The TV Thread

Anyone have a Panasonic Viera TH42PZ80B, can pick one up for £800 inc 5yr Warranty... It's the biggest I can fit where I want till I knock walls down, and my bust Sammy will cost me nearly 200 notes to fix so I may as well get a new set...

My Mate has that and its a very good TV

Bob and Tobi, that cheaper 555 Harmony remote doesn't have a colour or touch screen...err screen

Oh and the colour Harmony is £75 from Amazon when you use the HARMONY1 code :))

My Mate has that and its a very good TV

Bob and Tobi, that cheaper 555 Harmony remote doesn't have a colour or touch screen...err screen

Oh and the colour Harmony is £75 from Amazon when you use the HARMONY1 code :))

I knew that about the 555 - but £75 for the Harmony one is interesting.

EDIT: Yep jsut checked it and its £75 with Super saver delivery :))

Cheers Coopz :DD

Decisions, Decisions.

Last edited:
Do you know how long that code lasts for?

I plan on buying it next month.

Wait a minute. What was that thing he was holding right at the end of the video? Was that the same remote he showed throughout the video cuz it showed album art and track info.

Anyone have a Panasonic Viera TH42PZ80B, can pick one up for £800 inc 5yr Warranty... It's the biggest I can fit where I want till I knock walls down, and my bust Sammy will cost me nearly 200 notes to fix so I may as well get a new set...

i got that tv for 599 with 5 year warranty from john lewis, took a bit of hassle to get it price matched but there not doing it at that price now

bargain

Wait a minute. What was that thing he was holding right at the end of the video? Was that the same remote he showed throughout the video cuz it showed album art and track info.

Nah - that was his music/mp3 player at the end.

The wife won't let me get the Harmony one :(( So I will jsut have to stick with my 4 controllers :ROLL:

Looking back at CES 2009, held a three weeks ago in Las Vegas, Team [edited] reckoned that LG's lush, 15in OLED TV was just the epitome of cool.

But being a wholly prototype design, we'd have to wait until at least June before even contemplating laying out the cash for one.

Sony, however, has been parading the 11.1 XEL-1 OLED-based TV for a while now, and since last January US customers have been able to buy one for $2,499 (£1,750) should the urge and folly take them.

Now, though, UK customers can get their grubby mitts on one...with a huge catch.

SonyOLED.png

Perusing the Sony Style site, the 3mm-thick XEL-1 will be available for a grand total of £3,489, and will ship at the end of this month.

In effect, you could fly to The States, buy one, have a great time, and still save money. OLED is expensive technology, sure, but this pricing is just silly.

We wouldn't be surprised to see Sony chop £1,000 off the price in the next few days in a special 'sale'.

Still, Sony can claim to be priced.like.no.other.

So who buying one :LOL:

OLED looks like it will become the norm eventually. :)

i blame coopz, i just bought the harmony one

lastnight i ordered and then decided to cancel it , as £75 (as good as this remote is, it's just a fooking remote)

but as i was on the laptop, i was watching some HD channels on my dreambox, and to watch my dreambox, i have to turn it on, turn amp on, switch to the right input, and adjust the volume from either the dreambox or amp

but i was looking through my thousands of channels on the dreambox and while reading about this remote online, it said you can use picture/icons for channels and activities, well at that point i reordered it

because i will setup based on movies and sport, icons for my favourite channels that i watch and they will simply move my motor to those channels without me having to look through my channel list that has thousands of channels, not to mention one click of a button and it turns my amp on to the right input, with right volume setting and turns my dreambox on, hell i could get it to turn to a particular channel as part of it

will also setup some channels for my son who is 5, so he can recognise these channels by there logos and all he has to do is click them and it will turn all revelant equipment on take him to that channel

when i watch wmv hd movies through my xbox, i have to have xbox on, amp on set to a diff input, volume etc then i have to have the tv sound down... but once click of a button will do this

and it will also replace 4 remotes, so yea 75 quid is stupid on a remote, but it all depends what purpose it serves and to me it will be very useful

i will prob be able to sell it on for what i paid after a few months if i get bored anyway

Last edited:
That TV is a lot more expensive here than it is in the US, of course its a niche product but that price point is absurd.

You could get a top of line Kuro + Onkyo AV Receiver and speakers for that price.

lastnight i ordered and then decided to cancel it , as £75 (as good as this remote is, it's just a fooking remote)

but as i was on the laptop, i was watching some HD channels on my dreambox, and to watch my dreambox, i have to turn it on, turn amp on, switch to the right input, and adjust the volume from either the dreambox or amp

but i was looking through my thousands of channels on the dreambox and while reading about this remote online, it said you can use picture/icons for channels and activities, well at that point i reordered it

because i will setup based on movies and sport, icons for my favourite channels that i watch and they will simply move my motor to those channels without me having to look through my channel list that has thousands of channels, not to mention one click of a button and it turns my amp on to the right input, with right volume setting and turns my dreambox on, hell i could get it to turn to a particular channel as part of it

will also setup some channels for my son who is 5, so he can recognise these channels by there logos and all he has to do is click them and it will turn all revelant equipment on take him to that channel

when i watch wmv hd movies through my xbox, i have to have xbox on, amp on set to a diff input, volume etc then i have to have the tv sound down... but once click of a button will do this

and it will also replace 4 remotes, so yea 75 quid is stupid on a remote, but it all depends what purpose it serves and to me it will be very useful

i will prob be able to sell it on for what i paid after a few months if i get bored anyway

:LOL:

Ill buy it off ya ;))

You get what you pay for as they say:WORSHIP: nice remote!

Pioneer reportedly ending TV production

Say it ain't so (again) Pioneer, Japan's Nikkei is reporting that despite planning a return to profitability by sourcing Panasonic plasma panels, facing a consolidated loss of 100 billion yen ($1.08 billion U.S.) it will end TV development and production entirely. The DVD business will be spun off into a new venture with Sharp as part of a plan to shed several thousand employees over the next year, including a shutdown of its Shizuoka plant, along with already planned closings in the U.S. and Europe. Honestly, we should have seen things were going badly when it let LaserDisc die, but the worsening economy may have proved too tough for the idea that its Kuro and Elite line of products would not be subject to the ups and downs of the economy.

http://feeds.engadget.com/~r/weblogsinc/engadget/~3/mDPSXXk56mM/

Not good news great TV even if they are on expensive side maybe that was overall downfall in end didnt get competitive enough.

The signs were there when they signed that deal with Panasonic, still a shame though.

Did you get the Harmony one Remote? What's it like?

Back
Top Bottom