Tiger Woods 12

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Focusing on the Wii version.

Here is a trailer using the Wii Remote Plus...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/1...-tour-10/videos/tigerwoods10_spc_wiidemo.html

TBH, doesnt seem massively different to the 09 mechanics, though the draw/fade options seem more consistent.

Like the new weather option thats tied into the Weather Channel - so whatever course you play on, the actual weather that day will greet you in the game!

Re: Tiger Woods 10 (360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP, iPhone, Nokia95, Barclays card reader...)

Wii is shit, fact.

Opinion, not fact.

Actually got some really good games if you look past the shovelware gimmick shite.

MadWorld is looking like another classic...

Re: Tiger Woods 10 (360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP, iPhone, Nokia95, Barclays card reader...)

It was just a joke dear, but thanks for biting, one little fishy and so little bait used ;)

It was just a joke dear, but thanks for biting, one little fishy and so little bait used ;)

:( hook, line and (you are a) stinker...

Do golfers really play in heavy rain?

From time to time yes. They don't play if its thundering though

Nope. It's scary as shit in thunder. Holding a load of metal poles in your hands and on your bag.

From time to time yes. They don't play if its thundering though

Okies ta :)

So far seems a bit lame though that all they've added is variable weather, 3x the amount of spectators and real time updates in career mode.......

Very lame. Also they've changed one of the commentators, so now it's just a woman who can't (voice)act and some typically over-the-top ESPN guy.

As one of the comments under the Wii gameplay video said (on Gametrailers), it's ironic that Everybody's Golf is so cartoony and yet has far more realistic gameplay. No constant 400-yard drives, sinking 100ft putts etc...

Looks quality, after missing out on this years I will definately be picking up Tiger Woods 10 :)).

Yea I like TW. I wish it was harder like Links for the PC. But it's still a solid game. The crowd should be good, it's about time they had a big crowd in game.

So what's changed gameplay wise? Have they said anything yet?

I like golf games but if nothing much has changed I may aswell get TW09

Re: Sony PlayStation 3

EA has released a PS3 and Xbox 360 demo for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10.

On offer are a couple of holes from the US Open plus a taster of the Tournament Challenge mode using the 17th hole at The Players Stadium Course - TPC Sawgrass, whatever that is.

Tiger Woods arrives this year with dynamic weather conditions that affect gameplay, plus new commentators and a new Practice mode.

It's unlikely to stun, but the series scores consistently and highly each year. The game launches on PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii and Xbox 360 on 3rd July.

The Wii version, incidentally, has Wii MotionPlus controls.

Ive pre-ordered this, hoping for some evo tourneys :)

Yeah me too :)).

:( Really hoped it was good as well now that they've wrecked Everybody's Golf and nobody plays it any more. Demo won't be finished until the morning, hopefully I like it.

I just don't like the add power and all that crap.

I miss links for the difficulty. Was superb game on xbox live.

Ahh Links was awesome :)). I think I still actually have it.

I just don't like the add power and all that crap.
In the full game you can switch it off, it's the first thing I do. A few people on here were arguing that it's realistic and that a pro golfer would sometimes "save his power" until a big hole. I disagree entirely, I think it's bollocks, but thank God you can switch it off.

Played the demo this morning, I like it! Still not as much as Everybody's Golf because they go out of their way to add far too many gimmicks and guides, but it's better than it was. Shot paths are more realistic (apart from wet greens which are like trampolines for some reason - they send your ball flying 20ft backwards when they hit, every time). Distances are more realistic and the weather effects are good, and I like the new putting meter (although it might make things a bit easy, especially for the elites online... This is why Everybody's Golf is so much better, they keep it simple, no guides or anything like that).

I like it but it's nothing revolutionary. I'll probably pick it up when it's £20 cheaper.

Prefer Everybodys Golf, although Tiger is improving on the evidence of the demo....

After not buying 09 I am looking forward to 10, will get the demo when I get in from work

played the demo and I like it.

I got this on import as never had a Tiger Woods game since the orignal xbox titles.

I took off all the unrealistic stuff but I have noticed there is no making cut in the tournaments. Is this missing or have I not found the right option?

I see you can select 2 or 4 rounds. I thought 4 rounds would automatically add the 'making cut' realism.

Why did they remove the Tiger Challenge mode? I used to like that the most, Tournament Challenge is boring :(

I hated Tiger Challenge and I always spent days completing it 100% to make sure my golfer could actually hit a ball a decent length, if it's not there any more I'll be really glad.

Don't know how you guys are playing it though when it's not due out for nearly a month. :(

Back
Top Bottom