might be ready for prime time.

The commentary is a joke. They rarely ever say anything. Can you help me on getting my power up mate?
I've only had it for a day but I find you have to finish (or at least make a good impact in) the Tournament Challenge mode to get your stats up and keep them up. Then remember to use your prize money to buy some of the equipment that boosts your game (i.e. a shirt that boosts your drive power +1 or +2, which I think is totally stupid by the way but it serves a purpose). Without the Tournament Challenge mode I wouldn't have anywhere near the stats that I do (along with the bonus games it gives you at the end to boost the areas you're lagging in), and the equipment helps too.

How you finding the real time weather in tour mode? I think it is broken as it seems to rain way too often. unless they released a patch recently to fix that.
I've seen a lot of people with the achievement for using the Weather Channel option when it's raining on the course, so I would guess that either it's broke or they're giving people a chance to get the achievement. Either that or it's been constantly raining across the entire United States and Scotland for the last few weeks. I haven't actually played it online yet, I've got the console in the living room where there's no phone socket...

Gameface is just as bad as the Fight Night one.

Same here, jaygrim, I never had much luck with it. Give it a few versions, I suppose, and it might be ready for prime time.

Mine looks perfect, perhaps I just have one of those faces...

Really liking this more than any other TW ever!

The presentation is great, loving the new style menus in HD (perhaps these were in 09?) the integration with the challenges and the avatars appearing at the top and the whole thing feels VERY polished.

The gamerface does suck though - I came out looking like a scary clown - big white face on a darker skinned body :( Why cant you change the hue of your skin when using gamerface.

I may try again with a darker picture, but I'd still be cautious of how close it comes out to the real thing (post yours up Chris?)

Liking the EANet Challenges too. Playing a hole and Jaygrim popped up as a long drive challenge (saw that off easily :) ).

Like the new putting system, feels more fluid and you can adjust the shot alot more. I thought the graphics (besides the faces) were really good Chris and I liked the constant updates of scores in your tournament (offline) and the cheering in the distance etc. Makes you feel part of the event more.

So overall, well chuffed with this - compared to Virtua Tennis 2009 that I got today too :( Gutted, that is awful. I knew it would be as 99% of the reviews said it stank, but I've got Murray fever and wanted VT3, but Blockbuster didnt have it, so settled on 2009 - will stick it up on AVF after the weekend :(

Chris did you use a photo or use the 360 camera?

Yeah Paul, originally I had that white makeup look going on. But I stuck the photo in Photoshop and use the auto levels/contrast/colour settings, then fiddled with it a bit more to make sure it had the right skin tone, and uploaded it again. I uploaded a few actually using different saturation levels to make sure I got it right, but the game supposedly takes the average colour from your photo and uses that for skin tone (I've put one of a friend in where he looks a bit red and his skin tone initially made him look like a crab).

Jay, I upload high resolution pictures to the website (it says 1024x768 minimum, I go a bit above that).

Ah ok i used the camera i think it just makes a face up because mine had a full head of hair.

It only imports a mask-sized chunk of your face, anything above the eyebrows or to the sides of your cheeks is generic until you fiddle with it in the editor afterwards.

Cheers Chris, might give it another go then.

I went back into the editor and removed my game face and made myself using the EA Tools and its actually a better 'looking' me than using my actual face - which is a bit scary!

Still loving this game though - just finished evens for the second tournament 2 rounder. Thats good for me! :)

Like this game miles more than the others.

Ditto, I love the "play the pros" stuff as well, so much more interesting. And with the commentary off it's far less frustrating. :TU:

Peter Alliss and Ken Brown FTW!

A patch for this has been released today, PS3/360 (I believe the PS3 one was released a few days ago).

EA SPORTS said:
Fixed Attribute Penalty for Users Who Complete an Attribute Capped Live Tournament
In an Attribute Capped tournaments, users who used a created golfer with naturally high stats would often have their attributes go down as a result of playing with capped attributes. There will now be no bonus or penalty to attributes in Attribute Capped events.

Removed Classic Putter Functionality from Tour Pro Online Head-to-Head Matches
Changed to not allow users to take the Classic Putter into a Tour Pro match online.

Fixed PGA TOUR Season Mode to No Longer Skip the Second Round of a Tournament After Completing 18th Hole In A Practice Round
Holing out on the 18th hole of a practice round no longer causes the user to skip PGA Tour rounds.

Fixed Value of Saturation Level of the Ground After Rain Fall Stops
The rain soak effect will now degrade over the course of an entire round and not just after 2-3 holes.

In addition to the above Bug Fixes, we’ve also made the following changes to our Online Live Tournaments, allowing for more play options.

Added Sweet Spot Capping for Live Tournaments
In Live Tournaments, we have added the ability to change the sweet spot of the club to different percentages from the server. For example, if your clubs are tuned to have a 75% sweet spot, and you enter a tournament that has a 40% max sweet spot you will be play as if your sweet spot is 40%. If you have a 15% sweet spot and enter a 40% tournament, it will not raise your sweet spot.

Added Specific Golfer Only Functionality to Tournaments
Added the ability to set up Live Tournaments to only allow users to select 1 specific golfer to enter with – for example, all users would have to play by using only Tiger Woods.

AHHHHHH FUCK.

Spent the last few days working my arse off to get through Tournament Challenge, finally managed to get some decent clubs... Now no matter what I do, I've got the EA clubs, and I can't select the new ones. In-fact it lets me pick any clubs in any position (at one point wedges as a driver), but when you try to save the changes - even if you're sensible - it defaults to the EA clubs and I can't get away from them.

REFUND PLEASE EA.

EDIT: Looks like they've known about it for a while but they haven't bothered fixing it yet, CLICK HERE.

DO NOT BUY MORE THAN ONE SET OF NEW CLUBS IN ANY CLUB SECTION (DRIVERS, WOODS, IRONS, WEDGES OR PUTTERS), OR YOUR GAME MIGHT FUCK UP - NO FIX IS BEING TALKED ABOUT BY EA.

Last edited:

You killed that thread. It was probably the lack of "this is retarted....". Come on, this is the internet.

That is shite, though. Even though it won't affect me (I'm unlikely to get that far) I've decided not to buy this until it's fixed.

I got a new driver and my bloke was playing with it so i thought "what the fuck is Chris on about. After that round i got some irons and yes CD was right they dont change.

I've not had the club problem yet I must say - and I've upgraded all my clubs.

Perhaps its when you buy more than 1 like CD says?

Anyways, had my best ever tourny in any TW game yesterday. First round, I was -1, though fucked up the last few holes and should have been tied first on -3.

Second round started with an Eagle, 3 birdies and another Eagle to put me clear in the lead on -7, which I held until the back nine, went to pieces and finished on E :( Really thought I was gonna win it.

(EDIT: Sorry, I said that like it was nothing! I was ABSOLUTELY STUNNED to start a round like that!!)

The only thing that spoils this game for me (aside the clubs bug that I am yet to hit), is the ridiculously low scores online in the daily tournies. Checked some yesterday and the leaders are like -28?!? How is that possible??

Means I'll never play in any of those tournies which I was really looking forward to doing.

Last edited:

The only thing that spoils this game for me (aside the clubs bug that I am yet to hit), is the ridiculously low scores online in the daily tournies. Checked some yesterday and the leaders are like -28?!? How is that possible??
This is why Everybody's Golf is better, you have four "divisions" you can play in and because you have to book an event to play it, and only 50 can play at once, you don't see such pathetic scoring. Especially in the first three "divisions", scores of -9 or -10 usually win it. It's one of the few games - if not the only one - that I can bear to play online nowadays.

Because everyone plays everyone on Tiger, the few ridiculous kiddies in the world who pay to max out their golfer (shame on you EA BTW) and play on the easiest settings with all the cheats on (power/spin boosting) will always win.

Have you seen the four day tournament scores? -100 isn't even the best I've seen so far.

Credit to them though, there is an "EXTREME DIFFICULTY" tournament option now where I saw scores around -9 after one round. So I'll have to try them out.

IF THEY EVER FIX MY GAME...

I'm playing on tour pro and it is very hard. I thought there were tournaments that were for that difficulty only.

Really enjoying it though it's class, best tiger yet.

Found a ridiculously long-winded workaround for the problem I was having (and a lot of people on the official EA forums as well). I've posted it over there so that everyone can give it a go, but I hope because I've used the word "workaround" EA decide not to patch it...

Okay, I seem to have found a fix for this. I'm kind of nervous about reporting it because I don't want anyone at EA to think "so it was user error then" - it's not, it's a massive bug. But after six hours of screwing around with the game yesterday out of desperation, I managed to fix the situation. I did a lot of things so here's what I did, in exact detail and in order, to fix it. I'm not sure which bits fixed it but I've put a title above what I THINK did it.

1 ) I went into the Pro Shop - NOT THE BAG - and equipped the second of each club I'd bought (not the third). So my intermediate driver instead of my expert driver, etc...

2 ) I clicked the Play Now option to test if they appeared. They appeared, seemingly with all my tuning options still there.

3 ) I quit out, went to the Performance Tuning section, and each club had the text of the EA clubs (EA SPORTS Oversized Driver etc.), but if you looked at the club itself when you were swinging it to about 50%, you could clearly see it was the club I'd equipped in the Pro Shop. But the tuning options were for the beginner clubs.

WHAT I THINK FIXED IT...

4 ) In preparation for the next step, I entered the Pro Shop and deselected everything I've ever bought. So default shirt, default pants, default shoes, no glasses etc... And for clubs I equipped all of the default clubs, first selecting the second available set I'd bought in each category and then selecting the original clubs again (just to make sure that the selection "stuck").

5 ) What I was then going to do is reset the tuning of the beginner clubs - being the only ones I could select to tune - to their original settings. Unfortunately there is no "default settings" button though, so I created a new golfer, wrote down the settings for each club, loaded my original golfer again and inputted the settings. This changes the "tuned" text on each club to "default", so it definitely worked.

The tuning settings for the default clubs are...

DRIVER: Loft 9.5, power 25%, workability 22%, spin 22%, bias 50%.
ALL OTHER CLUBS: Loft 0.0, power 25%, workability 22%, spin 22%, bias 50%.

Sometimes the game will put your selection off by 1%, but you know if you've inputted them correctly because when you save the settings it will switch from saying "tuned" to "default" next to the club header.

6 ) After this I went into the bag and deselected an 8I, swapping it for an LBW. I exited and re-entered to make sure that it had kept the setting. It had.

7 ) I went into the Pro Shop and equipped the second driver I'd bought again, exited the Pro Shop and entered the In The Bag screen to see if it showed the driver I'd selected in there. It had. I then repeated this step, selecting the second club I'd bought and exiting the Pro Shop EACH TIME, going into the bag and checking it was there, until all my second clubs were selected - each with their REAL NAMES (i.e. Callaway driver instead of EA SPORTS driver).

8 ) I went into the club tuner to make sure all the clubs appeared with their actual names and appearances, and tuning abilities. It all checked out, but then I altered the tuning of each club just slightly so that it would save new, uncorrupt settings.

9 ) I quit the club tuner and went into the Pro Shop, selecting the latest driver I'd bought (the one that started these problems off in the first place). I quit the shop, went into the bag again to make sure it was there, and it was. So as before, I repeated this step selecting the next latest club I had quitting the Pro Shop EACH TIME, going into the bag and checking it was there.

10 ) That's it. Eventually, I could see that they were all there. They all worked in the club tuner as well, and now everything is as it should be.

If you want to try a quick and easy way that MIGHT fix it... Just go into the Pro Shop and equip your default clubs, then go to the club tuner and set the default settings detailed in step 5. Try to use your latest clubs then, as this may be the one thing that is causing the problem - but I've listed absolutely everything I did in-case that doesn't fix it for you. Something in the detailed report I've written above fixed it for me, so it should fix it for you too.

But please, EA, fix this bug anyway... I doubt every one of your customers is going to read this...

Either im fucking ace at putting or its to easy

Seems as on any Tiger Woods game i can putt from anywhere, long, short, uphill, downhill, slanted left, slanted right or a mixture of all of them

Anyone else find it easy?

Back
Top Bottom