Tiger Woods 12

Re: Tiger Woods 10 (360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP, iPhone, Nokia95, Barclays card reader...)

Me, Tim and who ever will be playing this tonight if anyone wants to join?

Re: Tiger Woods 10 (360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP, iPhone, Nokia95, Barclays card reader...)

I was playing "Beat The Pros" before, where it levels your stats at 7-7-7-7, and it was really enjoyable. You can't hit it stupid distances, you can't make stupid putts, and you can be really inconsistent (first round I was -3, second round I was +4).

Gone back to my career now and I'm winning by five shots on Pebble Beach after nine holes, it's such a shame. I'll have to purposefully wreck my stats.

EDIT: Oh, there is a secret code you can input to level the stats, great!

EDIT 2: Oh, it only affects power... CLICK ME

EDIT 3: "This leaderboard's like NASCAR, they're four-wide into a turn!" Christ EA, if you're going to delay the game for a month on our shores, at least do a little bit of localisation...

Last edited:

"This leaderboard's like NASCAR, they're four-wide into a turn!" Christ EA, if you're going to delay the game for a month on our shores, at least do a little bit of localisation...

"This leaderboard's like pension day at the post office, they're four-wide at the counter!"

How's that do?

"This leaderboard's like pension day at the post office, they're four-wide at the counter!"

How's that do?
Much better. :TU:

Speaking of pensioners I'd love Peter Alliss in there talking about One Man And His Dog, cottage pie and children. Perhaps that'll be DLC...

What time we teeing off, Jay?

EDIT 3: "This leaderboard's like NASCAR, they're four-wide into a turn!" Christ EA, if you're going to delay the game for a month on our shores, at least do a little bit of localisation...
Oh yeah, that Yank commentary pissed me off within 5 minutes of playing the game for the first time.

I remember Alliss commentating on Actua Golf 2, fucking hell that was years ago, ooh its in the bunker Brighton beach! :))

Does this game favour high scores? I played TPC at sawgrass and won at 35 under par. I then played a tournament at St Andrews and lost at 29 under par with Tiger winning on -31. I'm now doing the US open at 1st round I was -5. 2nd round I hit a 59.

Also is there no playoff? Me and Tiger were -35 at TPC but I won the tournament.

-35?! WTF :BLINK:

Bought this recently and I'm quite enjoying it lol.... Anyone on PS3 fancy a match up?

Anyone get the new Tiger Woods with the Masters? Hearing reports you have to buy 6 courses to complete a season once you get your tour card in game? Is this totally true? Are EA really charging for things that should be in the game?

Anyone get the new Tiger Woods with the Masters? Hearing reports you have to buy 6 courses to complete a season once you get your tour card in game? Is this totally true? Are EA really charging for things that should be in the game?

I've bought all the DLC, which is a first time for me in a Tiger title.

6 season events are used in a rotational basis in career mode from the DLC. You don't need to buy the courses to complete a season, you can opt to skip the events with little effect on rankings (by all accounts on the US Tiger forums).

Whether you want to pay for the DLC is a personal choice, £34 for 18 courses, taking the total to 34 with 2 to come is a win win for me.

Again, personal choice.

so whats the difference between the standard edition and the limited edition of tiger 12 dont you get extra courses with the limited edition

Isn't related to TW 12 - but just reading about TW 13 and there's some scary stuff coming out of EA Sports.

To play 20 of the 32 courses you have to 'rent' them. Which you can do by earning points in game - but it apparently takes hours to get 1 course 'rental'. So of course you can buy them via DLC...but still just renting.

So for 20 of the 32 courses, you have to apparently pay $2 a round. In a video game. That you already paid $50 for.

That scares me as a gamer, and disgusts me as a consumer. I'd like to say f*ck off EA, but let's face it, they own just about every franchise out there.

wouldnt mind gettign a golf game not gonna buy newest one though ill get a cheap older one but which 2010 or 2011 or 2012?

wouldnt mind gettign a golf game not gonna buy newest one though ill get a cheap older one but which 2010 or 2011 or 2012?

I have 11 and really liked it. You can probably get 11 or 12 super cheap these days, both are similar imo. Golf games don't change much year to year.

I have 11 and really liked it. You can probably get 11 or 12 super cheap these days, both are similar imo. Golf games don't change much year to year.

exactly hence why i wotn bother with £40 for 13. I guess 12 is best version to buy then?

Seems like TW is the worst franchise for rip-off paid DLC - that thing with the courses and I think I remember someone saying you could basically buy XP/upgrades for your golfer to practically cheat online etc.

Back
Top Bottom